Late Realization

Those Three Little Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, humans do things impulsively, leading to lots and lots and lots of regrets. And it just happened that Hitomi did one. Not just a simple one, but a big one.

The pink-haired Japanese facepalmed, wondering how stupid she must be for doing it. Why did she pass a resignation letter out of jealousy? Hitomi wondered if her brain cells were slowly getting killed by the emotion she was so used to feeling.

Hitomi and Chaewon got married, and the company was lenient, given that both of them seemed professional in their work. However, given their work situations, Chaewon had to mingle with clients as a front-liner—her clients usually being young, beautiful, and single girls. Furthermore, her Korean significant other also had to procure and receive documents from other departments—the employees being women of the same caliber as well.

Hitomi facepalmed, wanting to scream at herself for being so impulsive; yet crave for the older woman's affection. A mental tug-of-war. Only that Hitomi's own enemy was none other than herself: her selfish self.

\\\

Hitomi was working in the same office, and yet, a different department, watching Chaewon in the corner of her eye. She knew Chaewon looked beautiful—elegant even—and compared to the selfish bread lover, Chaewon had a lot of secret admirers in the company, most of them being girls.

Before they started dating, she'd tease Chaewon about her secret admirers who would leave letters and chocolates and flowers in Chaewon's locker, but everything had changed after they started dating. At first, Hitomi felt fine—she even felt proud that her girlfriend was being appreciated as a ‘hottie’. But then, she started feeling several suffocating feelings—the very same feelings grew, making Hitomi somehow selfish and yet, not wanting to show them. After five years of dating and now marriage, she thought these feelings would be gone, but it just intensified for some reason.

And yeap, now, she is watching one of these juniors try to score one from Chaewon—again.

"Chaewon-sunbae, look!" Chaewon looked at the source of the intrusion, and it came from the newly hired employee. The newbie was cheerful, cute, and oh, young. The employee clung to one of Chaewon's arms, pulling her to newbie's desk. "Could you check my document?"

Chaewon smiled. "Oh. Sure."

Hitomi's cheeks ballooned, her insides wanting to separate Chaewon and the girl because the girl clung too close for comfort that Hitomi could see the girl's chest brushing against Chaewon’s arm. She wanted to tell them again and again that Chaewon is hers but couldn't; they were working after all. (Not to add the fact that Chaewon had previously expressed that she liked big s back when they still weren’t dating—their senior, Kwon Eunbi, being the unavoidable target of her eyes.)

'Why did she have to be that close to Chaewonnie? Why is Chaewonnie letting her do so? Is it necessary to be that close when you could have simply called her?' Hitomi's mind was filled with a large wall of text—a long essay rivaling that of an academic research paper, and she wanted it to be printed out and sent to the newbie, but Hitomi just sighed and went back to her work. Probably glare at Chaewon from time to time to show the brunette that she was not happy at all from seeing the girls giving the older the attention and skinship that Hitomi did not permit or ask for.

Chaewon was done proofreading the newbie's work when a woman from the nearby department submitted documents to the brunette, giving her winks and subtle touches on her arm afterwards—it was the belle of the office, Kim Minju.

Hitomi was surely fuming, and she wanted the girls away from her property—her Chaewonnie.

Lunch came and Hitomi went to Chaewon's desk, pulling her away from the newbies and co-workers.

“Chaewon-ah, let’s eat?” Hitomi was still smiling, but Chaewon could feel it—the hidden wrath behind Hitomi’s smile. Not only that, Hitomi rarely calls Chaewon as ‘Chaewon-ah’, and it’s usually when the girl was jealous or angry. Chaewon wasn’t sure what she did this time. Or maybe she knew, just that she did not really put any meaning behind it. The price of being pretty, perhaps.

“S-sure, Hitomi,” Chaewon replied, going along with Hitomi’s façade until they were alone in the elevator.

Now, alone with Hitomi in the elevator, Chaewon gave an uneasy smile, a smile usually made by significant others who are caught cheating.

“Hitomi...” Chaewon pouted, using her cute puppy eyes and cute pout on Hitomi to somehow gather her attention. It usually works. Usually.

“Hmph.” Hitomi looked in the other direction. To be very honest, even though Hitomi was angry, she also felt a bit sorry on the other hand. After all, Chaewon had done nothing to spark her jealousy—the Japanese was the one who assumed things, not Chaewon.

Chaewon sighed, scratching the back of her head. “Were you jealous?” A rhetorical question asked with such a soft voice.

‘Huh!? Me? Jealous!?’ Hitomi tried arguing in her mind that she wasn’t, only to find more evidence that she was, in fact, jealous. She glared at Chaewon, not wanting to show any weakness, however. “Why would I be jealous?” She looked the other way once more, hiding her flushing cheeks from the older. ‘The soft voice isn’t going to cut it,’ Hitomi thinks to herself.

‘Why is she so cute?’ Chaewon fondly looked at her wife who was still mad—trying to be mad actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter