. Treacherous

How You Get The Girl | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Falling in love is dangerous. Opening your heart to a person also opens up the possibility of it being broken. So Mina decided she would build walls around it so that it wouldn't happen again.

But one girl, in particular, seemed determined to demolish those sturdy walls. And Mina knew she had the power to do it. She had the power to annihilate her if she wanted to.

If I fall for you, will you be there to catch me? 

If I open my heart to you, do you promise not to break it?

The safest thing would be to keep her distance. But Nayeon was like quicksand. The more she tried to run away, the faster she drowned. Maybe it would be easier if the older girl didn't have that contagious laugh, or that beautiful smile, or that incredible way of making Mina feel so safe.

She tapped her fingers on the table impatiently as she stared at her phone. In around an hour, she would be at a meeting to discuss details about her new drama. 

"Ugh, screw this," she murmured irritatedly and grabbed the phone, tired on dwelling on her insecurities and fears once again. 

Deciding she didn't care how treacherous the road to Nayeon was, she texted the older girl.

 

"Who are you talking to?" Jihyo asked, suddenly walking in the room and making Mina slightly jump on her seat.

"O-Oh," Mina replied, trying to recover from the fright. "I'm talking to Nayeon-unnie."

"Nayeon-unnie, huh?" Jihyo asked nonchalantly, sitting beside Mina on the couch and crossing her legs. "So, has she kissed you yet?"

"K-KISSED ME?!" Mina repeated, astonished and red-cheeked, shifting her head to look at Jihyo. "What are you talking about? You know it's not like that... and the other day wasn't a date either, okay?"

Her friend laughed and then patted Mina's leg apologetically. "Relax, I'm just riling you up."

"You sure do seem to love annoying me," Mina said, still feeling extremely flustered.

"Of course I do, when your reactions are this cute," Jihyo replied, and Mina rolled her eyes. "That's what friends are for."

Mina remembered Nayeon telling about how Jeongyeon was always irritating her, and now she understood what she meant. Jihyo was the same as her. Perhaps best friends are meant to be annoying, but she wouldn't want anyone else to be hers.

"When are you guys hanging out again?" Jihyo asked.

"I don't know," Mina admitted, nervously glancing at her phone.

"Why don't you ask her out?" She questioned.

Her heart began racing at that thought. Mina is usually not that bold. But so far, it's always been Nayeon who asked her to hang out so maybe she should do it sometimes too. She always thought that any type of relationship should be balanced.

"O-Okay..." She finally answered, glancing worriedly at Jihyo. 

"Hey, don't be nervous, it'll be okay," Jihyo answered, trying to reassure Mina by squeezing her hand. "Ask her out to our karaoke night tomorrow, and tell her she can bring the other TWICE members too."

Jihyo's words brought relief to Mina, and she took a deep breath. Inviting Nayeon and her friends to an outing with other people was undoubtedly less intimidating than asking only her out.

"Okay, I can do this," she answered, picking up her phone once again and sending Nayeon a text message. "Thanks, Jihyo."

Mina's mind was going around in loops, just like the butterflies in her stomach. Was Nayeon joking or was she being serious? She could never tell for sure due to the girl's playful nature. In the end, she decided that sticking to her dry humor might be the best.

"They're all going," Mina told Jihyo, still a bit frantic.

"Cool, the more, the merrier, I guess!" Jihyo answered, glancing at Mina and putting her phone on the coffee table.

"Sana-unnie will probably be there too," Mina said, smirking a bit when Jihyo shuffled in her seat after the blonde was mentioned.

"Yes, just like the other TWICE members," Jihyo pointed out as if it was something obvious.

"C'mon, be honest," Mina replied, trying to pull Jihyo back to the topic. "You guys have been texting, right?"

"Um, yes, we have," Jihyo affirmed, sighing before glancing at Mina. "Listen... I'm not sure how I feel about her... she's beautiful, sweet and caring, but... I'm afraid... I heard she's a player. What if I'm just another game for her?"

"I wasn't aware she had that type of fame... how did you find out?" Mina asked cautiously.

"Dahyun warned me about her..." Jihyo began explaining, "Chaeyoung's always telling her about how Sana flirts with a lot of girls, and so she told me that. She said she doesn't want to see me getting hurt again. And I don't think she's wrong, Minari."

"Of course she's not wrong... I don't want you getting hurt either, Jihyo," Mina said, putting her hand above her friend's. She understood what Jihyo was feeling because it was the same thing that was haunting her right now. "If Sana-unnie really is like that, then I don't think you should get close to her."

Jihyo's phone received a notification at that moment, so she grabbed it, and her eyes widened, "Speaking of the devil," she said.

Mina could see that Jihyo was smiling from ear to ear the whole time. It was clear that she enjoyed talking to the other Japanese girl. But with the recent revelations about her, she felt worried. 

'I'll have to keep a close eye on Sana-unnie and her actions tomorrow night', she thought.

"Minari," Jihyo said dramatically, "She's so cute... and she seems genuine and sincere. Maybe we should wait and see if Sana lives up to her reputation before judging her?"

"Well, I still think we should be wary," Mina answered. "But it is possible that she likes you and only you right now, even if in her past she flirted with multiple people."

"is that your way of telling me I should give her a chance?" Jihyo asked, her big eyes looking at Mina with worry.

"Well, I suppose once chance wouldn't hurt, but if she messes up, she's out," Mina retorted.

"Fair enough," Jihyo said, smiling at the phone and texting Sana again.

 

"I have to go to my meeting now," Mina said, getting up from the couch and seizing her bag. She walked towards the exit of the room, but before leaving, she turned over and said, "Have fun daydreaming about your blondie."

She left before Jihyo could even react, and then there were a few sounds of giggles on the corridors. The soloist closed her eyes and laid down on the couch. "Maybe I should do that..." 

"So, who wants to sing first?" asked Dahyun, causing everyone to exchange glances with each other.

"I think Jihyo could start!" Sana said to the soloist, placing her hands on her shoulders as she smiled. "I'm really want to hear her singing in person!"

"Ohh, yes!" Chaeyoung answered, excitedly clapping her hands a bit. "Jihyo-unnie has a great voice, I really want to hear it!"

"Oh," Jihyo answered, a little flustered. "I'm okay with starting."

"Can we start ordering drinks?" Momo said, then adding in a low whisper so nobody would listen. "Looks like I'm gonna need it."

Most of the girls didn't even seem to notice, but Sana did and gave Momo a confused look. 

"I'm surprised you're not asking for food," joked Jeongyeon, giving Momo a few pats in the back.

"That too, of course," Momo replied, placing her elbows on the table, and resting her face on her palms.

The group sat around a square table that had a large booth seat surrounding it. It was in a karaoke bar that had rooms for people to rent, and they got the most private and luxurious one that was on the penthouse. It even had a balcony with a view of Seoul.

Mina sat on one of the corners, and Nayeon was beside her, a simple fact that was able to set her heart racing. She could smell Nayeon's scent amongst all others, which was a little bit distracting for her.

Jeongyeon and Momo occupied themselves with ordering drinks and food for everyone. At the same time, Jihyo stood so she could pick a song.

"Sana, why don't you sing a duet with her?" Nayeon asked, wiggling her eyebrows to her blonde friend. 

"H-Huh?" Sana asked, surprised by her the older girl's suggestion. 

"That's not a bad idea," Jihyo said, glancing back and smiling. "That way there's less pressure on me," she extended her hands and gestured at Sana. "C'mon."

Sana got up and joined Jihyo, picking up the microphones and handing one to the other girl, saying, "Okay, but I get to pick the song, missy. We're singing Dream, by Baekhyun and Suzy."

"Only if I sing Suzy's part," Jihyo countered, and Sana shrugged in reply.

"Jihyo-unnie is a big fan of hers," Tzuyu explained, somewhat timidly, and Dahyun nodded in agreement.

The initial melody became playing, and the two girls swayed a bit to the sound of it. 

"You are beautiful, just as you were yesterday. No, you're more beautiful than you were yesterday," Sana started to sing, seeming a bit flustered and gazing at the screen as she read the lyrics. "When I say something like this, you always change subjects pretending you didn't hear anything."

"I had really sweet dreams yesterday. I don't wanna tell you now," Jihyo sang, as her part began, and she was smiling widely. The same energy she was known for in her performances was also present here. "Because I'm too shy, and also it's not very good to tell someone this kind of thing," her eyes shifted from the screen to Sana, who was smiling like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter