10:30PM, Thursday, November 7th, 2019

Fan's Diary: IZ*ONE Vote Manipulation Scandal

After last night’s news, so many variety shows have cancelled their episodes with IZ*ONE. First came the announcement from “Idol Room”, then the announcement from “My Little Television”. Even worse, IZ*ONE have officially announced the postponement of BLOOM*IZ’s release, as well as its comeback showcases.

 

It’s heartbreaking to see. What crime, what sin, did the 12 members commit to deserve this? All twelve had come so far and through so much suffering to achieve their dream, and now this scandal could ruin it all. Years of pain and sweat, all wasted because of this one controversy. I thought of the words I said to Ji-hyeon when the PD was arrested.

 

“No matter what, I will stay by IZ*ONE’s side.”

 

I took out the 12 pendants from their chest and arranged them on my dressing table. After staring at them for what seemed like an eternity, I quietly recited Chaewon’s line from “Violeta”,

 

“I’ll protect you. I’ll shine brightly on you.”

 

It was true. In this dark night that IZ*ONE had just entered, the people IZ*ONE would need most was WIZ*ONE. As part of the fandom, I knew it was now my duty to protect IZ*ONE, to become their light, and most importantly, to support them through this hard time.