.Enchanted

How You Get The Girl | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And the Actor of The Year Award of goes to...congratulations, Myoui Mina!" 
 
What followed was the loud sound of cheers and applause, as a young woman with long brown hair stood up, her smile so big that it showcased her gums. It was one of the features the public loved the most about her.
 
Little did they know that her smile was fake. Being an actress, she learned how to do that a long time ago. What she still hasn't figured out was how to deal with all the anxiety her job brings.
 
"Myoui Mina is receiving the award for her participation in the popular romance drama Paper Rings, which skyrocketed her to fame this year," explained one of the hosts as Mina walked among dozens of cameras flashes until she was beside them.
 
She bowed, carefully receiving the prize in her hands. "Hello, I'm Mina. Thank you so much. It's both a huge honor and responsibility to be receiving this award. I'll try my hardest to deliver the best performance I can, even though I feel like I still lack a lot. Thank you to our staff and co-workers, and to all of those who've been supporting me. I'd be nothing without you."
 
She returned to her seat after another round of acclamation. Her friend and fellow actress Dahyun, who sat by her side, received her with a warm smile on her face.
 
"I couldn't be more proud of you, unnie!" Dahyun said, beaming as usual. "You're so amazing! I'm glad they appreciate your talent and hard work as they should!"
 
Dahyun is a black-haired girl who has always been a big fan of Mina's and sees her as a role model of some sort. Mina still found it cute, and now the two of them are close friends under the same company, which is owned by Dahyun's father. They were both at the Asian Artist Awards 2018, and Mina already felt exhausted. She spent most of the night forcing laughter or faking smiles.
 
But right now, Mina felt some happiness. For a moment, her heart could focus on her hard work being recognized, instead of dwelling on how heavy it's been lately. She would be lying if she said it wasn't a good feeling.
 
A few more awards were handed out, and then there was a small break before the final part of the show. "Let's head backstage, unnie?" Dahyun asked as she grabbed Mina's hand, squeezing it hard. "I'm pretty hungry."
 
The younger girl dragged Mina before she could even say anything. There was a large table offering many different dishes for the artists present. But Mina didn't feel hungry. Crowded places always took her appetite away.
 
"You go ahead. I'll wait for you here," Mina said.
 
"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Dahyun asked, concerned. 
 
Mina nodded, smiling tightly, and Dahyun squeezed her hand once more before letting go. "I'll be right back."
 
The actress sighed, nervously rubbing her arm and grabbing her cellphone to try distracting herself. There was some laughter nearby, and she discretely glanced in the direction from where she heard the sound.
 
It was a group of five girls, and she could easily recognize them. They were the biggest girl group at the moment, TWICE. She wouldn't be surprised if they won one of the biggest honors in music for the final section of the Asian Artist Award.
 
One of the girls saw her looking at them and instantly smiled, her eyes nearly flashing. Mina blushed, having been caught, she tried to avert her eyes, but it was like they were locked to the other girl's for a few instants, and only then could she return her attention to her phone's screen. 
 
She could still feel the other girl across the room walking in her direction, her silhouette getting closer and closer, to the point that Mina had to look at her again.
 
The girl was so beautiful that Mina's heartbeat slightly altered. With long, dark-brown hair tied up in a bun, and heart-shaped lips that were still curved in the same smile as before.
 
She felt nervous. 
 
"Good evening," she said, her voice as smooth as velvet. "I couldn't help but notice you all alone here."
 
"Good evening," Mina replied, apparently composed, but if you looked closely, you could see her playing with her fingers. "It would seem like you have good observation skills."
 
The other girl laughed, covering . Mina liked the sound of it.
 
"My name is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter