A Uselessly Long Dull Story (UmBRin)

Yerin Ships

Part of the Family (UmBRin)
Aka: A Uselessly Long Dull Story ^__^

 

 

 


Eunbi's POV

"Hey Eunbi, can I leave you for a moment? I'll just go help in the kitchen for a bit. You can stroll around if you want." My friend Yewon said before walking through a door next to the living room. It's christmas vacation and she invited me to come which was such a blessing in disguise 'cause I wouldn't want to be all alone during this holiday, which would have happened if not for her.

I wandered around the living room looking at the pictures displayed on every shelves and walls in the place. I stood looking at a small frame Yewon showed me a while ago, saying it was her first birthday's picture. She had a big smile showing her cute little teeth and her glowing eyes. It is one of those pictures wherein when you look at it, your lips are compelled to lift up into an unknowing smile. While Yewon was busy in the kitchen, I entertained myself with the rest of lovely pictures.

One by one, their relatives arrived and because It wasn't my place to welcome them, I retreated to their backyard where a wide green lawn was situated. There was also a pool and an outdoor fireplace in their backyard. Some of Yewon's family members that I've already met where chatting while grilling near the door connecting the kitchen and the yard. They waved at me which I answered with a wave of my own. I followed the cemented path going across the perfectly mowed grass to the fence that was twice higher than myself on the other side of the lot. While walking, I saw a pair of white creamy legs lying on the ground behind the line of potted plants. I double-checked it if my eyes were playing tricks on me but as I got closer, I reaffirmed myself that it really was a pair of legs. I hastened my steps to check if the person needed help. The person was a woman. I stood there observing her for a minute. Her breathing was even. An arm was covering her eyes and she didn't seem to be needing any help but just to be sure, I moved closer and addresed the said person.

"Excuse me. Are you alright?" She didn't respond but I saw her lips move so I think she's awake. I called her again but just like a minute ago, she didn't respond to my call.

"Hey Eunbi, what are you doing there?" I heared Yewon call. I was gonna tell her about the person but when I faced her, she went passed me on a gleefull cheer.

"Unnnnnniiiiiiiie!" She went down to the ground to hug the shocked person who was lying down.

"Yewon? When did you arrive?"

"I thought you weren't coming. I thought I would have to endure it on my own so I asked my friend to come with me. You should have told me you're coming." She pouted. This is such a culture shock for me. Yewon and I have been friends for two years and I had an image of her as a serious, caring overachiever. She could be funny sometimes but she was never this childish in front of my eyes. Well, atleast I got to see this side of her and I hope to see it more often. She looks so cute with her puffy cheeks, her brows that are creased and eyes that are glaring at her sister.

'Stop it Eunbi!' I told myself. I can't get out of focus if I want to keep this feeling a secret.

"Uhmm, your friend is waiting for you." Her sister said and that was the time that I looked at her. Of all the times that Yewon had told me about this sister of her's, it never crossed my mind that she'd be this dull looking. She had always painted her as this unattainable goddess and knowing Yewon's standards, that description would have been on the mark. . . . But. . . . . 

From her choppy bangs and disheveled hair with pieces of grass sticking to it, to her baggy, overwashed old hoody and her bare feet on the ground, she was literally far from it. The way she look at me doesn't give off a vibe of a confident person at all.

"Eunbi come here, meet my gorgeous sister Yerin." She beemed with her rare childish smile. She had gone and painted a different picture again but my mind had stopped registering it 'cause she's all that I can think of. I went closer and sat down beside her and addressed her sister.

"Hello Unnie, I'm Eunbi, Yewon's bestfriend." I raised my hand for a handshake and instead of grabbing it, she opted for a wave in response. I maintained my smile then changed my hand gesture to a wave too. That was awkward but Yewon didn't seem to notice it, however, her Unnie did. She had a guilty look and even tried to hide her face but because she was bombarded with questions by her sister, she couldn't keep her face down for too long.

"Tonight will be a blast. We'll be rooming together, me and my two favorite girls." Animated Yewon pulled us both into the house.

 

 

 


-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 


YEWON'S POV

I'm so happy because my Unnie is here for the christmas holiday. It's been so long since we've met. She was too busy at work and I was also busy with university stuff so all we could do was video call every now and then. 

When I was young, I was always scolded by my parents for my shortcomings compared to my same aged friends and classmates. I grew up with low self-esteem and my Unnie was the only person that defended me from my parents and kept on telling me that I was fine just the way I am. I didn't believe her at first but she never got tired of telling me the same thing over and over again and I just . . . . . believed her. She's my pillar and I love her very much.

My sister wanted to be a manga artist and I'm proud to say that she already has some of her works published. Our parents' were against her becoming one. They had always been vocal about their dislike about the profession or in their words, "It's not a profession". One afternoon, my Mom went to our room and ripped my Unnie's drafts. They got into an argument that day which led to my sister crying in my embrace, her, nonstop asking for forgiveness before leaving with her things and leaving me. My Unnie left home before I entered university. It was lonely living here without her but I understood that she needed to leave. I couldn't hold her back more than I already have. I needed to stand on my own without her. I had grown enough to keep my chin held high around our family after that time so the remaining months before my transfer to the dorm were more civil than I expected.

My sister seldom goes back home and whenever she does, we always coordinate so we can spend time together when we are here. Today was quite a surprise because we didn't get to talk about it. The last time I asked her, she said she was behind her deadline so she wasn't sure. Now, I get to enjoy a holiday with my sister again.

"Unnie did you finish your work?"

"Yeah, I crammed it yesterday. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you that I was coming. I was just too busy."

I hugged her arm while holding Eunbi's arm on my other hand. We went to our room and we talked till it was time to eat dinner.

The dinner was full of cheerful chatter, nieces and cousins running around, family and relatives gossiping about anything that they could think of, then there was us. We were having our own party out in the garden, the place where we found Unnie this afternoon. We brought our drinks and food with us and left the others in their own world, afterall, they said Unnie is unqualified to be there. It's just total bullsh*t really, as if we even care.

"Oh yeah, Unnie, do you have a girlfriend?" I opened the topic. I've always wanted my sister to have her own happy ending and I just found the perfect person.

"Nobody would take interest in me Yewon-ah. Let alone, talk to me." My Unnie is a very shy person. She doesn't talk to anyone unless she needs to or the other person approaches her first. So imagine how important her dream to be a manga artist is for her to battle it out with my parents.

"How could you say that! You are the most wonderful Unnie in the entire world." I said matter-of-factly.

"What are you talking about. Please don't say that when we have company." She whispers.

"Oh, you don't need to be shy around Eunbi. She's my bestfriend. She's really nice and also hot, right?" I smirked at Eunbi and her face immediately reacted to my praise. With a flushed face, she tried to act nonchalant about it but I know she was just shy. She's cute that way, that's why I like her for my sister. I think they'd go well together.

"And she's a nice catch Unnie. Why don't you just get together?" I proposed to my sister with a smile. Her eyes grew twice as big and her face darted from me to the other person with us.

"Ahh. . . . Ahhh. . . " She was like a fish out of water.

"Hey Eunbi, Isn't my sister a catch?" I turned to my friend who was just staring at her plate the whole time.

"Yeah sure" Was her only reply. To start the ball rolling, I took my sister's almost empty plate and went to the house to get a refill. I left them there and I hope there would be some progress on their relationship.

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 


YERIN'S POV

My sister had done it. How could she not know what is happening? This is so totally awkward.

After Yewon left us, Eunbi excused herself to go to the bathroom. I was left here silently in anguish about my sister's obliviousness. Her bestfriend obviously had feelings for her and she just tried to push us together. The poor girl must have harbored expectations about being together with my sister, here on holiday but ended up indirectly dumped. Should I talk to her or something? But wouldn't that be more awkward, me telling her that I know that she likes my sister and knowing full well that it was one-sided?

Yewon-ah, who would have thought you'd turn out to be a heartbreaker.

I looked back at the house while waiting for the two and I saw Eunbi just walking out of the door but turned back to go inside when she saw me on my own here at our spot. She might prefer to get back later when Yewon-ah is already here than just the two us. I don't mind being on my own so I just sit here waiting for my sister. Time flew by and my sister arrived with my plate full of sweets.

"Where's Eunbi unnie?"

"Stop pushing us together. I'm not interested." I stated firmly.

"But you really look good together. And besides, I don't think anybody deserves you except her and vice versa. You don't really feel anything for her?"

"I can see that she's a nice person."

"And hot" she added

"And hot" I repeated to make her stop.

"See! I knew you'd like her!" She cheered.

"I like her more for you. I think she's a keeper and I think she's good for you." I said while trying to gage her reaction.

"So you don't like her?"

"It's not about if I like her. It's about whether she'd like me. She could be in-love with someone else, you know." And as cliché as it may seem, the topic  of discussion arrived on that exact time.

"Who wouldn't like you unnie?!" My sister asked in disbelief. 

"Except you? Everybody else but we'll talk about this again some other time. Eunbi is here." I ended the rhetorical topic.

Yewon looked at Eunbi, her sister's statement lingering in her mind. She tried to think if her friend ever showed any sign of giving special treatment to anyone.

"I've never seen Eunbi being sweet with anyone. Eunbi do you like anyone?" She flatly said.

As much as I love my sister, she really needs a crash course on LOVE.

"Speaking on liking someone, I brought a prototype of my new manga. Would you please check it for me later?" I changed the topic. I should have brought her lots of romance mangas.

"Yeah, I want to read it unnie!"

"I'll show it to you later. How was Uni by the way?" And we survived the rest of dinner time without Yewon making it more disastrous.

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 

 

I left my sister and her friend to prepare for bed. I took my pens and some thick papers and went to the balcony of our room. I closed the sliding door and curtain so they won't see me. I realized that I brought a gift for Yewon but I don't have anything to give Eunbi. It's acceptable because I didn't know that she would be coming but I still would like to give her something for christmas so now I'm gonna draw them together and give it to her.

First, I tried visualizing them but I think my mind blanked out because when my mind cleared up, I saw a finished picture on the paper. They were both in a wedding dress and smiling at me together. Giving this to her would be a bad idea so I crumpled it and started another picture. How about I draw them as gangsters?

I tried to practice drawing Eunbi first with different clothing styles. I've been drawing my sister since I was young so I don't need any practice with her. Drawing Eunbi was inspirational. I like the proportion of her face. I got carried away and now I have papers full of stylish Eunbis in different poses and clothing.

"You're good." Someone voiced out behind me and my heart just skipped a beat. That surprised me. By instinct, I tried to hide my work behind me but could I really hide them when she already saw it?

"Ah, thanks?" I wanted to say that I wasn't doing anything malicious about it but voicing it out just after her catching me do it might seem more suspicious than reassuring so I waited a bit before saying it.

"It's creepy" She said then lifted her hand to ask for the drawings.

"Oh, please don't get the wrong idea. I was gonna give you something as a gift but I needed to practice first and I got a bit carried away." I slowly placed the drafts on her palm and waited for her judgement.

She scanned them and it warmed my heart when I detected a tint of delight in her serious reaction. I have a habbit of observing people's expressions so I can't be mistaken, she likes it. While she was busy, I tried to sneakily pick up the first portrait I made and tucked it inside my pocket but she caught me and asked for it.

"Its just a mistake." I brushed it off but she didn't drop it so I didn't have a choice but to give it to her. She was quiet while looking at it.

"This is so random." She finally said.

"Yeah, it was just a mistake."

"Hahaha. . .yeah a mistake." She laughed but I could sense the sarcasm in it so I felt more guilty.

"I didn't mean it that way. . . . I'm sorry." I tried to explain then she laughed harder.

"So you knew? Does she know?" She asked

"You don't need to worry. She doesn't have any idea." Then I closed my eyes and internally scolded myself.

She laughed harder. "I don't even know what's better now. Should I even confess when I'm already dumped? What do you think unnie?"

"I don't know. It's not my place to say anything."

"If you're gonna write our story unnie, how would it end?"

"I'd like you both to end with each other." I said honestly. She just smiled at my answer.

"Thanks for the support unnie. I'll keep at it for a bit more then. Thanks for the gifts. I like them very much." Then she went inside.

'That wasn't the gift but if she liked it then its fine.' I just thought to myself. After a while, I also entered the room and found my sister comfortably lying on one side of the bed.

"Unnie, you stay in the middle tonight because you're the eldest."

Eunbi would be in the bathroom now so I need to talk to Yewon properly.

"Yewon-ah, stop shipping us together. We don't like each other that way."

"Even if you were chatting outside intimately and Eunbi smilling brightly after talking to you?"

"You should practice observing people Yewon-ah and a bit of romance novels could help. Try to read some when you get back."

"I think I'm good at observing unnie but I just choose to not interpret too much. Now come sit beside me, I got lots of things to tell you." Does that mean that. . . . . 

"Eunbi is done. I'll go freshen up and you'll be in the middle tonight because you're cute." I pinched my sisters cheek and went to clean myself. I need to think about what she said first. I'm getting mix signals.

When I got out, I found my sister lying in the middle of the mattress watching videos with Eunbi. I climbed onto the bed and watched them interact.

"Oh yeah, Merry Christmas Yewon-ah." I gave my christmas gift to Yewon.

"I didn't bring my gift for you Unnie. I was planning on giving it to you at your flat. I'll give it to you next time."

"It's ok. Go on, open it."

She opened it and was surprised. Its a manga, a fully colored one. Its not just a simple manga. In front of the book are bold letters saying:

STORY & ART by:
Jung Yerin & Jung Yewon

It was the story they played around with last time they were video calling. Yewon joked about her sister making it and now it's finished.

Yewon read it and laughed the whole night long because the things they talked about before were all there.

Yerin was overjoyed seeing her sister happy. All her sleepless nights while doing this and all the cramming she did for her work after were all worth it. She wont tell her that this was the reason why she was behind work schedule. She has priorities and Yewon is equally at the top with her work.

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 


EUNBI'S POV

We're currently waiting for Yewon's Unnie to open her door. We are here to deliver the post christmas gifts. I wasn't planning to come but when I told her to pass along mine, I magically ended up here.

After the holidays, when we got back to the dorm, Yewon dropped all pretense of her secretly shipping me with her sister. Well, if you think about it, it might not have been a secret after all. I didn't know what to say when she confronted me and tried to sell her sister. What did you expect me to do when the person I like tried to indirectly say, "Hey, you should totally bang my sister." I'm proud of myself for not reacting negatively about it. I just calmly said, "She's just not my type, so no." And I just laughed it off.

That didn't end well.

The next thing I know, she didn't talk to me for two whole days. At first I thought I was just imagining it but when I talked to her and she didn't answer even if it was a direct question, then it hit me, I think there is something wrong. I tried asking her. I tried to make her laugh. I tried to act cute but she just looked at me as if I was air.

What did I do?!

She may be serious most of the time but she never got mad at anything. I tried asking for forgiveness on different things that I did, like the time I ate one of the cakes I was originally going to give her after one of my trips. I even told her about that time when I lied to her about hurting my knuckles that was crushed by the door but was actually used to hit his assh*le of an admirer. I was at my wits end. Then suddenly, she faced me with her no-nonsense face. I unconsciously sat up straight and waited for her to talk.

Her, "You have such bad taste." She said in all seriousness. 

"A. . . .ha. . . . " I just waited for her to continue.

And she didn't say anything else.

 

 


My Mind:
Bad taste? Taste about what?! Don't tell me it's about what I said about her sister?!

 

 

 

"Are you angry at me?" I ask her.

"No"

"Were you angry at me?"

She nodded.

"Is it because I said that Yerin unnie is not my type?"

She nodded again.

I sighed. I was too confident in ranking higher against all of her admirers but I missed the highest one, her sister. The worst part is that I can't kick her sister's , I need to bang it. This is so not what I wanted. Maybe I should just tell her the truth. Should I?

I was thinking to myself when I heard Yewon say, "I'm sorry that I got mad about it. I just don't like people talking bad about unnie. I know you weren't talking bad about her but. . . . I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry too. I should have phrased it better."

"Yeah, but you still have lousy tastes." She said with a light mocking tone. That's when I saw her smile again and I just couldn't not return the gesture, especially when she was mocking herself 'cause technically, she's my type.

To make the story short, as punishment for what I said, I was dragged here to meet her sister.

The door opened, showing a soft-looking bespectacled lady sporting a cute bun with choppy bangs. She looked so comfy with her oversized shirt, pajamas and some fluffy cat slippers.

"My sister's cute right?" Yewon elbowed me which brought me back to my senses.

"I didn't say she's not." I defended myself. Thankful that I didn't fall into my friend's trap, the sister trap.

"Eunbi wanted to give you something unnie so she tagged along." That wasn't exactly a lie but she made it seem like I wanted to see her unnie. I looked at the older girl and I shook my head to tell her that it wasn't the case. After that time when we talked in the balcony of their home, we kinda had a special camaraderie.

She just smiled at me understanding what I meant and pinched her sister.

"Stop making up stories. You'll put me out of business." She then pulled her in while signaling for me to follow.

We gave her the gifts and we had dinner. The conversations were smooth except for those times when Yewon just randomly tease us. It's a good thing that Yerin unnie and I don't get shy around each other about it now.

After eating, I presented to wash the dishes but Yewon pushed her unnie to help me. I don't know why she gave in to her request when we know it would just fuel her sister's teasing.

"I can do it myself unnie. It's not like it's  a lot."

"I wasn't planning on helping you. I was just going along with my sister."

"What?!"

"It was a joke, I just think we need to have a chat."

"About what unnie?"

"About you and my sister ofcourse"

"What about us?"

"Are you not gonna tell her about it?"

"Do you think I have a chance?" While we were whispering while talking, I could hear some noise from behind us.

"She must be trying to spy on us. Just ignore her. Oh I forgot, you can't because you're in-love. . Hahahah" she teased me.

"That's not fair unnie. Why do you get all the fun and I get all the teasing?"

"I just couldn't help it, you're cute when you react to my teasing."

"Shut up. I thought we were comrades. Tssss"

"Hahaha. . Sorry, lets get down to business then. Would you rather be hurt everytime she pushes you to other people while thinking that if you tried a little bit more and you might end up together?"

"And if its the opposite? And don't give me that moving on phrase."

"Is there anything else except for moving on?"

"Don't you write stuff that tells about long unrequited love that ends up in happy endings?"

"That's cute, but really, I'm not hoping for you to perish for thousands of years just to wait on something that could end up being another heartbreak."

"You're quite the pessimist huh? You're making me more sad. I don't want to talk anymore."

"I'm sorry. It's just that, I think she knows."

"Knows what?"

"That you like her."

"Who?"

"I think Yewon knows that you like her." Her whisper's decibel doubles up.

"How would she know that? And you said she didn't know anything." My voice is also getting louder.

She signals to keep it low. "I think she's doing it on purpose."

"Doing what on purpose?" My voice still a bit loud.

"Shhhhh. . . I think she knows that you like her and she's pushing us together on purpose."

I know I wouldn't be able to keep my voice down so I pulled her out of her house and leaving the other girl with just an order, "Stay".

We went to a clearing which was a bit far from the house.

"Are you sure? You said she doesn't know." I don't know what I'm feeling about this.

"I'm not sure but I think it's true."

"How sure are you?"

"70? I just feel like Yewon is hiding something."

"This doesn't make sense. If she doesn't like me, she didn't need to push me onto you. I didn't expect her to use you as a scapegoat. Am I that unwanted?"

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I think she likes you more than a lot to push you onto me."

I thought about what she said and that could be true but if she likes me that much, why wouldn't she just catch me on her own?

"I think you need to talk to her."

"What? No! Not today. I'm not ready. I can still keep the status quo. It's not like I'm to get her today."

"What's the point of dragging it when it's already as clear as day." She said and I was confused about it when she called out all of a sudden to someone I didn't expect.

"Is this how you should treat your friends Yewon? Don't pretend like this is better for her, you know it isn't."

Who is she talking too? Yewon couldn't be here right?

I stared at the place she was looking at and I saw a silhouette of someone behind a tree.

This can't be true.

I looked at unnie again, "It can't be right? That can't be Yewon. She's at home right?" I tagged at her shirt to get an answer but she untangles my hold on her. She walks to her sister who then rans away. I was left there crying. After some time, I hear footsteps. I didn't look up because I didn't want to face anyone right now.

"I don't want to talk to Yewon tonight." I tried to hide the change in my voice.

"I'm sorry. She asked me not to force her right now. I'm sorry this is all my fault."

"Yeah it is! You could have just pretended that she wasn't there. We could have acted like we were before. I told you I could still hold on." I said crying loudly now.

I cried my heart out while she just stood nearby. When I was better, I dusted myself then told her that I was going home.

She offered to  bring me home but I declined it. I don't want to be with either of them right now.

I said that but . . . . . Now that I got back, I coincidentally met Yewon getting out of our dorm with some of her things.

"Are you leaving?" I ask

"Just for some time." She said. She couldn't face me properly. My heart hurts so much that I couldn't stop myself from pulling her back inside our dorm room.

"Let's get this over once and for all. I Like You and I'm not saying that to push you to answer me back with the same line. I genuinely like you and if you don't feel the same way, you can just tell me."

"I don't think it is the right time Eunbi."

"When is the right time Yewon-ah? I'm opening myself, baring everything and the only thing missing is your answer. Do you feel the same way or not?"

She didn't answer but even if my heart was breaking, I still waited for her.

"Yewon please" I pleaded.

"You have terrible tastes." Was all she could say.

 

Then it dawned on me. I heard that same line from her days ago. So that was it.

"I can say the same thing for you." I said

She smiled and said, "I know right. You're such a catch but I have terrible tastes."

"You could have just told me from the beginning."

"That what? That, Hey Eunbi, I like you too much but I don't feel anything more than that so can you please marry my wonderful sister so we can stay as a family?" She whispered but it was clear as day because the place was too quiet.

"Stop pushing me onto your sister. I told you I don't like her that way, like how you don't like me that way."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to loose you as a friend."

"I'm not that easy to get rid off but I think I just can't be with you right now." I told her honestly.

"I know . . . . . I'm going to my sister for now. When you're fine or you want to move out or you want me to move out or something, just message me. I'll still pay for my rent while I'm out so don't worry."

So that was how my unrequited love went. A month after or so, I got over her. It was quicker than I expected. Maybe deep down, I knew that she didn't like me that way.

 

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 

 


YERIN'S POV

I still feel guilty whenever I remember that Yewon and Eunbi got into a fight because of my unwanted meddling and because of that, Yewon makes me pay whenever we go out together, the three of us. They got back together, though still just as friends but like they said, 'They have good tastes in friends'.

"Unnie, I need to go somewhere. I'll leave Eunbi in your care." She kisses my cheek and leaves the coffee shop that we were in.

"I hope you don't take it to heart, what she's doing." I address my companion.

"Nah, I got over it. She's actually trying real hard to hide it this time."

"Yeah, it's amusing how she tries to be subtle about it. I still think it's sad that you didn't work out. I was hoping to have you as part of our family."

"I actually thought about it but I think I've settled for being bestfriends. However, I admit that she's still really cute."

"She's the definition of cute." I said while smiling to myself. My sister is the cutest person in the world.

"You are undeniably sisters. She said the same thing about you."

I just chuckled. Just like what my sister said, she's my number 1 fan.

"Why are you still single unnie?"

"Because I'm a busy person and I don't have time to meet with anyone." I'd rather use my free time to meet with them than to get to know someone that might not stay that long.

"Do you want me to introduce you to someone?"

"No, I'm good. I don't like those awkward situations. I'd just make a fool of myself then scare them away, so no thanks."

"No you won't. Well, it's normal to be shy at first but look at you now, there's no more sign of that awkward unnie around me."

"Because I'm not trying to impress you so I'm not being self conscious, and you're easy to get along with. I like hanging out with you."

"Really? And all I thought you were being sweet and charming. You're a natural then. I'm more impressed." She teased which made me self-conscious.

"Aren't you the one who's charming? You're even good with words. . . Tsssss" We laughed together and we stayed there a bit more then I offered to walk her to the shopping centre because I was going the same way.

We first went to a bookstore because she said she was looking for some book reference. I help her look for it. While scanning the shelves, I saw her stop at the manga section. I slowly went to her and she was looking intently on a manga that was made by none other than me. I immediately covered her eyes and pulled her to another section.

"Yah! I was looking at something." She acted angry.

"There's nothing nice there. You should focus on your studies." I pulled her to the genre that she was looking for but she pulled me back to the comics section. We ended up playing tag-of-war in the bookstore until I gave in to her. She was smiling victoriously while hugging the paper bag that contained some of my works. She said she'll come get the others after reading these. I never felt this nervous whenever I showed them to my sister. She even bought a marker because she said, she's making me sign them.

Because my sister told me to take care of her, I even walked her to the station. Who am I kidding, I would have done it even without my sister telling me to. It's just fun to be with Eunbi. I stayed there till the bus was out of sight, then I went my own way.

"Today is such a good day." I smiled at the glaring sun. I walked myself to my house which is 30 minutes away. I would normally just get a ride but because it was a wonderful day, I decided to get an exercise. About 10 minutes through my walk, I got a call.

"Did you forget anything?" I ask the caller.

"Unnie. . . . . . .(crying).  . .unnie. . .
please come and get me. . ."

"What happened? Where are you? Eunbi where are you?!" I frantically asked. I immediately turned around and ran back to where we parted.

"Eunbi where are you right now?

"I'm near (silence) a xxxx shop and xxxx store. I don't really know. Please come quick unnie. I'm afraid."

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Is there a killer? Do you want me to call the police?"

"No, they already called the police. (Crying)"

"My G*d Eunbi! Are you in danger right now? Did they do anything to you?"

"No, no, (crying) I'm fine, just shaking."

"Eunbi, I need you to turn on your gps and tell me where you are exactly. Can you do that for me?"

"(Crying)"

"Eunbi, stay with me, put the call on loudspeaker then turn your gps on. Tell me where the red marker is. Please, so I can come and get you."

"Eunbi? I'm coming so I need you to tell me where you are."

"I'm in the intersection of xxxx and xxxx street, three blocks away from the bus stop. Are you coming?"

(A/N: I don't have any braincells left to think of names. . HahaHah)

"I'm coming Eunbi. I need to put the call down to see where you are. I'll call you back after." I was gonna disconnect it when I heard her scream, "NO!"

"Don't leave me!"

"I'm not." I called a taxi and told him the street Eunbi told me.

"I'm in a taxi now. I'm almost there. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Not now . . . . Unnie. . . .."

"I'm here baby. I'm coming to get you."

"Unnie. . . .(crying) faster"

"Almost there baby" 

Eunbi's bus got into an accident with a motorcycle. The other side from where she was sitting was dented in, fracturing the person sitting there, heavily. The cyclist and his companion didn't make it. They hit the bus and was thrown over. One man smashed his head when he met the ground and the other one hit another car before falling to the ground, ending his life. Eunbi saw the body of the men and it traumatized her.

While the uniformed personnels where talking to the passengers, I arrived and immediately looked for Eunbi. I wriggled my way into the crowd to get to her. When the she saw me, she immediately rushed to cling onto me. I hugged her back as strongly as she did. When she settled down, I talked to one of the personnels and got authorization to go home. Eunbi was so rattled that she wouldnt let go of me.

"Let's go home." I carried her on my back because she couldn't walk properly. I brought her to my house and called Yewon to inform her of what happened. She immediately went to my house and brought Eunbi some things. Even with Yewon here, Eunbi wouldn't let go of me so Yewon offered to go buy food while Eunbi and I were lying on the bed, her, hugging me and I, consoling her.

When Yewon entered the room to call us, I caught her teasing eyes. If her bestfriend weren't in this state, I'm sure she'd be voicing this out nonstop. During dinner, Eunbi was plastered beside me and my sister was sitting in front of us. She must have reached the limit of her selfcontrol because she was  nonstop kicking my leg every time I feed her bestfriend. I kicked her back and signed to stop but she can't help reacting whenever her bestfriend tries to cling harder onto me.

Sleeping time was also uncomfortable, thanks to my wonderful sister who kept on signing something about my ultra closeness to her bestfriend. Yewon and I were each at one side of the bed and Eunbi who was hugging me was in the middle. According to my sister, she was feeling left out.

Next day, I needed to go to the bathroom to take a pee but when I started to take off the younger girl's hold on me, the latter woke up and started complaining. I didn't have any other way but to bring her with me, Define awkward.

When I brought her back to the bed, I told her that I'd just wash up so I could bring her to her parent's house but the younger girl refused and kept on saying that she'd stay here. Yewon needs to go to school so I decided to let her stay. Good thing that I work at home.

So now, I'm cooking food with a girl tightly hugging my back.

 

Some time after:
Me drawing a draft on my computer and her sitting on my lap asking lots of questions about the story I'm working on.

Another Scenario that day:
Me getting conscious of her smelling me but couldn't go wash myself because she keeps on pestering me that she wants to come too.

In the Evening:
Me getting attacked by my sister because she left us in an intimate position and got back to see us being in another compromising position.

Eunbi's fatally cute right now.

 

 

 

 

-_-_-_-_-

 

 

 

 

Yerin and Eunbi got even closer to each other after the accident. They go out together. They sometimes video call each other. They became very good friends basically.

"Unnie, are you straight?" The younger girl asks while leaning on Yerin's work table facing her.

Yerin was skeptical in answering the question, "Didn't Yewon tell you?"

"She just told me to just get it on with you. Are you straight?"

"I'm biual." Yerin nonchalantly answer

"Which one are you more attracted to, boys or girls?"

"Girls, I think."

Eunbi fiddled with her phone and showed her a picture of a gorgeous woman.

"Is she beautiful?"

"She's ok, why?"

"How about her?" Eunbi showed her another picture and another and another and Yerin just kept on answering.

"How about her?"

"Hmmmmmm, she looks nice."

"And?"

"And nothing, just because she looks nice doesn't mean that I like her."

"How about her?" Eunbi pointed to a girl in her class picture.

"I like her better." Yerin pointed to Eunbi and the younger girl felt a fluttering feeling in her chest. She couldn't make a reply which placed a smile on Yerin's lips.

"And she looks really good." The older girl pointed to another girl in the picture and the fluttering feeling in Eunbi's chest disappeared and was replaced with a dampened mood. Realizing that it was the most positive reaction in regards to the older girl's assessment to the pictures she'd shown, Eunbi couldn't help but scowl at the woman in the picture.

"So you like her?"

"Not really, she just looks good here." Eunbi stares at Yerin which makes the older girl laugh in response.

"What?" The older girl stops laughing and questions the younger girl.

"You're still like the others that go for looks." And she clicks her tongue at her.

"I still like your looks better you know." Yerin admits which makes Eunbi smile again but doesn't show it to Yerin.

"But just because she looks nice doesn't mean that You like her, right?" Eunbi prods the older girl.

Yerin just smiles while continuing her work. She finishes the Author's Note for her manga then saves it. She'll print it later.

 

Author's Note:
I don't know if you'll buy this or read this, "I like your looks more than anyone else because I LIKE YOU EUNBI-AH."

 

 

 

 

 


-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

04-08-20
7:09 AM

I'll just end it here. I can't continue anymore.

ME: Crawling on the floor because my limited energy has been spent -__-

There were no ual innuendos in this story. I cringed while writing some lines that sounded like them but they were purely as the scene depicted. I was thinking of taking them out but .  . .just skip them when reading, like I did. . Hahaha

I've been writing whatever and in all seriousness, I don't even know if there is still a sense of romance in this story. . Hahaha. . My head hurts.

A Three Month Late Story
Early January 2020