Introductions

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! Sorry for the long wait for this chapter. It was difficut for me to write. I'm still not used to Super Junior being the main characters. The... transition from my old fandom to this new one has been challenging, mentally and emotionally. And even in my writing, it's difficult. 

I can't say that I'm completely satisfied with how this chapter turned out. It feels... blah. But I have to write and practice if I want to imrpove and get the hang of it...

 I took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled it, trying to calm myself down as I looked up at the tall building in front of me.

Today was the day that I get to meet Super Junior.

After winning the raffle, I received an email informing of the day and time that I should go to SM to meet Super Junior and to plan for the day with a member and the day with Super Junior as a whole.

And that’s how I found myself standing front of the SM building today.

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. “Nervous” didn’t even begin to describe how I felt. My heart was pounding erratically in my chest. My palms were getting sweaty. My legs felt weak and ready to collapse. Panicked thoughts kept running my mind.

What will it be like to meet Super Junior?

What will planning for my outing days with them be like?

Most importantly, will they like me?

I glanced at my wristwatch. It was 10 minutes before the time had to be there. I needed get myself together and just get in there. I shouldn’t be late. That wouldn’t make a good first impression.

I forced myself to go into the building. I let the receptionist at the lobby know why I was there, thankful that I took Korean classes years ago and was at least competent in the language. I was then guided to what I assumed to be a meeting room.

I knocked on the door, and it was immediately opened. The lady who opened it quickly ushered me inside.

And my heart stopped at the sight in front of me.

The room was a bit on the small side, and there were various people in suits cramped around a small table. Staff members littered other spaces in the room. And there, at the very back of the room, the Super Junior members stood together.

I felt faint.

And it was a miracle that I only felt faint and haven’t literally fainted yet.

“You must be the raffle winner,” the lady who let me in said with a bright smile.

I shyly nodded. I kept my focus on her, positive that if I met the stares that I could just feel Super Junior was sending to me, I would really faint.

“Well, it’s very nice to meet you. I’m Lee Sooyoung” the lady said, offering me her hand, which I quickly shook. 

The business people in suits and the staff also let out various forms of greetings, and I bowed respectfully to them as Sooyoung quickly explained who they were.

Then, Sooyoung gave me a grin as she waved a hand toward Super Junior. “And of course I don’t think I have to tell you who these guys are?”

I felt my cheeks turn red as I forced myself to look at Super Junior. Even if I obviously knew who they were (duh, what’s the point of me being here in the first place, right?), Super Junior, as polite as ever, still introduced themselves to me.

Leeteuk, as the leader, stepped forward and said, “We are Super Juni-”

“-or!” the members all finished together, raising their hands in their standard sign.

I was soooo tempted to squeal and spazz, but I had to at least maintain some illusion that I’m not 100% insane, right? I didn’t want the board committee to cancel the event due to my insanity and inability to contain my fangirling.

It was hard work to not spazz out in front of the boys.

But I somehow managed.

There’s nothing I could do to stop the -eating grin spreading across my face, though. I made a quick prayer, hoping I didn’t look too manic with this ridiculously huge smile on my face.

Leteeuk, of course, was the first to walk to me and quickly shake my hand saying, “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Leeteuk!”

Even shaking his hand for a few short seconds felt so surreal. 

And the surrealness of the experience had really just begun. Following their leader, the other members also greeted me and introduced themselves one by one.

I felt like fainting—and not out of fangirling but of feeling intimidated—when the second eldest was in front of me. I took in a deep breath as Heechul reached out his hand.

“Hello,” he said politely, a small smile on his face. I managed a small smile in return. Holy hell, Heechul really was beautiful. There’s no other word for it—the man was truly beautiful. Even more so up close and face-to-face.

I wasn’t going to deny that the diva intimidated me, though. I only let out my breath again when Heechul moved away to let the next member greet me.

Gathering my bearings from being intimidated by Heechul, I turned to the next member.

Yesung.

Now, this was a complete opposite of the intimidation that I felt from Heechul. Yesung walked the few steps to me while keeping his eyes on the ground. He really was an introvert who was shy with strangers in face-to-face encounters. Upon reaching me, he finally glanced up at my face.

I couldn’t help the warm smile that spread to my face. He’s not my bias, but there really was something about him.

My smile coaxed a gentle and shy smile from him as well.

“Hello,” he said quietly in that low, husky voice of his. “I’m Yesung. It’s very nice to meet you.”

“It’s very nice to meet you, too, Yesung-ssi.”

And we shook hands.

And both his and my eyes widened in surprise at that spark of electricity as our hands touched. Totally cliché, I know, but the warmth from holding his hand spread across my arm to my body, making me feel all warm inside. I blushed as our eyes met, both a bit confused and a bit overwhelmed by that spark.

And we let go of each other’s hands.

Yesung stood awkwardly in front of me for a few seconds. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he was confused. Then, he seemed to remember the situation and quickly moved away so that next member could greet me.

Meeting the rest of the Super Junior members went on. And the greetings were quite varied. Some were polite and proper (Shindong and Siwon). Others were very warm and friendly as they greeted me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter