Day - 3

From Above
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already 6 a.m. when Mina woke up from Yujin's bed. She looked at the little girl who hugged her tightly like she didn't want Mina to go. But she needed to go. The bathroom's door called her.

 

Once she left the bathroom, Mina walked toward the kitchen. She had planned that she wanted to cook something for Mrs. Kim's family as a gratitude for letting Yujin stayed at their place for hours yesterday. Well she didn't have other thing to do anyway.

 

"Ok, let's see what we have here." she said to herself while looking for the ingredients.

 

Mina was busy searching inside the fridge, till she didn't realize someone walked closer to her.

 

"Mom..." it's Yujin, "what are you doing?"

 

"Oh, Yujin, you woke up already."

 

"Um." she answered, her eyes barely open like the dog plushie she's hugging.

 

"I want to cook for Mrs. Kim's family."

 

"You do???" suddenly Yujin opened her eyes, and her imaginary tail wiggled.

 

"Yes, we have to thank them for letting you stayed with them." Mina saw Yujin's bright eyes, "you're happy with that?"

 

"Yes! Let's say thank you!"

 

"But Yujin-ah. I guess we don't have any ingredients left."

 

"Let's buy!"

 

Mina giggled while looking at how bright Yujin was in early morning, "ok, let's get ready!"

 

"But Mom..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"How about mama?"

 

Oh. She forgot to apologize. Maybe later.

 

"She's still sleeping. Maybe she's too tired. Let her sleep, ok?"

 

"Ok!" then Yujin ran to her room, "I'll change fast!"

 

Mina's smiling at her, "this kid."

 

 

"So, Yujin, do you know Minjoo's favourite food?"

 

Instead of answering, Yujin looked down as if she's sad.

 

"Hey, is there something bothering you?" Mina asked again with concern while her palm was petting Yujin's hair.

 

"Yujin...Yujin don't know what Minjoo unnie's favourite food..."

 

Mina's smiling at her cuteness, "Yujin-ah, it's ok, we'll cook something delicious so she'll like it!"

 

Those words were enough to make Yujin's head up again, "um!"

 

After half an hour grabbed whatever they needed, they waited in line to pay.

 

"Oh, mom, wait!"

 

Yujin then ran somewhere, in a minute later she's back. And put something in the basket.

 

"What's that, Yujin?"

 

"Umm...gummy bears and apple juice."

 

"Oh, you want it?"

 

"No. It's for Minjoo unnie. She loves bringing these to school."

 

"Aww how sweet you are." both smiled at each other, "you know her favourite, Yujin-ah..."

 

 

Mina's busy cooking. Bulgogi and dumplings. And Yujin gave her little helps here and there like preparing the utensils.

 

When they had finished cooking, Mina wondered why Nayeon hadn't been out from the bedroom yet. It's 7.30 a.m. already. "Is she mad at me?"

 

"Yujin-ah, would you wake mama up for me?" asked Mina while preparing the food.

 

"Ok mom!" then Yujin ran to her parents' bedroom. "Yujin likes running a lot, huh?" Mina giggled.

 

 

"Mama wake up!"

 

Yujin got no response.

 

She climbed up to the bed, and jumping, "Mamaa wake uup!"

 

"Uh?" finally Nayeon woke up, but still didn't move, eyes closed.

 

Yujin thought another way. She climbed on...Nayeon. She sat on her stomach. Then jumping like a frog.

 

"Maamaaaaa wake uuuuup!!! We have to gooooo!!!" she shouted out loud.

 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I woke up! I woke up!" Nayeon woke up, sat so straight in fast speed, as if she just had a nightmare.

 

Then she looked at her little naughty daughter who now sat on her lap because of her sudden move.

 

"Yujin-ah..."

 

"Morning, mama." Yujin's giving her signature smile, showing her dimples.

 

"Come here you little brat!" in no time, Nayeon tackled Yujin on the bed. Like she's doing a wrestling.

 

"Aaaaaaaah mamaaaa let me goo! Mooom..." Yujin asked for a help.

 

"No no, you deserve this." now Nayeon tickled Yujin's small tummy.

 

"Ahahaa ahahaha ahahah...mamaaa stop!"

 

They're so loud, maybe their neighbours could hear. They didn't even know that there's a person taking a peek behind the open door.

 

Mina didn't enter the room even she already heard Yujin called her for help. She just stood there, watching them from distant. It's such a lovely moment.

 

"Mom...I miss you..."

 

It's been months after her mother died. And God had funny way to give Mina a new 'family'. But then, one day later, she would back to her real life.

 

"Mamaaaaa you should be ready...." Yujin's whining brought Mina back from her thoughts.

 

"Where?" finally Nayeon stop whatever she's doing to Yujin.

 

"Mrs. Kim!" now Yujin embraced her neck.

 

"Why?"

 

"Mom told me we must say thanks to them for taking care of me!"

 

"Eeeey...it's for them or it's for you?" now Nayeon little daughter, smirking, "you want to meet Minjoo again, huh?"

 

"It's mom's idea!!! N-not for Yujin." she's hiding her face on Nayeon's neck.

 

"Hahaha, ok ok, I believe you." Nayeon knew she's probably blushing, "ok let's get ready! Mom is waiting!"

 

"Yep! Yep!"

 

It's a cue for Mina to run away before they knew she's there watching them.

 

 

"Oh, so your wife only comes home in weekend, Mrs. Kim?"

 

"Yes. And just call me Jiyeon. We're almost in a same age anyway." she's chuckling.

 

They're now having a picnic at city park. When Yujin knocked at Kim's door, Minjoo and her mom was ready to go outside. They asked them to join. So here they're enjoying Sunday morning together.

 

"But it's weekend now, where is she? Hyunjung?" now it's Nayeon who asked while munching a dumpling.

 

"Nayeon! It's for them!" Mina shouting in whisper while slapping Nayeon's arm.

 

Nayeon whispered back, "Sorry! I'm hungry!"

 

"Hahaha, it's ok." Jiyeon heard it, "well, she suddenly has something urgent, she can't come home. Minjoo is sad, that's why I took her here."

 

"Ah...I see..." Nayeon swallowed her food, "It must be so hard for you...you can take Minjoo to our place if you want to take a rest for awhile. She loves to play with Yujin too."

 

"Thank you." Jiyeon smiled at how they welcomed Minjoo well.

 

Nayeon then looked around, "Wait. Where's Yujin?"

 

"I saw her with Minjoo to that playground." Mina said as her index finger pointing at nearby playground.

 

Jiyeon looked at the direction too, "Ah that's them, on sandbox."

 

 

"What are you making, Minjoo unnie?" Yujin was squatting beside her.

 

"This? Uumm...I'm making a castle."

 

"Castle?"

 

"Yes. It's where a princess lives. A beautiful princess."

 

"A beautiful princess? Alone?"

 

"Yeah, she's alone, she's waiting her prince to come!"

 

"Me! Me! Yujin want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter