Chapter 1

My Mother Is Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was brushing her hair when she received the call she waits to receive every day. It was 7am in London, which meant that it was 4pm in Seoul. This was the usual time she’d receive her phone call on a week day because of school. She sometimes wishes she didn’t have to go to school but you know...that’s life...sadly. As soon as her iPhone screen lit up she put her hairbrush down with the biggest grin on her face. ‘Yep this is the right and only way to start your Monday’ she thought to herself. Without sparing another second she reached for the phone and accepted the incoming call. 

 

“Hello sweetie” the person on the other line said. 

 

“Hello eomma” Jooyhun replied ecstatically. 

 

“How are you my love? Did you eat breakfast already?”

 

“Not yet eomma and I’m okay. I miss you a lot though” Joohyun replied deflated, “I was just about to finish brushing my hair and then get my stuff ready for school.”

 

“ahhh..I see. I miss you too sweetie. Make sure you’re always eating your meals okay?” Her mother said knowingly.

 

“Eomma” Joohyun whined into the phone. “This week we have exams and I’m very nervous. I wish you were here with me”.

 

“Sweetie. I know you’re nervous, but you’ve got this. You are smart, strong, brave and I believe in you. Just do your best okay? Don’t be scared and if you don’t get the highest grade, as long as you know that you did your best, than that’s all that matters. I won’t be disappointed if you don’t get the highest grade because you are the best in my eyes” and her Mum was right. Joohyun was smart, hence why she is going to school on the other side of the world from her mum.

 

“Eommaaaa” Joohyun frowned. “Thank you. I just really miss you and the nerves don’t help. I will try my hardest and I can’t wait until this week is over because it means I’ll see you soon right?”

 

Her mum laughed on the other line “Yes sweetie. You will see me soon and then we’ll celebrate you getting through these exams. Okay?.

 

“Yes” Joohyun beamed. “We can go to that really good Japanese barbecue” she said excitedly.

 

Joohyun and her mother began to talk about their weekends for the next half an hour until someone shouted out for Joohyun. “Joohyun! Breakfast is ready. Hurry down so you’re not late for school!”

 

“I’m coming coming Grandma! Joohyun shouted down. Her attention then went back  to her phone “Eomma I have to go now, I will message you throughout the day”.

 

“Okay sweetie. Eat well okay? Have a good day, you will do amazing this week. I will try and call you when you finish school. I love you.”

 

“Thank you eomma. You have a good day too. I love you lots too. Bye”

 

“Bye sweetie.” her mum replied and Joohyun ended the call.

 

Joohyun made her way downstairs and greeted her grandma with a warm hug and smile. “Good morning grandma. Yum. The food smells good”

 

“Thank you dear. Did you have a good talk with your mum?” Joohyun’s grandma replied as she dished out Joohyun’s food and place it orderly on the table.

 

“Hm. I did.” Joohyun replied already digging into her meal. “I’m really excited to see her in ten days. I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since I last saw her” Joohyun continues to speak with a slight frown.

 

Joohyun’s grandma sat down opposite Joohyun with her own food in her hand. She placed a hand softly over one of Joohyun and said, “It must be really hard for you isn’t it dear? You are strong. Don’t worry you will be able to spend all the time in the world together once you finish school.”

 

Joohyun gave a soft smile and replied “Thank you grandma, you’re the best. I’m thankful to be here with you because spending time with you and the rest of the family distract me from getting upset about not seeing her. It’s just sometimes I wish I could have all the most important people to me close together, you know”

 

Joohyun’s grandma then said “Yes dear, I understand. You will figure it out soon. Now stop wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter