The Story of a Kidnapper

The Story of Mr. Obvious and Mr. Oblivious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Kyuhyun thinks that telling a few good things about Hyukjae to Donghae will magically make him like the lovesick boy then he is completely mistaken.

 

Even though Donghae is clueless and extremely dense at times, he is not stupid. Still, even if Donghae doesn’t notice people staring at him, calling him cute and simply enchanted by his godly looks, he notices those pair of almond eyes on him. He is aware of how those big eyes follow him like a hawk whenever he is in the vicinity of that person.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Donghae decides to tell Kyuhyun one day. “I don’t like Lee Hyukjae.”

 

Kyuhyun is not exactly surprised. He has noticed how Donghae has easily become close to all his friends except for Hyukjae. Kyuhyun doesn’t have to be a genius to know that his best friend isn’t fond of his new friend. Moreover, Hyukjae is too much of a chicken to talk to the love of his life.

 

“Why?” he inquires.

 

“He’s just kind of creepy,” Donghae replies. “He keeps staring at me as if he is planning my murder in his head.”

 

Far from it. Kyuhyun smirks. He finds the situation funny. If Hyukjae hears this, he will be beyond upset, besides the unnecessary overreaction is beyond his imagination.

 

“That’s maybe because he wants to talk to you.” Kyuhyun tries convincing Donghae. He has not known Hyukjae for long but he is sure that the older is not a bad person. Hopefully, Donghae sees that too.

 

“No, you’re wrong.” Donghae shakes his head. “Yesterday, I tried talking to him and asked him if he was fine. There was no reply. He was only staring at me.”

 

That stupid moron. Kyuhyun can imagine Hyukjae doing that so vividly. If this continues, the poor boy is never going to win Donghae’s heart.

 

“How did he become your friend?” The brunette inquires.

 

“I almost got run over by a car,” Kyuhyun shrugs.

 

Donghae gasps, “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine, hyung. It happened on the first day. The car was about to hit me. By the time I realized what was going on, it was already too late. I was frozen, ready for death to hit me but then a body slammed against mine and we both fell on the sidewalk.” Kyuhyun explains the incident. The memory is still very fresh.  

 

“And that was Hyukjae.” Donghae surmises.

 

“Yes. He brought me to school and then the infirmary. For the whole day, he kept on checking on me. I was grateful.”

 

Donghae hums. “Maybe he’s not that bad.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you want Donghae hyung to like you or hate you?” Kyuhyun emphasizes on ‘hate’ as he talks to Hyukjae. They are in their homeroom, waiting for the teacher.

 

“I want him to like me, to love me.” Hyukjae replies without any hint of humor.

 

“Then stop acting like a moron. Donghae hyung thinks that you want to murder him.”

 

“What?” Hyukjae is shocked. That was the most absurd thing he’s heard in his life. “Why’d he think like that?”

 

“Because you look at him as if you are planning his murder.” Kyuhyun huffs. “Those are his words.”

 

Hyukjae’s lower lip juts out and eyes turn sad. “Do I look like a murderer?”

 

“Let me see,” Kyuhyun scrutinizes him with narrowed eyes. “Yeah, somewhat.”

 

“Hey!” Hyukjae glares at him. “You’re not funny.”

 

“What are you going to do now?” The younger dismisses his comment. “Although I tried to score some points for you, I don’t think he’s entirely convinced.”

 

“I need to show him that I am a good guy.”

 

“And how are you going to do that?”

 

“I know,” Hyukjae smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae is sitting with the rest of his friends in the cafeteria. On his request, Kyuhyun has taken Donghae outside. He needs to have a serious talk with his friends in Donghae’s absence. This could be a crucial step in making Donghae like him, even a little.

 

He has already concocted a perfect plan in his head (and not a murder). All is set when his friends agree to be his accomplice. Once this plan is a success, he will be Donghae’s knight in the shining armor. They will fall in love, marry and have kids.

 

He giggles at the thought.

 

“Are you going to sit and laugh by yourself?” Ryeowook interrupts his daydreaming.

 

“Guys,” Hyukjae morphs his expressions to a completely serious one. Now it’s all work and no more play. “I need to tell you something important.”

 

“You like Donghae,” Changmin says flatly and his eyes widen comically.

 

“What?! You know?!” Hyukjae is surprised at his friend’s accurate observation.

 

“Why are you acting all surprised? Of course, we know.” Ryeowook gives him an annoyed look.

 

“What? You like Donghae?!” Yunho is the only one to react after receiving the shock. “I could have never guessed.”

 

They gave him an unimpressed look.

 

“This is the reason why Jaejoong hyung left him,” Changmin mutters under his breath but everyone hears it and they freeze.

 

Yunho gasps, eyes widening and face contorting into pain. “I-I’ll see you guys later.” He stands up and leaves in a hurry.

 

“Is he going to cry?” Sungmin wonders sadly.

 

“Ignore him.” Changmin interrupts. “I’ll take care of him later.”

 

Hyukjae feels bad. Yunho is always so caring. Sometimes he is like a kid and sometimes he is a mature adult. Changmin is always a devil and a sadist. He bets the younger is smirking internally. His inner voice is telling him to go and comfort Yunho. But this is an important matter regarding Donghae. Besides, Changmin said that he will take care of Yunho. He will trust him on that.

 

“So, as you know that I like Donghae. But Donghae doesn’t feel the same.” He admits unhappily. “I want him to see me as a good and reliable person. So I have a plan and I need your help.”

 

“What’s the plan?” Sungmin sounds interested.

 

“I need you to kidnap Donghae.” He begins.

 

“And then you will come and rescue him like a knight in shining armor?” Changmin guesses and an eyebrow. Hyukjae has to give it to the younger for reading his mind.

 

“Yes,” Hyukjae is getting excited just thinking about it. “I will beat up the bad guys and save him. Then Donghae will fall in love with me.”

 

The three become quiet.

 

“You watch too many romantic movies.” Ryeowook breaks the silence.

 

“Nice plan,” Changmin says and Hyukjae looks at him with hopeful eyes. “Count me out. I’ll go and find Yunho hyung.”

 

“What?” Hyukjae can only watch him leave.

 

“I’m not interested either.” Sungmin shakes his head.

 

Ryeowook pouts. “Looks like no one wants to be a part of it. And I don’t think I can kidnap him single-handedly. I’m shorter than him so I’m not helping you either. You’re on your own.”

 

This is not what Hyukjae has expected. In the movies, the friends agree to the hero’s plan. But his friends are so horrible, nothing like those shown in the movies.

 

He glares at them. “Fine then. I’ll go and kidnap Donghae and save him. I’ll make this plan a big success.”

 

“Best of luck,” Sungmin and Ryeowook say simultaneously.

 

“I will never forget this betrayal.” Hyukjae stands up and leaves the two.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae informs his friend as they meet in the class. “I don’t trust anyone with Donghae so I will be the one kidnapping him.”

 

“Changmin already told me that they refused,” Kyuhyun says, flicking a page of his book. “Besides, you’re the one who I shouldn’t trust with Donghae hyung. Everyone else is fine.”

 

When Hyukjae whines like a kicked puppy, Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. “I’ll help you anyway.” Hyukjae’s mood brightens up as fast as it had dropped.

 

“Thank you Kyuhyunnie, you’re the bestest friend ever. I don’t know what I will even do without you.” The older nuzzles his face on Kyuhyun’s back who moves away from the touch.                    

 

“What are you going to do? If you are abducting him then who’s going to save him?” He questions.

 

“I will save him. First, you will ask him to come to the library from the west wing. That place is usually quiet because seniors are mostly in the library or reading room. That’s when I will kidnap him and tie him. I will leave him inside the classroom. After a few minutes, when he is alone and waiting for someone to save him, I will barge in like a superman.”

 

“Nice plan,” Kyuhyun nods. “But you’re aware that-,”

 

The teacher enters the class, cutting him off. The plan isn’t very bad. But Hyukjae has to be careful or he will get in even more trouble with Donghae.

 

Hyukjae is busy thinking about executing his perfect plan. After he saves Donghae, the younger will give in to him easily. He is even imagining Donghae falling into his arms when he rescues him. He gets giddy thinking about Donghae in his arms. It feels so damn good just to imagine.

 

When it happens for real… he squeals.

 

“Lee Hyukjae,” he is shaken up by his teacher’s voice.

 

“Y-yes, sir,”

 

“It’d be good if you concentrate in the classes.”

 

“Yes, sir,” he hastily says and hides behind Kyuhyun who isn’t all surprised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae walks slowly, enjoying the view from the west wing of the campus. He’s never been there before. Although he’s glad that because of Kyuhyun, he is able to enter this part of the building, a company would have been even better.

 

Almost skipping through the empty hallways, Donghae makes his way to the library which is still far away. He knows the direction, thanks to his best friend, but still wonders if he will make it there. It’s just school and he’s not scared of getting lost or anything. Still, he hopes for reaching his destination without any help.

 

 

What happens next is as fast as lightning. He’s just passing by a classroom when the door opens and he is pulled inside. A plastic bag is shoved over his head, rendering him blind to anything happening around. Someone kicks behind his knee, not too harshly, but the shock still makes him lose his balance.

 

His heart starts beating fast.

 

Before he can use his hands to get rid of the plastic bag, they are shoved behind his back and being tied by a nylon rope. He squirms around, moving his limbs wildly until they lose free from the captor’s hold.

 

He’s expecting a kick from the back but that never happens. Instead, someone tries shoving him forward with hands. The force is weak as if a kid is pushing him. A little confused but more alert, Donghae twists and knocks the person’s legs from below him.

 

His captor is wearing a mask but the body seems oddly familiar. It’s slender, narrow waist and small sticking out in the air.

 

Getting out of there is the first thought in his mind so he stands. But a pair of gloved hands catch his foot. He tries to get away to no avail. Lastly, he distorts to delivering a kick to the mask, holding back his strength.

 

His foot is released and he dashes out of the class, running faster than he has ever done in his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Donghae?” Kyuhyun seems surprised when he meets Donghae in the library. “You’re here.”

 

“Kyuhyun,” Donghae’s eyes are wide. “You won’t believe what happened!”

 

“Wh-what?” The taller asks, his eyes curious as he tries looking at his friend up and down as discretely as possible.

 

“A bully attacked me. But thanks to Kangin’s self-defense training, I was able to escape.” Donghae says so fast that he wonders if he heard it right.

 

“What?!”

 

“Someone tried to attack me, Kyuhyun. I was so scared.” Donghae goes and hugs Kyuhyun tightly, resting his head on the taller boy’s chest.

 

Kyuhyun, setting his books aside, gently pats the dark brown hair.

 

“You beat him up, right?” Kyuhyun says softly and Donghae nods. “That’s good. You did great.”

 

Kyuhyun concentrates on the man embracing him. It feels more like dealing with a kid and wonders if Hyukjae will be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter