We Found Each Other

We Found Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Week Later

Not knowing where to go, I chose to rest on a bench near the church. The atmosphere here is so calm with the breeze that sometimes drops dry leaves snaking in the air.

Not far from my place there is a bus stop, so it is not difficult to see the buses that are coming. Around the church is an office area, so don't be surprised if this church isn't too big because it's only used by employees whose offices are around here. I just put in a number of job applications there. In my hand there are still a few envelopes for applications, some of which I have put into several companies in this office area. I just hope I can get a job back for my living expenses.

Not long sitting and enjoying the wind that feels soothing, someone sits beside me. At first I did not care and did not want to turn towards the person but that I could not do because the person seemed to keep staring at me. I turned around and found someone wearing a black hoodie, sunglasses and a mask that was also black. Looks like someone is hiding from something.

"Jessica, is that you?" Said the stranger.

How could she know my name, I didn't even know who the stranger was. I turned around once more, and it turns out the stranger next to me is Tiffany. She took off her mask and glasses for a moment just to show who she was and put back on the attributes earlier.

"What are you doing here?"

I honestly didn't expect to see her in a place like this. When I stopped working, I never heard from her again, my loyal customer. Finally our meeting when she cried in the VIP locker room. I hope she's fine because I never heard from the TV because I didn't have that square thing in my little apartment.

She seemed leaning back on the back of a park bench. Her gaze was on the church not far from our place, she put her hands into his hoodie pocket, it felt like my question was too heavy for her to answer.

"My agency's office is near here. And I just visited the church to pray for my mother, so ... that she will be happy with God there "her voice seemed so slow and I was very surprised to just find out if her mother had gone forever.

"Sorry I didn't know," I said simply but actually there were many things I wanted to say including asking if she was okay so far.

"Don't be so formal Jessica ..." she said,

Then She turned to me, I did not know through her glasses whether she was looking at me or if she was crying. I was only able to dare myself to approach her who sat at the very end of the park bench and sat next to her.

"Sorry if I am presumptuous"

I took off her glasses and sure enough her eyes filled with tears. I could not see it, could not see tears that much because I know it must be very painful, I have felt the loss many times and know very well that loss is really so painful that it feels like there is no oxygen that can be inhaled.

I wiped the tears that kept falling from her cheeks. I just tried to calm her down by saying various things but it didn't seem to bear fruit until finally I hugged her, hugged the artist, hugged my loyal customers. Her body was very thin, I don't know if she was very thin like that or maybe because she hadn't seen her in a long time. And who knows how long she held her until she could not hear her sobs again. She rested her head on my shoulder and looked like someone who was sleeping so I didn't move at all.

But her voice suddenly broke the silence that was "Jessica, I once visited the outlet store where you work and they said that you had stopped, because ..." she stopped as she looked at me quite deeply.

I thought she was asleep but apparently not. She smoothed her sitting position and now doesnt hug me anymore, she opened the mask to cover and her glasses have also not been put back since she cried from earlier so that shows her eyes are still swollen. She paused for a moment and looked at me with a sad look, maybe the influence of her cry earlier. My hand was grabbed and held tightly.

"Your sister died right Jessica?" She asked and looked back sad expression on her face while I might just put on a flat face.

"Yeah right ..." I stopped for a moment, breathing slowly and she seemed to be waiting for me to continue my words.

"Because of that, I am very aware of what loss feels like. I even lost all my family members and only I survived. Even though it's hard, you also have to stay up, all humans will feel a loss, but loss is like a separation, every meeting there will definitely be a separation. Those who have left have been destined like that and those of us who are still alive have also been destined like that. Tiffany, whatever happens, dont be too long dissolved in sadness because I'm sure your mother must have been happy with God there and she would be sad if you see you continue to cry over her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter