One

Extraordinary You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S: English is not my first language, so if there are grammar mistakes please forgive me!

Never in million years Joohyun feels this way. She feels weird. Her cheeks are so warm as the sign of blushing. Her palms are sweaty, meaning she is nervous. She is not use to be staring at.

Did I have something on my face?
Did I wear too much make up?
Did I forget to brush my hair this afternoon?

So many unanswered questions inside her head.

Usually people don’t care about her. Joohyun always feels like she is invisible among the crowd. So, this is kinda weird when someone has been staring at her since she stepped in the room, and somehow makes her heart flutter.

“Hey Joohyun.” Sooyoung nudges her friend, “Do you know that Park Bogum is staring at you?” she whispers through her left ear quietly.

Joohyun closes her eyes as she gripping her dress until she ruins it. She exhales heavily, it’s such a relief that Sooyoung doesn’t know what’s inside her head, “I don't think he did.” she says nonchalantly.

“Nonsense!” the taller girl hisses. “He has been staring at you for God knows when.”

“No, he didn’t.” Joohyun denies. “He’s staring at you.” she says as she glances at everyone else who sit across her.

This person really stands out among them. Joohyun hates to admit that she looks extra hot today. She wears a biker leather jacket with a white t-shirt underneath that tucked into her ripped jeans, and of course a pair of Doc Martens. Her jet-black hair really matches with the green streaks on her bangs. She must dye it recently. Her school is very strict when it comes to rules, especially about dyeing hair. But she swears to God, this girl was born to break rules. Joohyun clearly can see two new piercings on her left ear, it feels like she is going through emo phase. Did she think it was a rock concert? She asks herself.

Her stares alternate between the gothic girl and Park Bogum. The time suddenly stops for awhile when her eyes meet a pair of beautiful monolid eyes. The girl then gives Joohyun a warm smile, a genuinely warm smile. Well that’s weird.

Of course, Joohyun doesn’t know how to act. Should she smile back? That’s what people normally do right? And there she is, gives the gothic girl an awkward smile and regretting five seconds later because the latter returns with a smirk. That goddamn smirk. Joohyun just rolls her eyes. Oh God, she hates this gothic girl so much. She can’t believe the way she acts right now is far different than the way she acted a week ago.

Her mind gets interrupted when Bogum who sits in front of the gothic girl waving his veiny hand at her. The sweet boy smiles at Joohyun, showing off his dimples. Her face is turning into red. She quickly turns her head avoiding his gaze, feeling uncomfortable. Sooyoung was right, what does he want?

“Why would he stare at me?” her best friend asks confusedly.

This is Park Bogum we’re talking about. Who doesn’t know him? He is the prince charming that everyone adores at her school. Smart, handsome, kind, and most importantly he is the president of the student council.

"Because you're the captain of the cheerios?" she assures her friend.

There are so many attractive girls at her school, including Sooyoung. Joohyun on the other hand is totally different from her. Sooyoung is very popular. She has this natural charm that makes everyone can’t take off their eyes from her and wants to be her friends. She is tall and very pretty. She has a pair of beautiful brown eyes and perfect lips. People often mistook her as a model, in fact Sooyoung doesn’t even have interest in modelling.

Meanwhile Joohyun is the typical of straight A student who wears a round glasses. She is an introvert, and only goes out when it’s necessary. She goes to the library just to study. She answers every question the teacher gives in the class. She likes anything that involves number and science. She loves to read thick books while drinking her latte coffee. Literally, nothing special about her. But why on earth Park Bogum suddenly paying attention to Joohyun?

“Your point?” Sooyoung asks.

Joohyun narrows her eyebrows, “Well, it’s simple. You guys are perfect for each other.” she says being honest, “The captain of the cheerleader and the president of the student council.” she continues.

Sometimes Joohyun questioning her friendship with Sooyoung. Everything about her best friend is so perfect from head to toe. She also has everything that Joohyun doesn’t have like friends, popularity, and boys who chasing after her. They have been friends since they were babies. It’s weird how Sooyoung doesn’t even care about what people say about them, despite having different personalities and lifestyles, she treats Joohyun like her own sister since she is the only child in the Park family.

“You know he is not my type.” the taller girl says as she starts pouting.

“Why?” Joohyun asks, thoughts running through her head, “He seems...sweet.”

“Exactly, I don’t like a sweet guy like him!” she mumbles.

“Who is your type then?” Joohyun motions for her to continue.

Sooyoung slightly smirks, “Junmyeon.”

Her eyes widening in shock as she quickly shakes her head, “You have a crush on my twin brother!?” Joohyun asks half-screaming.

Yes, she has a twin. Junmyeon is only twelve minutes older than Joohyun. Although they are identical twins, they are totally different. Junmyeon is more like the rebel one while Joohyun is basically the golden child. Sometimes he feels annoyed because their parents like to compare him about this and that with his twin sister, but he actually really cares for Joohyun.

“Did someone mention my name?” the said guy who sits in front of them turning his head.

“I did.” Sooyoung says and gives him a wink.

“Get lost Sooyoung.” Junmyeon says glaring at her.

His twin sister can’t help but laugh, “He hates you.” she whispers slowly.

“Oh, come on he is just shy!” Sooyoung teases.

When the wooden door suddenly opens, everyone is turning their head to see a well-built man in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter