Always

Always

 

 

Love was a wonderful thing, a beautiful thing but also a scary thing. It was something that Minhee and Yoongi thought that their lives would always consist of: each others love. 

So, with the ten years together, they finally decided to tie the knot. Minhee was over the moon in love with the boy, and his eyes sparkled whenever he looked at her. 

If anyone were give a single word about their relationship, it would be "soul-mates". The two were meant for each other. They completed each other in more ways than they could have asked for. They had the same taste in music, hobbies, a great friend group, a life filled with laughter and love. 

They were smitten with each other.

 

 

However, three years into their marriage and things were beginning to change and Minhee didn't understand why things were progressing the way they were. 

She was absolutely in love with Yoongi, but it was beginning to seem like Yoongi was falling out of love with her.

It was a gradual thing. He started coming home later than normal, getting drunk, late night phone calls, hickeys that she knew weren't from her, a complete halt in their life, and just a complete lack of interest in her. 

It began to eat away at her.

She didn't know how to confront him about it, but when she did mention to him about his hickeys, he always brushed it off saying "You gave me them. You probably don't remember because you were half asleep, but you said you wanted some love and gave me them". She knew it was a lie. 

The thought of him and someone else broke her heart. It left her crying in the middle of night; almost every night while he was out drinking or seeing this person. 

 

Finally when he was home for once, she decided to straddle him in bed. "Babe, we haven't had in almost a year. And I'm getting up there in age, I think we should start trying for a baby". 

However, he brushed her off "I'm too tired for . Maybe another time".

She couldn't stop eyeing the love bites on his neck. Was she not good enough for him anymore? "Well that's okay. We can try later. I just really want a child soon, maybe within the end of this year? Could we try?" she pouted. He looked up from his cell phone long enough for him to let out a deep sigh and tell her "Minhee, I don't think so. I'm gonna have to leave for military service soon. It won't be fair to you or the child while I'm gone for those two years".

She understood that logic, but she knew there was another underlying issue because she knew that Yoongi wanted a family. They had been together for thirteen years at this point, why didn't he want a family with her? Was she not fit to be a mother?"

But then there were days when he would become so wasted and would just lean on her and tell her that he wished he loved her, and that just broke her heart. It mentally and emotionally ruined her

 

For several months, the same thing had continued to take place. Every day the more her anger and sadness dwelled up in her. She didn't want to lose him. 

The following Tuesday had come around, and it was the day that just completely shattered her world. He came home pretty drunk and came crashing through the front door and into the shoe rack. Minhee had quickly gone to help her husband up and check out his wellbeing. 

"Baby, what's going on? Why are you like this?" she asked, practically almost holding him up. He cocked his head back and let out a groan, "I'm fine" and forced himself off her and stumbled into the livingroom and sat down on the couch. 

"Would you like some water?" she asked, pouring a glass for him anways before hearing an answer and handing it to him. 

There was a moment of silence before he mentioned that he was tired and was going to bed, but she had to let everything out. She had to tell him how he was making her feel and wanted to know what exactly was going on with him that was making him like this, and treating her this way. 

"Yoongi!"

He turned and looked at her.

"Are you cheating on me?"

He scrunched his face and waved his hand in denial, "No. Why would I do that? Nah. Nah. Nah"

"Don't you dare lie to me anymore. I'm not stupid" she stood her ground finally, stomping her foot to assert dominance "You leave me here all the time, you come home drunk, I see randomly hickeys on your body that I KNOW are not from me. Just tell me! Why are you doing this to me?" she raised her voice, her voice starting to crack. 

His face scrunched up in pain, "Minhee.... please..." he walked towards the distraught girl, "Please, don't hate me".

Tears brimmed her eyes immediately. She knew he was going to drop the bomb on her right now and she didn't know if she could handle the love of her life say those words to her. As much as she was expecting them, and thought she was ready for them, she wasn't. 

"I know you're cheating on me, Yoongi."

"I'm sorry" was the only thing that left his mouth.

Her jaw shook and tears dripped down her face, "I'm sorry that I am not good enough for you. I gave you everything I possibly could. What does she have that I don't? What do I need to change about myself so that you'll stay with me?" she sobbed. 

The pained expression his face wore broke her down. "TELL ME!! What am I lacking? Am I getting ugly? Should I get plastic surgery? Did I become fat over time? Should I wear more makeup? Is my cooking-" she ranted on before Yoongi grabbed her by her shoulders.

Tears dripped down his face as he watched his wife kill herself on the inside, "Minhee, you're beautiful. You're stunning, trust me! I wouldn't change anything about you!".

"Then why are you doing this? Why do you hate me?" she cried and pushed him away from her. However, he clung onto her tighter-refusing to let go as he began sobbing. 

"Minhee, I like men".

It seemed like time froze around her and the only thing she could manage to whisper is "huh?".

At this point, he was hysterically crying and clinging to her small body, "I am so so sorry, Minhee. I can't hide it anymore. I can't do it. I'm gay!"

She reached up and hugged her husband tightly as he soaked her shirt with his tears. "I.....Why?.... All this time?" she stammered out.

"Please don't hate me! Please Minhee!" he hollered into her neck, "I was so scared!"

That had completely broke her heart. He was terrified to tell her and break her heart, and possibly ruin everything they had established together. They had a strong connection and a relationship that was so trustworthy and pure, but he was still afraid to let her know the most personal thing about himself. She began to wonder if she was a terrible person on in the inside that he couldn't even entrust the most precious and secretive fact about himself to her. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" she whispered. "I didn't know how to" he wiped his tears with his shirt sleeve".

"Why did you marry me then? You should have broke up with me!"

"Because I truly do love you, Minhee. And we spent so much time together and I was afraid to ruin our friendship and cause you to hate me." he began to cry again, his nose was so bright red and tears came out of his eyes like a faucet, "No matter the situation now, you're.... you're gonna hate me because I broke your heart and wasted all these years together because I'm a coward".

At this point his body collapsed to the ground and Minhee followed, still hugging her husband.

"Korea doesn't accept gay couples or gay marriage yet. I didn't know what to do. I was afraid I was gonna be shunned and I made the decision to be with you because you are still the best thing in my life, and now I hurt you so much and I can't even begin to tell you how truly sorry I am".

 

Her face scrunched and she pushed him away from her and stood up, "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!" she hollered, "You know I would have accepted you no matter what! I would have done EVERYTHING in my power to help you!" she shouted, hot tears streaming down her face.

Yoongi cried out her name as he held his face in his hands. It felt like his world was shattering.

"All the years and you could have just broke up with me.... all this time just wasted" she let out a long sigh and rubbed her eyes harshly. 

"If there is anything I can do to repay you, please tell me" he whispered as he stared up at her on his knees, practically begging her. She frowned, "There is nothing more you can do for me".

 

There was a long moment of silence where they both just took a minute to process everything that had taken place. 

"I guess that explains why you never wanted to touch me" she whispered, "And always avoided the topic of having a child together".

"I know you want a baby, really bad. If that is what you want, I will give you one- as repayment. Please".

"You're not even attracted to me. It wouldn't be fair to force you to have with me for my own benefit while you just suffer through the process. And it wouldn't be fair to the child either".

"If that is what you want. I will do anything. I would be the best father to the child, because it would be OUR child. Minhee, please"

"Just live your life how you want now, make the best of it. Live happily with someone you love".

"I want you to know that I do love you though" tears streamed down his face again. 

He knew how much this was killing her on the inside. This was everything he wanted to avoid. He knew that she felt worthless and unloved, even when they were dating, she always wondered what she could do to change herself to please him and those around her. There was a moment when her and the BTS crew had gone on a trip and he overheard her talking to RM about her feelings for him. "How do I give the moon to someone who already has the universe?".

He wanted to give her the moon, the stars, and the universe- but all this time, he gave her a meteor that just kept crashing into her Earth. He loved her, for her. But that emptiness in his heart was never filled until he met this man who just seemed to patch it up.

Minhee was always there for him. She was the perfect girl for anyone. Bright, beautiful, talented, kind, and gentle. She was a jack of all trades, but most importantly, she was his family. It pained him to see her crumble right under his fingertips. He was going to lose the most precious person in his life and he couldn't stand it.

 

"I think I will stay at a friends house for the night" she broke him out of his deep thoughts. She collected a few things and packed it in a bag.

Yoongi holding onto her leg with whats left of his strength and is screaming at her not to leave, and for her not to hate him. "I'm begging you, I don't want to lose you".

She wiped her face dry of tears and bent down to eye level with the hysterical boy.

"Let me make one thing clear, Min Yoongi. I would NEVER hate you. NEVER. Do you understand me? I accept you for you, for who you are. You like men, there is nothing I can do or say that can change that. If you had told me you wanted to get married to fool the government so you could see men as a cover, or have a boyfriend move in- I would have done so. I would have married you so that you could be happy. I would have done that because its YOU." she poked his chest. "I love you. I love you so much it hurts, and I will probably always love you. I just can't stay here for the night. I just some air and to clear my head, okay?" She let out a smile.

"I love you, I promise you I do". he sobbed into her hands.

She gave him a kiss on the lips for the last time and wiped the tears off his face.

"And I love you too. Always. So trust me when I tell you that we will figure this out, okay? Just give me some time to straighten out my thoughts and to collect myself. I will come back tomorrow morning, and we will figure something out. Only under one condition though" she smiled as she his cheek.

He stared at her smiling face and questioned the condition.

"You have to introduce me to the boy who stole my husband away from me".

Yoongi let out a half sob- half laugh. "Deal" he breathed out.

 

 Minhee left the apartment, and the moment she got across the street to the park, she cried for almost an hour straight. She wanted to let out everything she possibly could and anything that could possibly be bottled up inside. It was going to be hard not to continue to love that boy, but she had to support him. Not only as a wife, but as his best friend. He was so scared of her reaction and she did her best not to let her emotions consume her and hurt him anymore than he was already feeling. She wanted him to know everything was going to be alright. 

She was going to love and support him, no matter what.

Always