The Story of Meeting an Angel

The Story of Mr. Obvious and Mr. Oblivious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Story of Meeting an Angel~

 

“There’s a boy in SM High who looks like an angel, behaves like an angel but is a child at heart. That boy’s name is Lee Donghae. Also, there is a prince in the same school who has a huge crush on this boy. The prince’s name is Lee Hyukjae. It seems like a perfect love story. It would be great if Donghae actually starts returning Hyukjae’s feelings and give it a happy ending. But will Donghae’s best friend, Cho Kyuhyun help his friend Lee Hyukjae to woo Donghae? Will he give them their happiness?”

 

“Shut up!” Kyuhyun closes the huge encyclopedia with a slam and glares at the source of the nuisance. Lee Hyukjae smiles sheepishly as he sees Kyuhyun’s murderous expressions. “If you say one more word, I’m going to kill you. Do you hear me?”

 

Hyukjae nods. Angry Kyuhyun is never good. Although the tall boy looks like a calm nerd with glasses and weird hairstyle, he actually has a really nasty personality. Eunhyuk doesn’t want to end up with fish sauce in his coffee or cactus in his locker or itching powder in his underwear. He’s not been a target to any of Kyuhyun’s devious plans but he has met a few poor souls who were unlucky. But Kyuhyun denies it flatly. There are always no clues left. Unless you are a very close friend to him, you won’t see Cho Kyuhyun for the devil he is.

 

Kyuhyun is one year younger but they are in the same class because he is smart and all. That’s something Kyuhyun takes pride on. Although he tries to act modest in front of the teachers and students, only Hyukjae can see the superior look in his eyes.

 

It’s not like Hyukjae and Kyuhyun are really close to each other. They only met when the high school began.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How they met could only be described to be fate. Hyukjae was excited for his first day at school. He was practically dancing on the pavement when he saw a tall lanky boy on the middle of the road, picking something up. A car was coming at the oblivious boy like a bulldozer without any warning. Yeah, that driver didn’t even honk as if he was planning on murdering the poor soul. That’s when Hyukjae’s superhero woke up and like a scene from movies, he flew in air, taking Kyuhyun with him and they ended up at the side of the road, barely dodging the car.

 

He saved Kyuhyun’s life. Kyuhyun was alive because of him. They came to school together and Hyukjae stick to him because he was worried. Kyuhyun didn’t brush him off because Hyukjae did save his life. Everyone thought that they were good friends. They even shared the same classes. That’s how they just ended up becoming friends.

 

 Kyuhyun was nice to him at first but as time passed by, the devil inside him started to show more and more. But Hyukjae often ended up blackmailing him, reminding him how he was his life saver.

 

But that’s not how the story ended.

 

One week later, he was coming to school again, a little less in spirits as compared to the first day. This time, he again saw a boy at the middle of the road. There was no car around but still, he wanted to warn whoever it was to be careful.

 

“Hey!” Hyukjae hollered as he neared the person. “Excuse me,”

 

The boy turned to look at him.

 

That’s when Hyukjae lost his heart.

 

He never thought he had seen an angel before. But the person who was standing in front of him couldn’t be described as less than an angel. He was slightly shorter than Hyukjae. Big doe-like eyes looked at him. Chocolate brown orbs were curious and cautious at the same time. He had a straight nose, cute and sharp, while his lips were thin, pursed together. His pale complexion was almost similar to Hyukjae’s.

 

“Yes?” The boy said and the voice just killed Hyukjae. He thought he was going to drop dead.

 

He had never believed in love at first sight. But at that moment, he could say that he fell in love with the boy he just saw.

 

Unable to reply, he only stared. The cute boy was wary as he looked around wondering if Hyukjae was talking to him.

 

That’s when another voice interrupted them.

 

“Donghae?” It was Kyuhyun but Hyukjae didn’t recognize him, lost in a daze, until the cute boy said his name.

 

“Kyuhyun,” a wide smile stretched on thin lips. Hyukjae’s momentarily lost his balance, stumbling to side as if assaulted by the sight. Kyuhyun had to hold him before he fell.

 

How can someone smile so beautifully? How can he?

 

“Are you okay, Hyukjae?” Kyuhyun asked his new friend who didn’t respond.

 

“What happened to him?” The shortest of the three asked, his soft brown bangs moving as he leaned forward. Hyukjae’s breath hitched.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe a fit.” Kyuhyun pinched Hyukjae on his waist, hard.

 

“URGH!!!!!” Hyukjae screamed. “What the hell?!” He glared at Kyuhyun.

 

“So you’re alright, huh? What happened to you? Did a girl bang you too hard?” The younger raised an eyebrow.

 

Hyukjae didn’t respond. Although he was looking at Kyuhyun, he could only see that cute boy. What has happened to me?

 

“If you’re going to act like this, I’m going to leave you. I’ve told you before not to spend nights at random girls’ home. See what happened!” Kyuhyun pulled Hyukjae to the pavement. “Now I’m going to park you here. When you feel like starting, come to the school.”

 

Donghae watched the two warily.

 

“Let’s go, Donghae.” Kyuhyun put an arm on his shoulder.

 

“Are we really going to leave him?”

 

“Yes. He is always like this. It’s no problem at all.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

 

Although Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had known each other for only a week and Hyukjae had never acted like that before, Kyuhyun thought it was safe to leave the poor boy at roadside in his limbo-like state.

 

It was time to catch up with his real best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s because of you that Donghae thinks I’m a playboy.” Eunhyuk whines. “He looks at me like I’m dust and stays away from me.”

 

“He hates playboys the most.” Kyuhyun says. “And it’s not like you refuted when I said all those things. You should have defended yourself.”

 

“How could I have? I was mesmerized by him. I was in his spell. That sweet angel.” Hyukjae closes his eyes as he imagines Donghae.

 

“Shut up, you ert! That’s enough.” Kyuhyun grumbles. “It’s been a week since I’m hearing you say all these things about Donghae hyung and knowing that you are lusting after him. He’s my best friend, do you know that?”

 

“I know.” Hyukjae nears him. “That’s why I’m telling you to help me win that cutie’s heart.”

 

“Again with the ‘cutie’ thing? I’ve already told you his name so stop calling him ‘cutie’. I know he’s cute but this is too much.” Kyuhyun glares at him. He’s been hearing this from many. Hyukjae doesn’t need to join the list.

 

“Then help me win him over and I will stop. Please, I promise.” Hyukjae joins his hands together as he pleads.

 

Kyuhyun sighs in exasperation. “You’re getting yourself in trouble, I’m telling you. Donghae hyung doesn’t understand love. He’s too young for that.”

 

“You’re younger than him.”

 

“His mental level is that of a baby. I’m making this clear. Donghae hyung is dense as hell and you will need a load of convincing to show him that you are interested in him. He won’t understand that easily. Moreover, I’m telling him that you are not a player. That’s the only misunderstanding I’m clearing. After that, don’t expect any help from me. Are we clear?” Kyuhyun says with all seriousness and Hyukjae nods.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Donghae is a cute little midget who charms his way into anyone’s heart. He is one of the heartthrobs of the school, just on purer side. Almost everyone in the school already knows him. Since most of them went to the same middle school, they are aware of Lee Donghae and his friendship with Cho Kyuhyun. Perfect pair of the angel and the devil.

 

Ever since they were young, Kyuhyun has been taking care of Donghae. Before, Heechul and Leeteuk also joined them but the two older boys have already graduated and went to the city for higher education. Shindong and Kangin went to different high school. Now all Donghae has is Kyuhyun and his younger neighbors Sehun, Jongin and Chanyeol. But they are still in middle school.

 

High school is a new beginning for Donghae in several ways. First of all, he will have only Kyuhyun around. He doesn’t know how to socialize with others. But as long as he has Kyuhyun, he will be fine.

 

He remembers his hyungs teachings.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter