2

Daddy Dongho

 

“But don’t you need someone to drive you? Kevin asked me.

I winced. That’s right. “Will you?”

“I figured I would.” He sighed and took out his phone. “Kiseop, I’ll be driving them so just wait until we get down there.” He paused. “No, you don’t have to come.” He paused again. “Try to sound less enthusiastic please. K, bye.” He hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. “Let’s go now.”

I turned quickly and gathered up a few belongings of Eli’s and mine because I wasn’t sure how long we were going to be at the hospital. “How are we going to get him out?” I asked Kevin. “He can barely walk properly.”

“Heyyy.” A groan was heard from the bed. “I caaan waaal- juss fiinee.” Eli slurred.

I shook my head at him. “No you can’t.” I spoke to Kevin. “You support one side and I’ll support the other.”

“Sounds good.” He replied.

We each grabbed an arm and hefted him up so an arm was draping each of our shoulders. It seemed like he was a bit heavier than normal, even though he looked a lot thinner than usual. I shook the thought off as we made our way out, stopping with some difficulty to put shoes on and continuing to the elevator and out to the car where Kiseop was waiting.

“You can go back now, but keep your phone on you, I’ll call you to tell you guys what’s wrong.” Kevin said while helping me put Eli in the car.

“Ok. Have fun. Bye.” With that Kiseop disappeared into the building.

Thanks for the support, I thought to myself.

I buckled Eli in as best as I could and got in next to him. Kevin got into the driver’s seat and we were off.

We sped down the streets of Seoul and made it to the hospital in no time.

I got out first and gently dragged Eli out after. Kevin and I carried him into the building just like we did out to the car. We struggled our way into the first set of doors. I looked around; luckily there were very few people there.  And then I spotted a life saver. Wheelchairs.

“Hold on a second.” I said to Kevin.

“Where-“ He was cut off by the dead weight of Eli all on him.

I moved as quickly as I could grabbing a chair and rolling it back to them. Kevin flopped Eli into the thing and he groaned a bit.

“Hey!” I said to Kevin, “Be careful with him.”

“Sorry, Sorry.” He said chuckling slightly.

“It’s not funny…” I couldn’t help it, and I giggled a little bit too.

“See it’s a little funny.” Kevin said.

“Whatever you say hyung.”

I wheeled Eli up to the front desk.

The lady glanced up at me in shock. She must have known us from somewhere. “H..how can I help you? She stuttered.

“We need to see a doctor. Obviously.” I said bluntly. “Eli here has been in a lot of pain for a while now and we can’t figure out what’s wrong.”

“Uhhmmm…” She said stupidly “I think I can get you in to see someone in a few minutes.” She clicked a few times on her computer. “Yeah! It shouldn’t be more than ten minutes. We are having a slow day today, thankfully.” She smiled and gathered a few sheets of paper “Just fill these out and give them to me when the doctor comes out.”

I gave a small smile back to her and took the papers from her and handed them to Kevin. I wheeled Eli back to the lounge area and sat in front of him.

“Why did you give these to me?” Kevin asked, standing behind me.

“You are going to fill them out.” I replied.

I heard him sigh, sit down and a pen moving ferociously. I sighed and poked Eli on the knee.

“Hnnn?” He opened his eyes and looked down at me.

“How you feeling?” I asked gently.

“Hnnnng.” He shook his head and closed his eyes again.

“It’s alright. We’ll get you better.” I laid my head on his legs and closed my eyes.

I stayed like that for a few minutes before I heard Eli’s name being called. I blinked and stood slowly stood up.

“What?”

“It’s been about twenty minutes. You fell asleep.” Kevin explained for me.

“Ahh.” I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. “We should go back with the nice doctor then.”

Kevin giggled and patted me on the back. “You’re always so cute when you wake up.”

“Shaddap.” I mumbled walking around so I could push my boyfriend after the doctor. ”Let’s go Eli.”

“Fine then I’ll just stay here then!” Kevin called after us.

I laughed and turned my head around to stick my tongue out at him.

“This room is all ready for you.” The doctor said. “I’m Dr. Lee by the way. And you’re Dongho and this is Eli I’m assuming.”

I nodded at him in affirmation.

“Good have a seat and I’ll take a look at him.” Dr. Lee said. He took out his stethoscope and listened to his heartbeat and his breathing. “Both are normal,” he told me “Can he talk?”

“Yeah.” I replied “Just wake him up and he should be able to.”

“Ok.” The doctor shook Eli a bit “You are with the doctor. My name is Dr. Lee. Dongho is with us too. Can you wake up? I need to ask you a few questions.”

Eli twitched a bit and slowly opened his eyes.

“Good!” the doctor praised. “Now where does it hurt the most?”

“My… lower stomach.” Eli told him.

“Ok. What does it feel like?”

Eli replied “Like someone… is stabbing me… from the inside out.”

“Ok thank you.” The doctor thought for a minute. “We are going to have to take an X-ray, and if no results show up on that then we’ll take a cat scan. But I’m sorry Dongho, but you are going to have to wait out in the lobby for this portion, but it’s not busy tonight so it shouldn’t take more than twenty minutes.”

“Ok.” I stood up. “I’ll be waiting.” I gave him a nervous smile and turned to Eli. “The doctor will take care of you.”

He rolled his eyes. “I know.”

I gave him a gentle hug and I went back to the lobby to wait with Kevin.

I expected him to be awake still but he was sleeping, spread across five chairs. I shook my head at him; he can fall asleep fast sometimes. I sat by his head and leaned back in the chair. I tried to relax but I couldn’t seem to. I just wanted to know what had made him this sick. As far as I knew he hadn’t done or eaten anything to make him like this.

“Umm.. Dongho?” A nurse came through the door.

“Yeah?” I quickly stood up.

“They have the… results ready.” She said. “Follow me back.”

I hurried after her. The lady seemed really nervous and jittery. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “Is something really bad wrong with him?”

She stopped in front of the same room we were in before. “Let’s just say… it will shock you.” She opened the door for me. “Dr. Lee will explain everything for you.”

I walked in the room expecting Eli still to be half dead, but that wasn’t the case. He was sitting up, eyes fully open, looking very aware of the world around him.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Yep.” He replied. “The Dr. Lee gave me a few shots and I’m feeling a ton better now.”

“Then why are we still here?”

“I can answer that for you.” Dr. Lee made his presence known in the corner of the room by a light table to look at the X-rays. “Come over here, both of you.”

I looked at Eli and he looked at me. Obviously he hadn’t been told anything because he seemed just as concerned as I was.

“Before I show you these, I’ll say congratulations.” The doctor said, confusing us even more.

The doctor but the sheets on the table and flipped the switch. “Now,” He began. “what you’re seeing here is Eli’s abdominal region.” He pointed at a small dark spot on the X-ray. “This is what I am congratulating you for.”

Eli and I looked at each other again.

“Before you ask any questions, yes, it is the beginnings of a baby.” The doctor explained to our shocked expressions.

“Eli…” I trailed off.

“We’ll schedule an ultra sound when you leave for tomorrow. It’s getting late. But for now, I’ll prescribe you some medications to keep the baby healthy in your body and to keep the pain away.” Dr. Lee told Eli. He handed him a stack of paper. “Your body isn’t meant to carry a baby so that’s why you were in so much pain, you had to force your insides to change to make room.” He nodded at us. “I’ll leave you two, but I ask that you’re out of here in ten minutes. You never know what will happen.”

The entire time he was talking I was staring at Eli. When did this happen? I had only… topped him once. And that was a while ago…

“Dongho?” Eli touched my arm. “We should get out of here.”

I turned to him. “Don’t you need time to process what happened too?”

He smiled at me and gathered me into a hug. “There is nothing to process. Im going to be a mother, even with how strange that is going to be and you’re going to be a father, which is even odder, but that’s what it is. We have to live up to those titles no matter what, For the sake of our future child and even for the future of UKiss.”

I nodded into his neck. “Let’s go.” I mumbled, “We should tell the others.”