Can't Keep my Eyes off of you

Because of You.

Irene stared at the boy bowing and holding flowers out for her. His eyes were shut tight, a flutter of hope in his heart. But that hope was shattered. Irene had walked away right after he presented them. ₩10,000 down the drain. Left there crying.

This was Irene's daily routine. Get a love confession, go to the meeting place, get asked out, reject. She's been getting attention since her first year. In the beginning, she wasn't used to this. But after a few months, she's gotten used to the attention.

She's never had anyone not at least have a glance at her. But then she met Yeri. They hadn't had a single class together but this 3rd year. They were chosen to sit next to each other.

Irene who usually looked and listened to the teacher, had a strange attraction to Yeri and couldn't stop staring. Yeri did not gaze or even side glance at her. The guys and girls were whispering when the teacher's back was turned.

"If I were right next to Irene, I'd stare at her all day long..." A boy had said. His eyes had clear hearts in them.

"She's so pretty! I envy her." A girl whispered to her classmate, only to be shushed by the teacher.


Class dismissed and Irene had walked with Yeri to the next class. It had been a quiet walk till Yeri spoke.

"Why have you been staring at me during class?" She asked her, a hint of annoyance was heard.

"Sorry, couldn't help but become captivated by your beauty." She flirted with her, only to score a scoff.

"You're ridiculous. All great Irene, calling me a 'beauty'." She said, using her fingers to emphasize beauty.

"It's true, and I'm not one to lie. Consider yourself lucky." She winked at her. Someone who was next to them glared at Yeri. Yeri rolled her eyes at the person's gesture.

Irene and Yeri reached their next class and were placed near eachother as well. Thus, allowing Irene to stare at Yeri for the whole class time again. This time, Yeri stared at her, but with a stop-looking-at-me look. Irene smirked at her and focused on the teacher.

Irene though, kept glancing at the straight-postured Yeri.

Time passed by and lunch came. This was the time to sit alone with Yeri and get to know each other.

Irene had a bento box with gimpab and fried tofu. Yeri had sushi. They were sitting together under a tree. Yeri on the left, Irene on the right.

"Irene, why are you here?" Yeri asked. Finally looking straight at Irene.

"I just wanted to sit here." Irene scooted closer to Yeri, touching her pinkie with hers. This made Yeri blush and freeze. Yeri immediately grabbed her chopsticks and stuffed a piece of sashimi in . Irene giggled and bit a piece of her fried tofu.

"How come I've never seen you in any of my classes? Or... Anywhere, actually." Irene thought aloud.

"Well, we've never been in each others classes. Till now. And also, I'm mostly in the library where no one can bother me." She replied coolly. 

"Well, thanks for telling me." Irene was thinking naughtily when she heard 'library'.

By the looks on Yeri's face, she did not mean to say where she hung out most of the time.

"Anyway, why do you keep staring at me in class?" Yeri asked. Irene leaned her head on the tree. 

"I guess I'm just attracted to you." She replied. Yeri turned a bit pink.

"What nonsense." Yeri retorted.

"It makes sense to me." They both noticed how close their heads were when they finished their lunch. They stared at each other for a while when they were interrupted by the bell. They cleaned up their lunch and walked together to the next class.

They were very close to each other. Sometimes their arms brushed making Yeri blush a bit, but Irene paid no attention.

As they got into the classroom, they were chosen to sit next to each other. Again. Yeri had trouble concentrating as Irene's stares were making her uncomfortable. This continued on till the class was over. 

Break time.

This was when Yeri bolted out of the classroom leaving without Irene. She power-walked into a classroom with other boys and girls. This was Photography Club. Yeri sat down on a desk, head in palms. She scratched her head in frustration when a girl came up to her.

"Yah, Kim Yerim, why are you attacking your own head?" The girl said, hands on her hips. A boy wrapped his arm around her shoulders and said,

"Yah, Kim Yerim, stealing my girlfriend?" The boy said. Joy gave him a glare but then kissed him on the cheek.

"Joy, first of all, none of your business. Second of all, Taehyung, not interested." Yeri groaned and looked up at them.

"But interested in the school belle aren't you?" Taehyung said, a smirk forming on his lips and Joys'.

"What?" Yeri said, flabbergasted.

"Someone caught you kissing Irene~" He said pointing to the students huddling over a desk.

Yeri jumped off her seat and darted toward the crowd, pushing them aside to see her. Seulgi hid the picture to her chest when she saw me. Looking at me with a sly smirk on her lips.

"The one and only Bae Joohyun, kissing a lowlife like you?" She covered and gasped. 

"Give it here," Yeri reached her hand out, waiting for her to place the small printed picture in her hand.

"Okay." She placed the picture in her hand. Yeri looked at it and her jaw dropped.

"This is a misunderstanding..." The picture was them at an angle to make it seem like they were kissing. This was when they were sitting next to each other during lunch under the tree, quite close next to each other.

"Doesn't look like it. Oh, and keep the picture." She added.

"What do you mean..?" She looked at her with worry and anxiety in her eyes.

The girl brought her phone out, typing something. When Seulgi showed it to the poor girl who almost fainted but only widened her eyes.

"D-Delete that!" Yeri begged, reaching for the phone. Seulgi quickly moved her arm from Yeri's reach. 

"Too bad!" She shouted, putting her phone in her pocket.

Seulgi and some others left, glaring and cursing at Yeri.

She slumped into a nearby chair, speechless. Taehyung and Joy sat on a desk in front of her. 

"At least you're dating the school belle. You're lucky." Yeri looked up at her with the same shocked face she had with Seulgi.

"Y-You think I'm dating her?" She said with a hint of disbelief and disgust.

"Uh- Yeah." They both answered at the same time.

"That obsessed woman? Me, dating her?" Yeri answered standing up. "Pfft. What a joke. I despise that stalking woman." She said coolly, walking backwards out of the classroom. At least almost. She bumped into a soft wall. She immediately turned around to see what she walked into. She looked straight into the eyes of the ice queen herself. Yeri chuckled in embarrasment.

"H-How long have you been standing there?" She asked.

"The whole time." Irene was leaning into the door frame, crossing her arms and blocking Yeri's way. Though, Irene let Joy and Taehyung out. "Am I an obsessed stalker?" She stared at Yeri. You couldn't tell whether she was sad, mad, or whatever. 

"N-"

"So what were those words?" Irene took a step closer, putting her hands in her pocket of her jeans. Yeri stepped back as well.

"They didn't mean anything..." She replied looking down. Irene turned and leaned to close the door, locking it as well. She also moved to close the blinds of the Photography club room. Yeri was about to escape when Irene blocked her. She made Yeri walk into the table again.

"They didn't mean anything huh?" She stared at Yeri in the dim room. "Now, please, answer me honestly. Am I, obsessed?" She asked, staying still.

"No..." Yeri looked at her, scared.

"Am I a stalker?" 

"No..."

"Who am I obsessed with?" Irene stepped even closer to Yeri. As she tried to move back, she only stayed there, but putting her hands on the desk. The bell rang, but Irene didn't move.

"Irene, we need to go..." Yeri changed the subject. It didn't work.

"Who am I obsessed with?" Irene leaned toward her, their faces an inch away.

"Me?" Yeri guessed.

Irene pressed their bodies against each other and whispered into Yeri's ear.

"Want me to be?" Yeri shivered as her face turned scarlet. Irene pressed against Yeri more, making Yeri whimper-moan. Yeri tried to push Irene away, only to make Irene grab her hands and pin them to the desk. Irene kissed her bare neck leaving dark red lip stains on her neck. Yeri whimpered as Irene kissed her neck. When she was finished, Irene moved back. She chuckled and held her forearm.

"That was too much. I got carried away. Lets go." Irene unlocked the door and opened the blinds. Irene lagged behind.

Yeri entered the classroom to recieve multiple gasps and widened eyes. She walked in, not knowing why they were staring. Irene came in and sat down next to Yeri again. Fortunately, Irene steered the attention away from Yeri to herself in a matter of seconds. 

When class was dismissed, Taehyung and Joy, who were in our class, came running toward her.

"Yah, Kim Yerim, who gave you those?" Taehyung and Joy said in sync.

"What do you mean?" Yeri chuckled nervously.

"Girl, you need a mirror." Joy pointed to the girls bathroom near the classroom. Yeri jogged to the girls restroom and looked at the mirror. 

. She saw the lipstick stains and aswell as Seulgi.

"Wow, who gave you those?" Seulgi asked, pointing at the numerous marks around her neck and jaw. Yeri turned a bright shade of red.

She ran out of the bathroom and raced to find Irene. 

Yeri found her walking to the next class. She zoomed to catch Irene before she entered, and luckily, she made it. She dragged Irene to an empty corridor.

"Now who's obsessed? Came back for more, did you?" She smirked.

"No, I came to tell your erted to stop bothering me!" She retorted.

"Who enjoyed the moment? You!" Irene said defensively.

"No I didn't!"

"Then why'd you stay still and let me do that?" Irene crossed her arms.

"I-I tried!" Yeri said, her face heating up and colored red.

"Then gave up!" 

"W-Well... You basically molested me!" Yeri shouted at her.

"Yeah sure, but it doesn't really count if you enjoyed it, does it?" Irene asked, making Yeri even more red than she already was.

"D-Did not!" 

"Then say I hated it, without, stuttering." Irene challenged Yeri.

"I h-hate it!" Yeri struggled to say.

"No stuttering~" She waved her finger side-to-side.

"I-I hate it!" Yeri struggled again.

"You don't hate it don't you."

Yeri stayed quiet. She walked away with her head down, blushing extremely.

This time, Irene and Yeri were placed farther away than each other. They immediately obeyed the teacher's decision, glaring at each other as they went. Irene was in the front and Yeri was in the back. For some reason, her eyes kept drifting off to Irene. Even if Yeri tried, she couldn't stop staring.

 

I can't keep my eyes off of you...

 

----------xxxxXxxxx----------

A/N: 

Steam in the first chapterr

Be gladd

Be safee

Be Yerenee

Status:

Edited