. Begin Again

How You Get The Girl | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mina took a deep breath as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was examining the makeup she just applied, trying to spot any flaw that needed to be fixed. It wasn't anything extravagant, just her usual everyday appearance, which she learned how to do from her makeup artist.

"Unnie, I think these shoes will match your outfit," Dahyun apeared, showing her a pair of shiny black high-heeled loafers.

Back when the actress was with him, she would never wear high heels, because he didn't like it. She knew it was because it made her look taller than him, but was considerate enough to never mention that. Mina liked them, however. They made her feel more confident, so she took them from her friend's hands, saying, "Thank you, Dahyun."

She was wearing a brown blouse with blue accents, and a black skirt, her legs covered by black stockings since it was cold outside. The shoes Dahyun picked were a perfect match.

The smaller girl smiled widely at her and replied, "You look beautiful, Mina-unnie."

Mina glanced down bashfully and thanked Dahyun. She still didn't know how to react to compliments, even though she got them all the time, whether it was from fans or other people she met. 

"I better get going if I don't want to be late," Mina said. "Thank you for helping me get ready."

"You know I'm always happy to help you out!" Dahyun answered, rubbing Mina's back as they headed towards the door. "Have fun on your date, Mina-unnie!"

"It's not a date!" She repeated to the younger girl for what felt like the millionth time. At least she thought it wasn't one. The thought of going on an actual date with Nayeon did make the butterflies in her stomach flutter crazily though.

She and Nayeon would be meeting at a café that was conveniently close to Mina's apartment. She turned the lock and said goodbye to Dahyun, walking towards the car where a driver waited for her. Even though the café was near, Mina was advised by her manager not to walk by herself.

A part of her anticipated Nayeon to be late. Even though the other girl had been nothing but kind to her, she grew accustomed to expecting the worst from people.But contrary to her belief, the older girl got there before she did.

She sat on a chair, glancing at the moving scenery that was visible from the glass window. Mina couldn't help but smile to herself, unsure of why she even doubted her in the first place. Nayeon looked stunning as usual, with a pink cardigan, and a black skirt with red dots. 

When she saw Mina, she grinned and stood up, waiting for the younger girl who was walking towards her. Nayeon greeted her with a tight hug, just like she did the last time they saw each other, and the Japanese girl would be lying if she said she didn't like it.

"I'm so happy to see you," was the first thing Nayeon said to her. "Thank you for coming."

"I am too," Mina replied, timidly smiling at the other girl when she pulled away. 

"Here, have a seat," the older girl said, pulling the chair out and helping Mina in. 

That simple gesture could have been a natural thing Nayeon always did, but Mina found it remarkably thoughtful. Perhaps because she wasn't used to it. 'He never did that,' she thought.

"Thank you," she softly whispered as Nayeon sat on the opposite side, clasping her hands together on top of the table. 

"This is such a nice place, right?" Nayeon commented, glancing around. Mina finally took the opportunity to inspect her surroundings. It had a vintage and classy atmosphere, something you could expect of a café in Paris. 

"It is," Mina agreed, smiling at the older girl. "I've never been here, even though it's pretty close to my apartment."

"I'm glad we got to see it together then," Nayeon replied, resting her face on top of her embraced hands.

A waitress arrived to take their orders. She probably recognized them because she seemed a bit nervous. 

Nayeon smiled kindly at her and said, "I'd like a slice of cherry cake and some iced tea, please."

"A tiramisu and a cappuccino for me, please," Mina said, and the waitress wrote down their orders before leaving.

It was then that the song that was playing was over and a familiar sound filled Mina's ears. The new one that began was "Gravity," by Taeyeon, and Mina closed her eyes, enjoying the instrumentals that opened the tune.

"This song was used as a soundtrack for your latest drama, wasn't it?" Nayeon remarked, and Mina opened her eyes to see the other girl's sweet smile. 

"It was," she confirmed, softly beaming at Nayeon. "I actually love this song." She could remember clearly when he told her it was a lousy song, and they should have used another one for the soundtrack.

"I love it too!" Nayeon replied, seeming happy over the little fact that they liked the same song. Mina found it endearing and giggled a bit. "I'm a huge fan of Taeyeon, she's one of my biggest role models."

"Really?" Mina asked, shyly glancing back and forth between Nayeon's eyes and the table. "I grew up listening to Girls' Generation."

"Me too!" She enthusiastically spoke, and Mina was beginning to feel contaminated by her energy. "I still own all of their albums."

Mina giggled, tilting her head a bit as she said, "So do I."

Nayeon's mouth hung open in disbelief before twisting into a grin. "I can't believe it! I've never met anyone who also collected their stuff." 

"Well, now you do," Mina answered, and she could see the other girl's gaze soften

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter