Old Toys, New Toys.

Lay Down Beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an understatement to say that Yixing liked having Yifan’s hands on him. Not even necessarily in an way, but just, damn, his hands. Yifan was also aware of Yixing’s preference. So Yifan had his hand around Yixing’s waist throughout pretty much the entire evening of their second date, which was spent enjoying the university band concert. But as much as Yixing liked it, he was also so sensitive and especially when Solbin was in sight, he could tell from Yifan’s body language how on guard and possessive he was being.

“I know what you’re thinking, but Solbin and I are just friends,” Yixing whispered his reassurance in Yifan’s ear after the performance. “And I’m yours. You think I’d have forgotten that?”

Yifan gazed at Yixing silently, conscious of the disheartening reason why he just could not let his guard down. Why would he ever be good enough to have Yixing all to himself, when Yixing could have anybody he wanted, like Mijoo did?

“Really good friends,” Yifan stated, trying to sound neutral rather than show his disappointment and fears. “And for such a long time.”

“While that’s true, that’s also precisely why she and I are both certain that we could never work well together romantically. And I assure you she absolutely supports us as a couple,” Yixing replied softly, grabbing Yifan’s other hand. “Come on. Smile for me. You brought me here so we could have a blast. I am having fun and I want you to be having fun too!”

Yifan broke into a smile at Yixing’s childlike delight. Perhaps Yixing was easy to please but goodness, Yifan loved putting thought and effort into pleasing Yixing and making him happy.

“Hey, I hope I’m not interrupting?” Chanyeol came along, fixing his cap awkwardly. “Dang it, I hate being the only single potato in our producer trio.”

“Not my problem,” Yifan teased. “Wassup?”

“Oh, some of the band members and their friends are gonna go for hot pot; you guys wanna join too? Or already preoccupied with something steamier than that?” Chanyeol chuckled.

The couple exchanged glances. “I’m hungry,” Yixing declared, and Yifan agreed immediately. It would be a nice opportunity to mingle with aspiring musicians anyway.

“We’d love to come with. Where’s Baekhyunee?” Yifan asked.

“Oh, speak of the devil,” replied Chanyeol. Baekhyun was approaching from a flight of stairs that led to the back of the stage, and he was hand in hand with Solbin. She looked a bit flustered but was nevertheless grinning from ear to ear, looking even happier than if she had won the lottery.

“My dudes! I have some good news to share,” Baekhyun beamed, b with happiness that certainly made him glow.

“Are you getting a nose job?” Yifan joked.

“Are you getting fired?” Chanyeol chimed in.

“Are you getting married?” Yixing decided to join the fun and piped up too.

Baekhyun snorted and shook his head. “That’s too predictable. What I want to announce is that Solbin and I are together. Like, officially. For real.” He turned back to Solbin and smiled heartily, unable to contain his mirth.

The three men clapped and cheered for the new couple, but agreed that that was actually the most predictable outcome. “Guess you gotta treat us all to a meal now,” Yixing smiled proudly at Solbin. Even Yifan was genuinely happy for Baekhyunee and, on top of that, relieved at this affirmation that Solbin was truly taken. Not that he did not believe Yixing when he said that he and Solbin could never be a couple. He did believe Yixing, but between that and being fully able to trust someone...was a long way to go.

Jung Mijoo had 99 problems and while finding someone to warm her bed was not one of them, trying to making her marriage work certainly was. She had just gotten into an argument with her wife who had been asking for a divorce. Usually Mijoo would be able to pacify her and tell her the sweet lies she wanted to hear, then have makeup and call it a day. This time, her wife could absolutely not be reasoned with, and that got on Mijoo’s nerves sure enough. She needed to get some air, and decided to drive around for a bit to clear her mind. And soon enough she witnessed something that could really effectively divert her attention away from her marital qualms.

That unmistakable figure and rainbow hair in the distance that Mijoo had caught sight of could only belong to the one and only Oh Sehun. Damn, she thought to herself as she thought of her wife and all the men and women that she had been with before, I really do have a thing for models.

“Isn’t it way past your bedtime, baby boy?” She commented mockingly to herself, instinctively glancing at the Rolex watch on her wrist.

Unfortunately for her, S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter