Chapter 13

Avengers of Kpop

Lisa and Ten finally went to Thailand together with Bambam. Nichkhun waited for them at the airport upon their arrival.

Nichkhun: Hi. Long time no see. How have you been?

He said as he welcomed them with a hug.

Bambam: Home sweet home!

Ten breathed the air in Thailand. He missed it as well.

Lisa: Let's go guys!

Nichkhun brought his car with him and they all took a ride in it.

They all agreed to go home in their residences and will meet up again on the next day to visit some places they missed.

Ten finally arrived in front of their house as the three bid goodbye to him. Her mom happened to go out of the house and was surprised to see his smiling son in front of her.

Ten's mom: Ohh you didn't say anything that you are going home today.

She said while embracing him tightly.

Ten: Surprise? Haha. I'm here mom. I missed you.

Her mom then looked at him while touching his face.

Ten's mom: Hmmm you're so thin. My son is so hardworking. Don't worry, I'll cook your favorite food for dinner.

Her mom dragged him inside their house and Ten just missed the atmosphere around.

On the other hand, Lisa finally arrived home. She misses her family so much. She looked around the gate after hitting the doorbell.

"Who is it?"

"Mom?"

"Oh my! Is that you dear?"

Lisa showed herself in front of the camera and waved.

Nichkhun: Alright. See you tomorrow, Lisa. I'll have to drop Bambam now.

Lisa: Yes. Thanks a lot!

The gate immediately opened as she went in with her things. Her mom greeted her and hugged her tightly.

Lisa's mom: I thought you were busy with something?

Lisa: Yeah we were. We just came back from Paris with a special project. But I requested leave prior to that event. Chittapon and Bambam came here with me. Nichkhun fetched us at the airport earlier.

Lisa's mom: Ohhh it's good that your Thai friends are also here. Until when are you going to stay?

Lisa: Only for three days, mom. Just a quick getaway and of course to see you and dad.

Lisa's mom: Speaking of your stepdad, he'll gonna be here a few minutes from now.

Lisa: Oh right. He's at the restaurant, right?

A car honk was heard outside their house. It was her stepdad driving their car. Lisa hid just behind the door at the entrance.

Lisa's stepdad: Work is very exhausting today.

Lisa heard his dad's voice and footsteps going inside their house. Then she suddenly appeared in front of him

Lisa: Hi dad!!

She greeted him with a wide smile and hugged him.

Lisa's stepdad: My dear, you're here. Ohhh I'm so glad to see you. We missed you a lot.

Lisa: Yeah, me too. 

Their home became lively again with Lisa's presence.

That night, she checked on her emails and messages. 

There was an important announcement in their group chat about their upcoming live performances for "Twist" in Music Bank.

Lisa: Right. SuperW fighting!

So before she took a bath and did her night time routine, she reviewed and danced to their debut song in her room.

 

The next day, Nichkhun fetched the three Thai idols and went to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha  which is their first destination. 

Nichkhun: Our visit is just in time. There aren't a lot people today.

He said while parking the car.

Bambam: How did you know that there aren't a lot of people?

Nichkhun: I have an informant but just for sure, let's wear our caps, alright?

The three of them nodded then went out of the car. They went in the area and it's true there aren't a lot of people that day. The weather was also good.

Ten: Wow. This place calms my mind.

Lisa: Me too. 

Bambam: Guys, let's take a picture.

Then he took a group pic using his phone.

Bambam: Uhm, Lisa, do you know those men who are following us?

They turned around and saw five men who are just close to them and they looked foreign.

Lisa sighed and waved to them.

Lisa: Don't worry. I know them. My dad sent them just to be sure of our security. He messaged me when we were in the car.

Ten: Hmm, oh well it can't be helped. We are with Blackpink's Lisa Manoban.

Ten said while distancing himself a bit and looked at her teasingly.

Lisa: Heyy that's not it, Chittaphon.

Bambam: Haha you are our only girl here.

Nichkhun: They're not those annoying bodyguards, right?

Lisa: Oh no. They are not. They're just chill.

The three men looked at them who were also enjoying the view while still keeping an eye at her.

Ten: Alright then. We'll also help in keeping an eye on you.

He said looking at her with a smile while putting his hand on her head. Lisa looked at him suspiciously.

Bambam: Well let's just don't mind them. Let's enjoy today!

They walked around the temple and enjoyed the scenery. Some people did recognize them and asked for pictures with them.

After that, they went to their second destination at Khao Yai National Park.

Bambam: Woah. The place is well-maintained.

Nichkhun: Yeah. The animals look healthy too.

They went to the waterfalls then watched various animals like elephants and bears.

Lisa: Waahh nature. This is so good.

Ten looked around and smiled. It has been quite a while since he's been here. 

Nichkhun: Guys there's a new corner for the photobooth. Let's go!

The foreign bodyguards went with them for crowd control since there were a lot of people in the souvenir corner.

The Thai friends successfully had their pictures together and immediately left the Park.

Bambam: Phew! Your bodyguards are just in time, Lisa.

Lisa: Yeah. There were a lot of people.

Nichkhun: Sorry guys. That Park has a lot of people these days. What happened earlier can't be helped. 

Ten was apparently answering a call from her mom and he was smiling happily afterward.

Ten: Guys, mom is preparing food tonight. I'm inviting you guys for dinner at home.

Nichkhun: Really? Wow.

Lisa: Yey! That's great!

So they just went for a little shopping for their fellow members in Korea then they immediately went to Ten's house.

Ten: Hi mom!

Ten greeted her with a hug. Nichkhun, Lisa, and Bambam just followed. 

Ten's mom: How did your day go?

Ten: It was great. We just went to some places. Now, we're really excited to taste your cooking.

Ten's mom: You silly boy. Come. Take a seat in the dining area. The food is ready.

His mom prepared a lot of food that night. They were surprised.

Ten: Wow.

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ " Ten's sister came down from upstairs and brought a chocolate cake as everyone sang with her. Ten blew the candle and ate dinner.

Ten: Thank you mom and sis. 

Ten's sister: Sure. Though it's late, it's a good thing to still celebrate since you're home today.

She and his mom hugged him after that. The three Thai idols felt very touched by the moment.

Lisa: You got a very warm family, Chittaphon.

She said while eating. Ten was just seated beside her.

Ten: Yeah. They are. That's why I'm always excited every time I have a chance to go home. Thank you, Lalisa.

He said thanks with a genuine smile towards her and puts his hand on her shoulder. She was overwhelmed with his thanks and just smiled in return.

Lisa: Sure. You're so cheesy. 

Ten: Haha really? I'm just being myself. You'll get used to it.

After that, they took a lot of pictures together and with Ten's family. They were talking about some stuff while eating. 

Nichkhun, Bambam, and Ten's sister were talking about current issues and ideas for business at that time while Ten's mom went to the kitchen to get a pitcher of water.

Lisa then received a message. It says she was invited to be a mentor in Youth with You Season 2 in China which will be two months from now. Her eyes widen upon knowing it and had a deep thought.  She already heard and seen a clip of this before online. She just didn't expect it.

Ten: Hey!

Ten snapped in front of her.

Lisa: Huh?

Ten: You were staring blankly earlier.

He said while running his hand through his black hair. He was resting his head on one hand while facing her this time.

Lisa: I got a big invitation. Don't tell anybody, okay?

She showed the message to him and Ten felt excited.

Ten: Wow. That's big time.

Lisa: Yeah. It is. It's just that I don't really know Chinese very well.

Ten: I can teach you some Chinese.

Lisa: Really?

Ten: Yeah. But I'm not an expert, okay? My brothers in WayV just taught me a lot.

Lisa: It's really, really okay for me. I just don't like that there will be a language barrier.

Ten: Yeah. I can relate. I'll send you some pdf files with the basics when we get back in Korea so you can study.

Lisa: Yay! Thank you, Ten!

He just smiled towards her and was just looking at her. She became conscious and her brows met.

Lisa: Is there something on my face?

Ten: No, not really. Your new hair color just suits you well with your bangs parted.

He said while reaching to her hair and fixed it a bit. She felt awkward when he did that. He just smiled at her and stood up as she helped his mom serve water on their glasses.

 

 

SuperW had their first-ever live performance in Music Bank with "Twist." And as expected, it was a success. Their video garnered a million views in just an hour and it became trending in social media.

Backstage after their performance, they did a group hug and happiness was on their faces.

Irene: Congratulations to us guys! Our first live performance at Music Bank was really great!

Solar: Yeah. I was really nervous but I overcome!

Taeyeon: Good job everyone!

Mina: Yes! Let's do our best in the next live performances! 

Water was served as they took a seat to rest before changing their clothes at the dressing room.

A few minutes later, someone knocked and a delivery surprised them which was handed delivered by one of the bodyguards.

BoA: Who ordered food girls?

Everyone shook their head and some didn't have an idea.

BoA: Uhm, are you sure, sir? Maybe the other groups ordered it.

Bodyguard: Yes ma'am. This delivery is specifically for you.

BoA: Oh alright.

Then the bodyguard just placed it inside and left. Taeyeon opened one of the paper bags and she found a note.

"Fighting SuperW! We're cheering for you! Congrats!"

That was the message. BoA was surprised when he flipped the note.

Taeyeon: Oh my!

Solar went and saw the picture. "Is that SuperM?" The moment Solar said that, the others went near too.

Mina: Huh? What about them?

Taeyeon: They delivered food for us?

Irene: Really? That's so thoughtful of them.

The delivery was composed of a variety of fruits they can choose from.

Solar: This is nice for us to get lighter and not bloated.

Lia: Do I need to get lighter, unnie?

Solar: Oh not you Lia. You need... chicken meat and muscle toning exercises.

Lisa: That's right. You need the right amount of meat. You're so thin, young lady.

Jennie: Yeah. Don't worry. I'll teach you my diet as well.

Lia: Right. Thank you unnies!

After that, BoA did an evaluation of their live performance and some areas to improve on to some members.

 

 

Kai: Hyung!

Kai was calling Baekhyun for the third time already since he still didn't respond.

Baekhyun: What? What is it?

Kai: Hmmm, you're not paying attention. What are you thinking? 

Baekhyun: Nothing.

He said and just kept his phone in his pocket.

Kai: Hmmm I was asking you if you already heard the solo tracks of Suho hyung.

Baekhyun: Oh about that. Yes of course. He did great with it. 

Kai: I think so too. Your teaching really is effective.

Baekhyun: I just want to help. You guys are like brothers to me already.

He was alarmed when he received a text message. It was from Taeyeon.

"Thank you for the fruits. We really appreciate it. Our regards to SuperM." 

Then she sends him a photo with SuperW holding the fruits they gave them.

Baekhyun: Kai look at this. 

Kai: Ohh they finally received our congratulatory gift. That's good.

Baekhyun was smiling while replying and Kai noticed it.

Kai: Hyung, why are you smiling?

Baekhyun looked at him then back on his phone again.

Baekhyun: Really? I am a smiling person all the time, Kai. 

Kai: Tsss. You can't trick me. FYI, Mark told me what happened when you visited her father's wake.

He then looked at him immediately. "What are you talking about?"

Kai: He said you have some kind of connection and chemistry that was still there.

Baekhyun just laughed and shook his head. "Why won't we have a connection? We need that since we're singers."

Kai: And ex-lovers?

Baekhyun: Don't push it. Taeyeon and I are just friends now. Speaking of, I heard Jennie still hates you, haha!

Kai: Geez, Hyung. That needs a complete miracle. I wanted to talk to her so badly to clear things up but she just doesn't.

Baekhyun: You know what maybe she just needs time. Just let her be for now.

Kai: Yeah. Hopefully.

Kai just sighed and went out of the music room for a while. 

Baekhyun replied to her shortly.

"You're welcome. SuperW Fighting! :)"

He also thought how she was doing after he almost collapsed from fever during his father's wake.

"How are you? Are you well now?"

He was having second thoughts of whether to send it or not but sent it after a few minutes of thinking.

"I'm feeling better. I apologize for what happened."

"It's okay. Rest if you need to. Don't overwork yourself."

"Yes. Thank you. You sound like a mentor just now, sunbae XD"

He felt embarrassed when she called her sunbae.

"Haha what is this? I'm just giving reminders. You are supposed to be the sunbae here since you're my senior."

"Just kidding. Thanks again, sunbae haha."

"Haha take care, Ms. Taeyeon."

Taeyeon's brows met upon his reply. She feels like an old lady.

Taeyeon: Here he goes again with the "Miss"

She uttered and just puts her phone in her pocket.

 

 

On the other hand, Kai saw Mark walking in the corridor and he suddenly remembered something.

Kai: Hey Mark!

Mark looked around and saw him. He just waved at him while walking towards Kai.

Mark: Hyung, how are you?

Kai: I'm okay, bro. Are you guys busy?

Mark: Sort of. But we're already done for today.

Kai: Oh that's good. By the way, can you teach me some techniques so that I can learn English easily?

Mark was somewhat surprised by his question but didn't think much about it.

Mark: Sure. Let's grab a snack in the cafeteria and I'll tell you.

So they went to SM's cafeteria. Mark was teaching Kai easy techniques so that he can catch up to English speaking. Kai took notes through his phone.

Kai: Oh wow. Thank you, bro. There's really an advantage growing up in an English country like in your case.

Mark: Yeah there is really an advantage since you get to adopt with the accent. I grew up in Canada so I adopted the way they talk in English.

Kai: Oh right. Maybe it's exciting growing up in Canada or other countries.

Mark: Hmmm it is, Hyung. My childhood was fun. I get to play with a few kids in the neighborhood.

Kai was getting a clue that Mark might spill the beans about his childhood this time so he set up his recorder on his phone.

Kai: Really? That's fun. Do you happen to communicate with them until now?

Mark: Yes, I actually met with my two best friends when we had our tour in Canada just recently. They are also Korean but grew up in Canada.  

Mark then thought for a while.

Mark: There was a little girl in our neighborhood back then and she was one of the reasons I was inspired to become an artist. She really has a nice voice. She used to teach me vocalization and hit some high notes but it was just wasn't my kind of thing. It still did help in my rapping.

Kai hit the jackpot but calmed himself from reacting.

Kai: Is she also in Canada right now?

Mark: I'm not sure. My best friends said that she moved out with her family during middle school and they have no clue where they went.

Kai: Hmmm maybe she's already a professional singer now if she has that talent. Technology nowadays is a great help if you're searching for a person.

Mark looked at him and smiled while taking a sip on his drink.

Mark: I won't be surprised about that, hyung. You're right but I just hardly remember her real name. 

Kai: That's too bad.

Mark: But if I'm not mistaken, I used to call her... Julia. She's also Korean but that's her English name.

Kai: That's okay bro. You two will meet again someday.

Mark just nodded with a hopeful expression.

Mark: Hyung, I gotta go. Just message me if you have questions, okay?

Kai: Alright, bro. Thanks a lot.

When Mark left already, he picked his phone and saved the recorded audio.

Kai: He's so open and spontaneous. I think I won't have a hard time getting information for them.

He immediately sent the audio to Lisa. 

Lisa received the audio file with a message from Kai saying "I got information from Mark."

Her eyes widened upon reading it and pulled Jennie who was just beside her. They were at their apartment and was just resting.

Lisa: Look.

Jennie read the message and looked at her.

Jennie: Oh... that's fast.

Lisa quickly downloaded the file as both of them listened through the earphones.

The girls looked at each other after they heard the whole audio file.

Lisa: Oh my Gosh! I just can't believe this! Ahhhh!

Jennie: Sshhh! Lower down your voice, Lisa.

Lisa: But wait, is Lia and Julia just one person? Or she's a different person?

Jennie just shrugged her shoulders.

Lisa immediately called Lia for them to meet up for dinner. She just came from their meeting with their manager. The three of them met up in a snack bar.

Lia: Hi unnies!

Jennie: Hi Lia. How are you?

Lia: I'm good. So what's the important thing that you want to tell me?

Lisa quickly showed her the message Kai sent to her then let her hear the audio file. Lia's eyes widened and she was surprised.

Lia: Is this...Mark and Kai talking?

Her unnies both nodded as she continued to listen. She had this shocked expression afterwards.

Lisa: So the question is... are you the Julia he's talking about?

Lia: Wait, you told Kai oppa about it? Now I'm more embarrassed.

Lisa: Well, yeah. I asked him for a favor to get information about Mark.  But rest assured he will not tell anyone.

Lia looked at her unnies with mixed expression and worry. Lisa held her hand.

Lisa: You know we're really rooting for you guys to reunite!

Lia just smiled and held Lisa's hand in return.

Lia: My English name is Julia. That is where my stage name 'Lia' was derived.

Jennie and Lisa: What?!

Lia just nodded. 

Lisa: Awwee. So you really used to teach him how to sing?

Lia: Yeah. And in return, he taught me how to dance. It's still something I'm working on right now since singing is my first passion. I auditioned for SM before but my parents didn't like it there. He already with NCT 127 at that time so we didn't really meet. I auditioned with JYP Entertainment two years after and got accepted there.  

Jennie: Oh wow.

Lia: I focused more on my studies before pursuing this career now.

Lisa: That's a good choice you got there. School first before career.

Lia: Yeah. I actually became a fan of NCT 127 while I was studying even though there were a lot of them. They are so synchronized together. I've seen how Mark really improved with his breathing when he's singing or rapping. 

Lisa and Jennie looked at each other with a smile on their faces.

Jennie: You know what, I believe you are really destined with SuperW.

Lisa: I agree. You see, we got some interactions with SuperM and Mark is there. It's like you were meant to meet at this time.

Lia: I'm quite embarrassed and shy whenever he's around, unnie. I don't know.

Lisa sighed and pressed something on Jennie's phone.

Lisa: Don't worry, we got you.

Lia: Huh?

Lisa: It's nothing. I mean we'll support you. We got your back.

Lisa smiled suspiciously that made Jennie wonder while Lia just smiled innocently.

When they went back to their apartment, Jennie finally spoke up.

Jennie: You're planning something, aren't you?

Lisa looked at her and shrugged her shoulders.

Lisa: Ssshhh. I recorded our conversation earlier.

Jennie: What? That's insane. 

Lisa: I'm helping our little sister out. Don't worry I got this covered.

Jennie: Okaaayy. That's on you, sis. I'm hands off with that.

Lisa: No you're not. 

She then got Jennie's phone and pressed on something.

Jennie: What are you doing?

Lisa: I'm sending the audio file to Kai. I used your phone to record earlier's conversation.

Jennie: What?!

Lisa: Sent.

Jennie: I hate you.

Lisa: I love you more.

She sent a flying kiss to her while going to the kitchen. Jennie puts her hand on her forehead upon seeing the audio file being sent already. After a few minutes, her phone beeped. It was Kai.

"Hey. Thanks for this. So what's the plan?"

Jennie: Lisa, Kai replied. He's asking what's the plan?

Lisa: Tell him that we'll be needing his help with this. We'll tell him soon.

"We need your help with this. We'll let you know soon."

"Sure. Copy that. :) Just let me know." 

'What's with the smiley?' she thought but just ignored it.

"Okay. Thanks."

Kai was actually more surprised that Jennie was already talking with him at that time.

'For real?' he thought and just stared on the message from her earlier.