Chapter 1

Hey, I love you!

"...and that's all for today. You are dismissed."

The lunchtime bell rang and a crowd of students rushed out of the classroom. Dahyun and her friends Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were the last ones left in class, they were still putting their stuff back into their backpack. After they were done, they left but Dahyun told her friends she'll meet them in the cafeteria.

"I'll see you guys there, I need to use the restroom."

"Alright, see you Dahyun unnie."

 

Dahyun opened the bathroom door and immediately spotted a girl crying in the corner with her head in her knees. The blonde realised who it was.

"Nayeon unnie?"

Dahyun moved closer to Nayeon and sat down next to her, she then put her hand on the older one's shoulder and rubbed it to comfort Nayeon.

"Go away. I don't need you here." 

Dahyun suddenly hugged Nayeon which startled the older girl and she tried pushing Dahyun away but she soon calmed down and to Dahyun's surprise, returned the hug. 

"Just this time, Kim Dahyun." 

 

"Tell anyone about this and I'll slap you. I mean it." 

Then Nayeon walked away, leaving Dahyun standing in front of the bathroom door. The younger girl sighed and walked to the cafeteria where she met Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. She was about to enter the lunch line when a hand grabbed her shoulder.

"Hey cutie, wanna come with me?" 

Dahyun turned around to see one of the school jocks looking down at her. She smiled nervously. 

"Uhhhh...my friends are waiting over there." 

"Come on, I can give you a good time." 

He slid his hand down Dahyun's back, it made Dahyun very uncomfortable and she teared up when the hand suddenly stopped. 

"Let go of her you bastard." 

Dahyun turned around and saw Nayeon who had a very pissed off expression on her face, more pissed than usual. 

"And what if I don't want to?" 

The jock said in a mocking tone and pulled Dahyun to his, he then kissed Dahyun on the cheek, it made her feel disgusted and his kiss was wet. 

Nayeon growled and kicked his balls. Hard. He groaned and let Dahyun go, Nayeon kicked it again. He fell onto the ground this time and started crying. 

Nayeon grabbed Dahyun's hand and dragged her out of the cafeteria. 

"Are you crazy?! Why would you let him touch you like that, why didn't you defend yourself?!"

"I...i was scared. But thank you...for helping me." 

"Shut up, I did it cause no one else was going to to. Cowards." 

"Well, thanks anyways." 

"Just this time, Kim Dahyun." 

Dahyun tip toed to Nayeon and kissed her on the cheek which made the older girl surprised, before she could say anything Dahyun ran away, and the older girl was left touching her cheek with her hand, still surprised at the younger girl's bold action. 

 

Dahyun got on the bus and sat near the back, looking out the window. She put her earphones in and thought about everything that happened today, she comforted Nayeon in the bathroom, someone harassed her but Nayeon saved her, and she kissed her biggest crush on the cheek. She blushed at the thought of Nayeon's soft cheeks against her lips, her thoughts were suddenly interrupted. 

"Hey you're the chick from the cafeteria." 

Dahyun looked up and saw the same guy that harassed her in the cafeteria looking down at her with a smirk. He sat down next to her. 

"That Nayeon hurt me to protect you. Now you owe me...a good time." 

He whispered the last part in her ears which made Dahyun feel sick and grossed out, he put his hand on her thigh which made her wince, she shut her eyes shut and tried not to cry. 

The guy leaned in and tried to kiss her lips but he stopped. 

"BASTARD!" 

Dahyun opened her eyes and saw Nayeon looking down at the guy, and his hand on Dahyun's thigh. 

Dahyun swore she saw smoke coming out of Nayeon's ears. 

Lets just say, Nayeon beat up the guy on the bus pretty good, she grabbed Dahyun's hand and ran away. 

 

"Nayeon unnie, thank you for saving me, twice." 

"Whatever." 

"I am grateful, you know you don't have to walk me home right?" 

"Shut up." 

"Why were you crying in the bathroom today? If you don't mind me asking." 

Nayeon stopped walking. Dahyun was scared that she may have angered Nayeon by asking that, Dahyun had made the older girl mad before in the past and it was scary. 

"My parents had to leave for a business trip to America. I didn't even get to say bye to them, I rarely get to spend time with them, and they didn't even bother to say bye to me before they went." 

Dahyun placed her hand on Nayeon's shoulder. 

"Whatever it is, they love you unnie. Just know that." 

"No they don't. No one loves me." 

"Nayeon unnie..."

Nayeon turned back to look at Dahyun, the younger girl blushed when she made eye contact with her, the older girl grabbed both of her shoulders and push her to the wall. 

"What about you? Do you love me?"