The Neverending Love

Heaven

Good day to all the readers....

It's been a long time I didn't write any story in this fanfic.

This time I wanna tell you the continuation of the story that I wrote before (the story in the previous page: The Shattering Love).

 

This is not a fanfic.

This is not an alternation from the true story.

This is the true story.

 

In the comment below, some of you had asked me about my friend (let's just call him W).

You guys asked, 'what happened to him after that?'

I'd answered that I don't know since I'd lost contact with him after that.

The last thing I heard from him was he was on a journey travelling around the world.

Well, I guess it's okay so that he can have the strength to live his life.

 

Two weeks ago, I got a call from a friend of mine, J.

J told me, W had an accident.

 

It was when he was in a small village at Florence.

A small road near a small cliff.

Out of nowhere.

His bike had broken down and hit a tree.

The people who found him in the morning said, he might spend a night there, on the cold ground, alone.

 

W has passed away.

 

Couple of days ago, we went to his house. I know W rarely returned home these passed years. He didn't even returned home in Christmas or New Year, but he still keep in touched with his family.

His mom greeted us with a smile.

She served us tea and some biscuit.

We talked a lot. About our respectives parents, about works, about political situations and even about cats.

After a while we stopped. It was a moment of silence. Nobody said anything.

 

Then, his mother brought out a box full of postcards. It has different types of pictures. The pictures all around the world.

It was all from W.

She said, W always used postcards to wrote something to his family.

He didn't used e-mail, Facebook or Twitter since sometimes, the place he went to, didn't have any access to internet.

He had long cancelled his phone service.

The last number is the number before he went to the journey, soul searching.

 

In his postcards, he told about his whereabout.

He told about the people he met and the place he went.

He told about his feeling at that moment.

A moment of happiness.

 

For some reason, I cried while reading his writing.

It's been a long time since I last heard from him. But then, I myself didn't get to say goodbye to him.

 

He is my lost friend.

He is my dear friend.

 

In one of his postcard he said,

'I can't even remembered how many days had passed since the first day I arrived here. Harajuku hidden garden makes me forgot the passage of time. L was right. Japan is a wonderworld. The flowers here are all shining brightly. They made us smile for no reason!

.....

But I'm sorry. I couldn't got back to who I was. I'm sorry I'm like this. If one day I'm finally able to return, I hope you can forgive me and still accept me as your son.'

 

We returned to our respectives home after that.

Then I remembered about the story that I wrote before about him in this website.

 

As I begin to touch the keyboard, thinking the words that I should say in this chapter, I couldn't help but crying again.

I don't know how many times I stopped until I get to this part.

 

The thing that sadden me the most is, why after these years, he didn't rely on us? He knew that we love him. But why he didn't give us the chance to help him, or even eased his mind even for a bit?

If only he asked, we will definitely help.

We will.

He is our sworn brothers.

Our brother!

 

But I know him the most.

He's the most prideful among us.

He never show his weak face to us.

All that he knows, he wants us to see his smiling face.

 

And that's why he left.

 

Because he couldn't smile anymore.

 

To those who read this, please......

Give a moment of silence to him.

 

We always forgot and take it for granted.

Until we lost it, then we realized its value.

But then, it's already too late.

Time has passed and never return.

We already lost it.

 

Now I know, even after many years passed, W still trapped in his past.

He had long drowned in his sorrow until he forgot who he was.

He couldn't forget that damn day.

That day when his heart died together with his beloved.

 

No one knew how he felt that night when the accident happened.

Is he regret? Is he still in sorrow? Or, is he finally able to smile?

 

All I know is that he's still in love with that girl.

Even if he is in the deepest part in his life, even his hands are tied and could do nothing,

all he can think is her. His heart still yearned for her.

She is his first and last love.

 

He is like Dante who lost Beatrice and was so affected by it that he carried his love throughout his life.

 

I hope you can rest in peace, my friend.