V

Demon's Wrath

[MUSIC]

I was typing this chapter while listening to some instrumental music... And I fell in love with this one.

 

[EunBi's P.O.V.]

I touched my neck carefully, recalling that intense moment when Kwangmin strangled me yesterday. I decided to stay in the living room after having repetitive nightmares. I couldn't even sleep well last night and until now, it still hurts. Not only my neck, but my heart as well. I couldn't believe Kwangmin did that to me. I can't believe Kwangmin's different, and that a demon might have taken his memories away. Meaning, he doesn't love me anymore because he's forgotten about me. Yunho said that the demon probably ordered Kwangmin to kill me and he won't stop until I'm dead.

I shivered and quickly stood up. I can't just sit here and do nothing. I can't just wait for Yunho here and wait for Kwangmin to do stupid things again. I can't let my memories with Kwangmin just vanish like this.

I ran to the door and opened it. Yunho caught me again. He grabbed my arms with his wet bare hands and intense eyes at me. "Where are you going?" He scowled.

I gulped, slowly looking down at his half body, his chest exposed and his hair wet. I was frozen for a moment, until I realize what I was just staring at. Yunho's body. I hastily pulled my arms away from him and looked away, "I just want to get some air," I said and disappeared in a glimpse.

I don't care if he follows me. He'll have to change clothes before going out right? He won't find me. I'll be searching for the dark castle on my own, even if it's miles away. I can make it.

However, I stopped. I was in a crowded place now, but it's not that far away from the motel where I stayed with Yunho. I could run anytime and forget about his help, but I changed my mind. I stopped by a small market and looked around. I saw capes and towels. This time, someone else was on my mind.

Yunho needs something.

"Miss, would you like a cape? It would be perfect for you. You should buy one. Almost everyone wear capes, but I don't see you wearing one. Capes make ladies prettier." An old lady suggested.

I actually don't believe that capes would make ladies prettier, but then again, people have different opinions.

"I don't need one," I said and pointed at a robe instead, the dark red one. It looked like one of those modern but medieval-like robes I've seen back in my place. "I want that robe."

Yes, Yunho would need a robe not a small towel. "It can hide people's chest right? I'm having a big problem with my roommate who uses small towels and reveals his chest. So, I would like to take a look at that robe. May I?" I asked sarcastically.

The old lady laughed, "Well, of course, young lady." She handed me the robe and smiled, "your boyfriend must be so hot. He must be a vampire."

"Uhm," I looked at her then back at the robe. "No, he's not my boyfriend. No, he's not hot," I giggled, "and yes, he's a vampire. Almost everybody is a vampire here, right?" The old lady fell silent.

Well, maybe, I said something wrong. “I was just kidding. My roommate wishes he's a vampire." Quickly, I changed the subject. "I'm gonna take this. How much?"

After buying the robe that I wanted for Yunho, I wandered around this unfamiliar city until the sun went down. Yunho hadn't come to take me, so maybe, he's just lost. Or maybe, he doesn't have any intention to take me back and go search for the dark castle anymore. He probably left me.

"He can't go in the dark castle alone right?" I mumbled to myself and hugged the robe. "He can't leave me here," I sighed and thought about earlier again. Seeing his exposed chest like that really distracted me. "Shh... Be faithful to Kwangmin, EunBi. Yunho is just a lusty player who wants to help me find Kwangmin and that's all. Kwangmin, I'll save you... We'll get married... We'll have kids and..." I looked up at the clock tower unintentionally. "Oh, it's midnight already? Yunho's not here yet? Tsk. And I thought he was going to find me here."

I rushed at our motel room with a disappointed expression and suddenly dropped the robe I bought when I saw blood everywhere... "Oh God," I mumbled, looking around. "Yunho? Yunho?" I called out his name and searched for him everywhere. "Yunho?! Yunho!" I rushed into the kitchen and found him lying on the floor unconscious and... As pale as a dead corpse.

"Oh, no." I pulled out the silver knife that was stabbed near his heart and found no blood at all. I never expected that this is how vampires die---with a silver knife? But there's something weird though. In just seconds, Yunho's skin was slowly coming back to normal and his blood dripping rapidly from his wounded stomach. He grimaced.

He's alive.

I felt queasy staring at the puddle of blood. "Y-Yunho- A-are you okay?" I managed to ask in a panic tone. I was thinking that maybe Kwangmin did this again. I felt scared... I don't know what to do if all these things were done by Kwangmin. I don't know. I just quickly stood to get towel and stop the bleeding from Yunho's stomach, but Yunho pulled me down into a kiss.

Or should I say a message that requires lips to lips.

I was like, 'this can't be happening', but then again, it is happening.

Our lips touched, Yunho was trying to give me a message. I waited because I knew there's something he needs to show me. I waited to see Kwangmin in the images Yunho was unveiling.

But no, I was wrong.

It wasn't Kwangmin.

It was the demon.

"Tell your girlfriend to meet me in my castle, you can come if you want to guard her, and I really don't care. That little princess and I need a deep conversation so then I can present to Miss EunBi her killer ex-boyfriend. Jo Kwangmin." The female demon said smoothly. "I just wanna have fun with her and her ex-boyfriend and with her new boyfriend. That would be fun. Make her come, or I'll finish everyone. You know what I mean, right?" She whispered into his ears and dissolved reluctantly.

After pulling himself back, Yunho lost consciousness again. I was stiffened. It took some time before I recovered and helped Yunho get to bed. Today's been hectic. Today, I felt unfaithful. Today, I'm frightened.

Today, I just wanted to go back to that time when Kwangmin and I were still happy together.

I'm afraid that that kind of day won't come again. I'm afraid Kwangmin would try to kill me again, and maybe, finish me off with a slash on my head. I'm afraid I'd lose Yunho whose only trying to help me.

I'm afraid of the demon.

I'm afraid that I'm not strong enough.

* * *

I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes. I went straight to the bathroom and stared at my face with random thoughts on my mind. I thought of last night all of the sudden. That stupid message kiss. I can't believe he stole a kiss from me!

Actually...

"It ," I touched my bottom lip and recalled my first kiss with Yunho. "If Kwangmin finds out, he's gonna kill you." It was actually funny when I muttered ridiculous words by myself. I looked like a cartoon with eyebrows meeting closely. 

I was busy staring at nowhere when Yunho abruptly went inside the bathroom. We were both surprised, I even yelled at him and called him 'ert'. He hurried outside. That was really humiliating in my part. I wish he didn't notice me touching my lips and thinking about him...

Calm down, Eun Bi. Yunho is just nothing... It's always gonna be Kwangmin... I said on my mind.

I washed my face and followed him outside the bathroom; I crossed my arms and gave him a so-called-consuming stare.

"I didn't know you were there, sorry." He simply said and intended on going in the bathroom.

"What? That's all?"

"I'm not a ert. Trust me." He emphasized the word 'ert' with that hilarious expression on his face. As if he looked any innocent. I tried my best to keep from laughing and finally let out a laugh when he got inside the bathroom. I ceased laughing when someone knocked on the door.

"Stop laughing and open the door." I heard Yunho called. "I ordered some pizza for us."

"Pizza? Wow." I my lips excitedly and rushed to the door. Guess I'm really hungry. When I opened the door, I smiled at the man standing in front of me. However, when I saw his face, my smile faded away.