Two

Extraordinary You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry I was so busy with uni, but I’m on break now so I will try to update my stories! Be safe everyone and let’s wait seulrene’s debut with patience 😊

Don't forget to check my other stories!

“Well, I heard a juicy rumor today.” her best friend states as she sits down on the table.

It’s funny for someone who claims that she doesn’t like to get in other people’s business, Sooyoung indeed loves gossips. She always makes sure updating Joohyun the current hot topics in school since her introvert-self doesn’t really pay attention to her surroundings.

“What rumor?” Joohyun muffling out, since is stuffed with waffles.

“People are saying that Park Bogum asked you out.” she looks at her with her eyebrows arching as she sips the straw of her orange juice.

“What do you mean people?” her eyes widening in terror, “Who are they?”

“Oh, just random girls from the bathroom.” Sooyoung says it casually, “So, is it true then?”

There is no point in lying now, Joohyun just nodding her head slowly. “See! I knew that he has a crush on you. I’m happy you’re finally going on a date.”

A rosy blush creeping up on her cheeks, “It’s not a date. I’m just his plus one.”

“For what?” her friend confused.

“Joohyuk’s birthday party…” she replies lowly.

“That ! He didn’t even invite me!” she scoffs, “Did you agree to go out with him?”

“I’m still thinking about it.” Joohyun says, putting her waffles down. “I asked him why he didn’t ask you instead, and he said ‘ew! She’s not my type’ I still can’t believe it.” she recalls.

“What did he mean ‘ew’? Has he seen me?” Sooyoung slightly feels offended and glancing outside the window, “You know what? I’m coming with you.”

Joohyun blinks out, “Didn’t you say you weren’t invited?”

“Well…I’m Bogum’s plus two now.” she smirks with her arms folded.

“I don’t even know if I can make it. You know how my parents are.” Joohyun says as she looking down at her skirt.

“You can tell your parents we are going to have a science project together.” her friend gives an idea.

“That’s basically lying. I don’t want to lie.” she pouts.

“Then just be honest with them, oh my-”

She sighs, “Fine, I’ll let you know later.”

Easy for Sooyoung to say. Clearly, having strict parents can be a downer in life. It’s like every move Joohyun makes, they will judge her. Every decision she makes, they will make her change it. Especially her father, no doubt. But that’s what parents do right? To correct their children’s mistake, to make them be the best versions of themselves.

“Bae Joohyun please report to the principal’s office. I repeat, Bae Joohyun please report to the principal’s office.”

The speakers announce snapping Joohyun out of her thoughts. She clearly hears her name being called. She can’t help but feeling nervous. Is she in trouble?

“Oh ! What did you do?” Sooyoung panics.

“I uh I don’t know…” she says, feeling clueless before walks out the class and down towards the office.

Joohyun never got called to the principal’s office until now. As far as she remembers, she never did something against the school rules. She has the perfect straight A’s report card. Always submit assignments on time. She gets along with everyone much or less, well not exactly everyone but she doesn’t do anything wrong, does she? So, why now?

Once she steps inside the principal’s office, she notices a familiar figure is sitting in one of the chairs with arms folded looking pissed and Joohyun gets even more confused on why the person she wants to avoid the most is there. She’s totally doomed.

“Miss Bae, please have a seat.” The principal gesturing to the chair next to the emo girl, and she doesn’t even have a choice but nervously obeys.

“Did I do something wrong?” she begins to ask.

“No, you are not in trouble. No need to worry.” the older woman giving her a reassuring smile.

Joohyun lets out a breath, not even noticing she was holding it in, “Oh, thank Goodness.”

“However,” her heart stops, “Miss Kang over here is the one in a big trouble.”

She piercings her eyes meeting her gaze before she says, “I’m sorry, but what does her trouble have to do with me?”

“You see, Miss Kang has missed so many classes in a matter of fact her grades dropped harder than the beat…” she starts, “I’ve reached the conclusion that she needs to back on track and improve her grades.”

“How many times do I need to tell you? I don’t need anyone, especially-” Seulgi interrupts but the older woman shushing her comment.

“Mrs. Hwang are you implying that I will be…her tutor?” her mind is still trying to connect the dots.

She nods, “Yes, I am.”

“Wh-why me?” Joohyun asks.

“Her dad personally requested to find the best tutor and that would be you.” she explains.

“I- I can’t.” Joohyun suddenly freaks out.

“And why can’t you Miss Bae?” the principal furrows her eyebrows.

“I uh…that…” she obviously can’t tell the principal that they kissed, wait no Seulgi kissed her and she is trying to avoid her.

“Mhmm yeah, exactly.” the older woman says not even letting Joohyun to finish although she can’t say her excuse whatsoever.

“Mrs. Hwang…” she pleading.

“Please give this a try Miss Bae. It’s only until midterm or at least until she improves her grades to average.”

And what if she doesn’t improve? she thinks to herself.

“Besides, this can be good for your university application.” the principal adds.

Joohyun really doesn’t want this. Firstly, there is no way she spends her precious time tutoring this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter