Chapter 11

Avengers of Kpop

This time, SuperW was in Paris as the full MV of "Twist" was finally released. They were guests in a celebrity TV show. A lot of fans came and also some reporters. LSM and the other CEOs are present as well as they watched the MV together.

 

They were amazed by the MV's flow of events, the dance, and the scenery of Russia at the same time. Their visuals were so cool yet feminine just like Black Widow.

 

LSM then had the chance to speak about the concept.

 

LSM: As you can remember in Jopping's MV, there was a scene where Kai was teleported. So there was also a female lead that was together with him. And that was Taeyeon. She was sent to a different place where the six other girls are already present.

 

They had a press conference followed by a question and answer portion via twitter and the fans attended the event.

 

Questions about the purpose of forming the group from different companies and all about the group background were all answered by LSM and the other CEOs.

 

Later on, questions regarding the members were addressed as read by the emcee.

 

Q: What were your thoughts about the idea of forming SuperW?

 

Taeyeon: I was really surprised at first since this is a first in the Kpop industry but it also helped us to get out of our comfort zones.

 

Solar: I think it's a good idea. We get to know and learn a lot from each other.

 

Q: For Mina, we heard that you've experienced anxiety before this. How did you manage it all? Especially that you were chosen for SuperW.

 

Mina was actually surprised by the question. Irene just held her shoulder and the others also cheered her up so it boosted her.

 

Mina: It wasn't easy of course. But my friends, seniors, and manager encouraged me a lot on those dark days. The fans and my family also helped me. I'm the better version of Mina now. SuperW is a great opportunity for me to bring joy to anyone who is feeling down. And I believe that my co-members now also aimed to do that.

 

The girls just clapped their hands for Mina and the audience did too.

 

Irene: Very well said. 

 

She said and smiled at her.

 

Q: For Lia. You are the youngest in the group and you just debuted with ITZY. How does it feel to be part of the group? 

 

Lia: It's overwhelming. I was actually nervous at first since I'm still new. I'm surrounded by Kpop seniors and they're my unnies at the same time. I can easily approach them now than before.

 

Jennie: She's actually our baby in the group.

 

Irene: And one of our English tutors.

 

They just made fun of their maknae once again.

 

Q: They say that you're the female version of SuperM. What are your thoughts about it?

 

Taeyeon: SuperM is incomparable. They've been popular and successful from their debut MV up to now that they're still holding concerts internationally. I believe that SuperW will create an impact like how they did. They brought unity to fandoms and inspired a lot of people.

 

Lisa: It's heartwarming to hear that we're called the female version of SuperM. Thank you. We'll do our best and continue to work hard.

 

Taeyeon: Actually, Baekhyun was there when Mr. Lee told me that I'll be a part of SuperW and the whole idea of it. Mr. Lee asked him to help me out since he's leading a collab group and we talk sometimes.

 

The other members looked at her and were quite surprised since Taeyeon didn't mention anything about it to them.

 

Q: There's a lot of questions on twitter if there's a possible SuperM and SuperW collab.

 

The girls were clueless about it so Mr. Lee took over.

 

LSM: That could be possible.

 

That was all he said and many of the audience felt excited.

 

Emcee: So that's it for the Q&A for now. Right now, let's give it up for SuperW for their first live performance of Twist.

 

Then the girls performed for the first time as SuperW on stage. It was also live on Youtube and became one of the trending videos. 

 

After that, they changed to their comfortable clothes. 

BoA: Good job girls on your first live performance!

 

She then hugged the seven of them happily. Lia then approached her while they were going towards their service car.

 

Lia: Unnie, thank you very much for your advice and corrections in dancing.

 

BoA: You've done great, my dear. You've improved. Keep it up. Let's all keep on learning.

 

Taeyeon: By the way, where's Mr. Lee?

 

Staff: He got something to do so he left ahead.

 

 

 

 

On the other hand, SuperM arrived in Paris late in the afternoon for their concert the next day.

 

Baekhyun: Mr. Lee?

 

The seven of them looked at the direction where Baekhyun pointed at and went towards him.

 

LSM just waved his hand to them and showed a smile.

 

Taemin: Sir? We didn't expect that you're here.

 

He asked while they were walking towards their service car. There were bodyguards around them since there were some fans and reporters at the airport too.

 

LSM: Well, you've had a long flight. So I'm inviting you guys for dinner.

 

Lucas: Wow. I'm starving.

 

Taeyong elbowed him as Lucas cleared his throat.

 

Lucas: Oh. I mean thank sir. We appreciate it.

 

They were finally inside the car and already on the road. Some of the members doze off for a while and others were scanning their phones.

 

They arrived at the hotel and proceeded immediately inside a small function room after they left their things in their rooms.

 

LSM led the way together with the staff. He was about to open the door when it suddenly opened for him and the men behind him were just shocked.

 

"Oh sir. You're... finally here."

 

She was stunned for a second when she saw SuperM.

 

LSM: Yes, Solar. SuperM just arrived for their concert tomorrow here. So I invited them to dinner with us.

 

Solar: Oh sure. Please come on in. The food isn't served completely yet so you're just in time.

 

Then they went in as Solar kept the door open for them.

 

Solar could see that her fellow members were surprised to see SuperM in the room with them.

 

Taeyong steals a glance at her as she was looking inside the room. 

 

'She's kinda tough yet so pretty up close.' that's what he thought and immediately looked away while smiling at himself.

 

LSM: Girls, sorry to surprise you. SuperM will be joining us tonight for dinner.

 

BoA immediately greeted them then invited them and LSM to take a seat. SuperW greeted them as well and welcomed them. SuperM were just seated across them that time.

 

Dinner was finally served and they all ate together. Afterwards, they were all talking casually especially about their activities and other things.

 

Lisa was eating some fruits when she noticed something and elbowed Lia. She looked at her unnie with a confused face as Lisa whispered something to her.

 

Lisa: Your childhood friend is here.

 

Both of them looked at where Mark was. He was currently talking with Taeyong just beside him.

 

Lisa: You didn't greet him earlier when they arrived. Why?

 

Lia: Huh? So you noticed that?

 

Lisa: Of course. He's one of your seniors. We do that to all our seniors.

 

Lia was pouting and felt bad for not doing it since she was too shy to do it.

 

Jennie: Yeah. No need to be really formal though.

 

Jennie suddenly added who was sitting on her left. She was sandwiched by the two who were waiting for her reaction.

 

Lia: A-Alright, unnies. I'll do that later.

 

Lisa: Do it before they leave, okay? We'll be watching.

 

She felt more embarrassed to do so and looked at both of them with a confused look. She didn't protest more and just nodded in agreement.

 

Jennie shifted her gaze on the food served in front of them and reached to add more on her plate. 

 

Someone suddenly knocked and a cake with lighted candles was brought in.

 

"Happy birthday, Ten!" LSM stood up and clapped his hands. Then all of them in the room sang a birthday song for him.  

 

Ten didn't expect it since they were so busy with the concert and practices.

 

Ten: Thank you Mr. Lee and everyone.

 

He said with a bright smile on his face and bowed to everyone. Some of the members of SuperM brought out their gifts to him and Ten just felt happy.

 

BoA and SuperW members also greeted him.

 

BoA: Happy birthday. You've done really well so far. Keep it up.

 

BoA greeted her first while 

 

Ten: Thank you so much, noona.

 

The other members went to shake hands with him.

 

Lisa: Chittaphon! Happy birthday!

 

Lisa greeted him and did a friendly hug.

 

Ten: Thanks, Lalisa. Where's my gift?

 

She quickly looked at him with a pout. "Gift? You don't need it. You already have everything."

 

Ten just smiled at her. "Haha really? Anyways, thank you very much."

 

Then Taemin got some icing and put it on Ten's cheeks and nose.

 

Taemin: Happy birthday, Ten! Haha!

 

Then Mark and Lisa got some icing on their faces too as Ten playfully put it on them. Then all in the room started to put the icing on everyone's faces.

 

Jennie went near Lisa and whispered something. Lia was just standing at their side at that time and she didn't have any icing on her face yet. Jennie noticed it and put some on her right cheek.

 

Jennie: Haha! You look so cute Lia!

 

She was surprised and looked at them in shock and moved a bit backwards but bumped on to someone that she almost fell.

 

Lia: Oh, I'm so sorry.

 

She said as she turned around. He was just holding her shoulder and waist for her not to lose balance

 

Mark: It's okay. No worries.

 

He said with a friendly smile.

 

Lia immediately stood up properly and bowed to him.

 

Lia: Sunbae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

 

She was feeling nervous at that time. She looked back but Lisa and Jennie were no longer around.

 

Mark looked at her intently still with some icing on his face. She felt embarrassed

 

Mark: Wait, you're Lia, right? from ITZY? 

 

Lia: Ah yes.

 

Mark: I'm Mark. Glad to finally meet you.

 

He introduced himself and offered a handshake. She gladly accepted it.

 

'He's still really friendly like before.' Lia thought.

 

Mark: Please just call me Mark. No need to be too formal, okay?

 

Lia showed a blank expression and just looked at him.

 

Mark: Are you okay? You're not mad, right?

 

Lia: Oh no. I'm not. I really have this kind of facial expression that sometimes becomes misunderstood by others so... I'm not mad at you or something. 

 

He just looked at her with an innocent expression and nodded. She really felt so embarrassed and tensed while talking to him.

 

Mark: Wow. That's unexpected. Don't worry, I completely understand, Lia.

 

He then reached for a tissue and gave it to her.

 

Mark: You got something on your face.

 

He said while pointing where it is. She immediately wiped it and just smiled shyly.

 

Mark: Congrats on your debut song and MV. It was really cool.

 

Lia: Thank you. You too, congrats on your ongoing international tour. Fighting!

 

Mark just smiled towards her and uttered "Thanks!"

 

Kai: Hey Mark!

 

Kai was calling him to come over with the other SuperM members. Mark nodded to him and faced Lia again.

 

Mark: I gotta go. They're calling. I'll see you around, Lia.

 

Lia: Yeah. See you...Mark.

 

Then he went ahead to the table. Lia sighed deeply after he left.

 

Jennie: Hey.

 

Lia: Unnie! You startled me.

 

Jennie and Lisa were just behind her sneaking all this time.

 

Lisa: We heard it all, our maknae.

 

Lia: What?

 

Lia felt really embarrassed.

 

Jennie: Girl, you were nervous. Mark was being friendly with you.

 

Lisa: How was it finally talking to him after a long time?

 

Lia: I don't know... I felt really awkward.

 

Jennie then hugged her and tapped her back.

 

Jennie: You know what, Mark should know that his childhood friend is here.

 

Lisa: Yeah. I bet he would be happy.

 

Then she let go of the hug and held both if her hands.

 

Lia: Oh no. Not now. Please promise me you won't say anything to him.

 

Her noonas looked at each other then back at her and nodded.

 

As Mark arrived with the other members, Kai showed him an article. Mark clapped his hands and felt happy.

 

Mark: Wow that's really good! Big Bang finally renewed their contract and TOP is in it too.

 

Taemin: Our Mark can't stop smiling here.

 

Taemin said and put his hands around him.

 

Mark: Haha yeah. This good news keeps me going.

 

Lia took a quick glance at Mark whole he was smiling a lot with his hyungs. She just went to the other girls who were calling her to eat the cake that Ten shared with them earlier.

 

Kai went to the restroom just outside the function room to wash his face from the icing when he heard steps approaching. He can hear them talking about something.

 

"I'm thrilled!"

 

"Me too! She's just a bit shy though."

 

"Mark is a kind guy. Let's just wait and see."

 

"Maybe we could ask a favor from SuperM?"

 

He saw Jennie and Lisa were walking towards him while talking. He met eyes with Jennie unexpectedly and her facial expression immediately changed.

 

Lisa was startled to see him. 'Did he overhear us talking?' she thought.

 

Lisa: H-Hey Kai.

 

Kai: Hey.

 

Lisa: Kai, can we... ask for a little favor?

 

Jennie's eyes widened and held Lisa's arm tightly. 

 

"What are you doing?" Jennie whispered at her while pulling her lightly.

 

"Relax sis. We're doing this for Lia, okay?" Lisa whispered back to her.

 

Kai: Uhm, you need help with something?

 

Lisa: Yes! Right, Jennie?

 

Lisa smiled widely at her and signalled her to cooperate. Jennie just smiled sarcastically at her.

 

He could sense that Jennie was uncomfortable but he just pretended not to notice.

 

Kai: What is it about?

 

Lisa then explained briefly everything to him and about their plan.

 

Kai: Really? That's a coincidence!

 

Lisa: Yeah. Our maknae is so shy to to let him know.

 

Kai just nodded and thought of something.

 

Kai: Don't worry. I'll try to ask him about it. I believe he won't forget that easily.

 

Lisa: Thank you so much! But this is a big secret, okay? Other than the three of us, no one should know. And Lia doesn't know that we told you.

 

Kai: I understand. You can trust me.

 

Jennie: Big word. Trust.

 

Jennie said softly and walked past him.

 

Lisa: Hey sis! Wait! Thank you Kai. See you!

 

Kai smiled and waved at her. She was catching up to Jennie who walked ahead.

 

He arrived at the male rest room and sighed.

 

Kai: Jennie, why are you making things difficult for me?

 

 

--------------------------------------

Hellooo! How are you doing?

Always stay safe! Take care! :)