A Checklist out of Friendzone

Those Three Little Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perhaps, it was rushed decision. No. It was a funny and hilarious way to misunderstand. But that mistake was the reason why Hitomi is currently on the bed, in a certain someone's arms.

She chuckled after hearing the person's slow and soft breathing. The person is usually gentle and always reaches out to her when awake, and now that the person is asleep, Hitomi can't help but fall further, to the person's lovely voice even when she's just breathing.

Hitomi is lucky. After all, she was married–to the person she loved the most. The bread lover slowly and silently took her phone, looking at the time. It was six in the morning, and that meant she had to prepare for their breakfast.

Hitomi let out a tiny giggle when she remembered that the person's talks of having breakfast with her was the thing that put her in this situation now. (Don't worry, Hitomi doesn't regret the marriage one bit.)

The Japanese slowly and carefully removed the person's arms around her, standing up and replacing herself with a pillow. A childish groan could be heard from the older, making Hitomi chuckle. Maybe she was alarmed by the sudden disappearance of the scent of peach before her? Nobody knew.

Hitomi left the room, going to the kitchen. She wanted to indulge in the older's hugs, but she also desired to impress the radish with her cooking skills. Their breakfast had to be perfect after all.

Now in the kitchen, she started cooking, carefully following her recipe in mind. Just thinking of the older's gentle smile was enough to make her heart beat faster, and her cheeks red. As she cooked, the memories started replaying in her mind.

She had been going out with Chaewon for five years before they tied the knot. They started out as friends, like ordinary people, and were even high school classmates. But then, she did not know how or why the older got attracted to her. All she knew was that she was confessed to, at some point, by the radish who looked like she seemed to prefer women with bigger bosoms.

The confession was funny because Hitomi was only joking around with the older about finding a girlfriend, on their way home, when the confession was uttered.

\\\

"It would be nice if the person I'll go out with is taller than me." Hitomi turned around, smiling at the taller woman who was carrying her laptop bag on one shoulder.

It was always like this. The two would go out to drink a bit after work, and then go home together. Chaewon was already living by herself in a 1LDK, while Hitomi also lived by herself in a smaller apartment.

Chaewon was looking at her, listening with a smile on her face. Her way home was on the opposite direction, yet she did not have any qualms on joining Hitomi home. The Japanese once asked and all she got was the typical 'I'm making sure you get home safe' reply.

Hitomi did not know why Chaewon always goes the extra mile for her. It did not matter though. She just thought that maybe the extra 7 years of friendship was paying off. So she continued to joke around, not knowing that the person she was talking to had been itching to ask her out since time immemorial. Not knowing that every smile, every gentle touch, and every kind gesture was basically the older being whipped to her and her alone.

Hitomi looked back at the path, walking in front of Chaewon who was still smiling behind her, the person's eyes only on her. Hearing about the girl preferring tall women must have made the radish happy.

"Maybe someone who doesn't mind buying me bread when I pester her too?" Hitomi wondered, a finger touching her chin.

That too, was positive. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter