Ch. 33 - Hello

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun couldn't believe Kim Ahyoung was standing in front of him. She was still taller, no as skinny as she'd been a teenager, she was pretty as always with her lips that curved in beautiful and her brown eyes still sparked with gold when looked at him, and she was clearly feeling both of those emotions, just as he was.

"You, Kim Ahyoung..." It's just automatically come out from his mouth. The eyes of her shaking in confusion. "What are you doing here?" It's like she wasn't prepared at that moment.

He was in bewildered. "I was invited by your father."

"..."

They just stared at each other. There was happiness in their eyes as well as awkwardness. They really don't know what to say, they couldn't find words. 

"Kim Yura?!" Ahjumma Han was breaking the ice between them. She was standing in the steps, looked at Sehun in confusion. "Who are you?"

"I—"

"I am here," Ahyoung replied to divert ahjumma from asking him. 

Ahjumma Han goes upstairs after heard her there.

"Oh, dear...." She gave Ahyoung a real look. "I looked for you everywhere."

Ahyoung stop the song and took the cellphone from the table. "I just went around." 

"You better hurry back because it will start soon." 

Ahjumma Han turned around to walk down the stairs. Ahyoung and Sehun were staring at each other for a moment. There was a longing in their eyes. "Kim Yura?" Ahjumma Han woke her up. "Oh, yes." Ahyoung started walking with eyes on him. "Long time no see, Oh Sehun." 

When she passed his shoulder, he was turned quick to asked her. "So.." The words stop when she looked back at him like he was paralyzed. She was waiting for his words, "...you change your name?" He asked quickly.

"That's just a name for me when in New York." She stopped to answer him. "Everyone loves to call me by that name now."

He gave her an understanding looks as she seems held back the words on her lips and instead she was giving him a little smile, and went down the stairs, leaving him blankly. 

Before he went down, he looked at the corner of the room where they kissed. He remembers it so well, that night for the first time he spilled his desire of her.


All the guests gathered in the spacious living room, staring at the beautiful prime minister's daughter in her peach suit. 

"Why are you staring at her like that." Mr. Yoon suddenly stood next to him. "I don't think you're interested in beautiful women."

Sehun ignored him and thousands of questions in his mind as staring at her. Nara who was there noticed that too, the way Sehun looked at her was softened and thoughtful. After introducing his daughter in front of everyone and have a sweet talk about her, he brought them one by one to everyone there. He couldn't take her eyes from her, he watched every gestures and expression of her. All the young men there looked fascinated by her, it shows in the way they talk to her like they want to know her more closely, and Kim Ahyoung that he knew would respond to them without hesitation but she seemed indifferent, she refused politely to the man who asked her number or even linger on their chat.

Until finally, it was his turn. She walked towards his place, their gaze was met like there were a thousand words that held back. "This is my daughter, Kim Yura." The Prime minister introduced her. Ahyoung greeted him politely by bowing, "Nice to meet you."

"He is the head of the Seoul Police Agency." 

Ahyoung just smiled. "I didn't know you had a very beautiful daughter." Mr. Kwon sincerely praised and gestured to Nara. "Oh, this is my daughter, Nara. She's the same age as you, I think you two can be good friends."

Nara smiled. "I heard you had been long in New York . Seoul might be a little strange, I can accompany you around."

"Thanks." 

"Oh, then..." Mr. Kwon gestures at Sehun and Mr. Yoon. Ahyoung smiled, "I know them."

Mr. Kwon nodded. "Right, those who take you home."

In the middle of the conversation, the two stole mutual glances. "Can you stop looking at each other and just take her then get out?" Mr. Yoon whispered to Sehun.

"Mayor..." Prime minister greets Mr. Song who walked inside with his son. Sehun turned back and looked at Mino was there. It's not surprising, everyone knows the son of Mayor. 

Sehun noticed how Ahyoung didn't look at them at all even when she greeted, she forced her smile. 

The whole rumor about them means that it doesn't surprise him because Sehun remembers that their family was indeed quite close. But, he never knew what happened actually, and he never knew that daughter was Kim Ahyoung. So, what cases involve them?

The party was not closed with fanfare but slowly the guests took leave. Sehun didn't see Ahyoung again during dinner, and he felt stuffy inside, so he walked to the yard and lit his cigarette. He leaned against the car and looked at the house with a wider angle. It does not take long to spend one cigarette, Sehun put the stub in a pack of cigarettes then took another cigarette. Then, she was there, walked towards him with that smile. He put back his cigarettes with his eyes still on her. 

"Do you smoke now?" That was the first question in their second chat after the warehouse.

He raised his pack of cigarettes then slide it to his pocket. "Yes, just like you see."

They look at each other enchantingly. "You really are a police officer now." She began again.

"Ng."

She was nodded with understanding like don't know what to say when her minds had running so many questions. 

"You alone?" It just came out from his mouth when he thought maybe she was dating someone because she never no had a boyfriend back then.

She raised her eyebrows in questioning. 

He wet his lips, smirking to himself who looks stupid in front of her. "I-I mean, you walk here alone." He said it firmly.

She held back her funny smile, "Yeah, I am alone. Of course-" 

"So, are you an architect now?" He switched the chat fastly and he just remembered the time Mr. Yoon told him that the daughter of prime minister took a law major.

Her lips parted, hesitant to answer the question. "No." Finally, she said it. "I think I was meant to lose to my parents." She added with shrugged.

But, he could see her sadness when he asked about that. When talking, their eyes speak differently from their deepest minds. In silence, they're held their breath. Before their heart explodes over from nervousness, Mr. Yoon, Nara, and Mr. Kwon came, safe the weird atmosphere.

Ahyoung was smiled at them. "Are you all going home?" 

Mr. Kwon nodded. "Yes, thank you for the warm welcoming."

"Thank you for coming too."

"Then, we'll go first." Mr. Kwon got in the car. Nara smiled at Ahyoung and turned at Sehun, "Hey, let's hanging around later."

Sehun just gave her a nod. "You promised," Nara said as going to touch his hair but he held her hand to stop her. "I don't like someone touch my hair."

Nara pulled out her hand in upset. "You..."

"I know, I promised."

Ahyoung looked both at them intently. The way Nara talked to him, Ahyoung knows that she was like him and the rose on her cheek when he said gently to her like blossoming her world.

"I'll go." Nara went inside the car with a bright smile. 

Mr. Yoon and Sehun were a bow to Mr. Kwon that inside the car. As their car leaves, they're turned back at Ahyoung. "We'll go too." Mr. Yoon said.

Ahyoung nodded with smiled and then she exchanged glances with Sehun. "Nice to meet you again." 

Sehun didn't reply, Mr. Yoon pushed him to get in the car quickly. "What are you doing? Let's go"

"Take care." Ahyoung looked at him for a moment then turned around to walk towards her home. 

Sehun lowered his eyes then walked towards the car, Mr. Yoon already sat on the passenger seat, waiting for Sehun to get in the car. When Sehun opens the door, he was closed it again and walked towards Yura that made Mr. Yoon called him out. 

"Hey...hey, where are you going?"

"Hey...you," Sehun start running slow down and stop behind her as Ahyoung twisted around and looked over at him with questions. He rubbed his thigh in nervous, "C-can I have your number?" He thought he would be out of breath after looking at the way she looks at him.

He rushed took his phone from his pocket and gestured it towards her but pulled back it again. "You know," He put the other hand inside the pocket. "Actually, I sent a letter to your address that you giving to me." When he looked at how confused she was, he added. "That was a long time ago. You might forget, like five or seven years ago I guess..." He tilted his head like unsure. "Well, I did not get any reply." He shrugged.

She opened but he continues talking again, fastly. "Oh, and I went to New York for training 2 years ago. I went to your address but you weren't there. I know it's weird to tell you like this on the first day we just meet again after so many years..." He was bit the inside of his bottom lip. "...It's not the first actually. We just met in New York." 

She looked at him attentively, she doesn't know that he could talk much now. Sehun was lifting an eyebrow to let her know that he was waiting for the answer. She blinked, realized she had been staring at him for a long. 

"I don't have a phone." 

Sehun's mouth drop. "Do you—what—" He was sure she was listening to the song from her cellphone.

Ahyoung gave a little laugh when he seems thought she was kidding. "It was my mother's second cellphone, I just borrowed it. My cellphone was broken while in New York and was being repaired because I was arrested to go home to Seoul, so I couldn't take my cellphone back. And, about the letter—" She was chewing her lips, "I have never received any letter in your name and two years ago I had indeed moved."

Slowly Sehun said in disappoinment, "That's okay then, I-I can get it later." He was sliding back his phone to the pocket.

"Okay." She agreed. 

"Okay." He repeated her words. 

Mr. Yoon called out of him, breaking his gaze at her.

"I'll go." He walked backward and suddenly back to her again. "How if I gave you my number. You can let me know when you get a new phone." He said the idea with a twinkle in his eyes.

Before she could answer, he ran to the car and looking for pens and paper. "Why? What are you looking for? Let's go." Mr. Yoon saw him open the compartment and then looked into the back of the car seat. "What are you looking for?" Mr. Yoon gave him a dirty looked now.

"Do you have a pen and paper?"

"For what?"

"Just give them to me." 

Mr. Yoon rolls his eyes and takes the small book from his pocket with the pen that was stuck there.

"Can we just leave right now? I have many things to do." He said firmly.

"Okay. Wait-" Sehun ran back to Yura. "I will write my number here." He wrote down his phone number then tore the paper. "Oh," He was writing again on that piece of paper. "I write my email and office number too if possible I am not with my cellphone." He handed the paper to her. "Should I write my address too?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter