The girl in the cafe (Wheesun)

The End

(Sputnik Sweetheart - the first name of this story that was changed to "The girl in the cafe")

 

Wheein was sitting in the cozy little cafe, where she spent her whole summer break that was ending soon and starting next week she has to go to the classes again. She was waiting for her best friend that was supposed to come here soon and while she was waiting for her, Wheein busied herself with drawing a beautiful girl in her sketchbook. She doesn’t know the name of that girl, but she has seen her almost everyday in this cafe over the summer break. Wheein was her little observer. She couldn’t stop observing the girl because she was very beautiful and now Wheein’s sketchbook was full with sketches of that cafe girl. But this week the mysterious girl with glasses and dark hair didn’t show up at the cafe and Wheein was a little bit sad and also worried. She wondered why that girl stopped coming here and also she mentally scolded herself for not having enough courage to speak to her during this summer. The blue haired girl indeed developed a crush on that brunette with a bright smile. 

 

“Hey Wheennie!” her friend Moonbyul just came in, and all of the sudden she took away her sketchboook. “Let me see how you spent your summer break...because it is a well known fact that artist’s sketchbook is their diary.” Moonbyul closed the sketchbook to start to flip the pages from the beginning. 

“Hey give it back!” Wheein pouted and tried to get her previous sketchbook back but Moonbyul was much faster and a little bit taller, just a “little bit”. Moonbyul always liked to brag about being taller than her but she was not that tall. She was a short small booger as Wheein. 

“Oh I see my pup got a girlfriend! Omo, you are obsessed with her, so many drawings of her......Omo I’m proud of my baby!” Moonbyul gave her friend a pat on the shoulder and so Wheein finally took away her sketchbook from Moonbyul’s hands.

“She is not my girlfriend.” with a pout on her face, she pretended to clean her sketchbook from the dirt. “Then who is she?” asked her friend curiously and sat across the artist. “I don’t know.“ was Wheein’s answer. “Please don’t tell me, that being single affected you so much, that now you have imagined yourself a girfriend...I mean...a pretty one but still....” Wheein shook her head annoyingly when she heard Moonbyul’s words. “Stop! She is real but I just dont know her presonally.” And so she told her best friend about her summer break and how she discovered this beautiful girl in the cafe and about how wearing simple white shirts made her even more beautiful and how she slightly touched her glasses when she was thinking about something while she was typing something on her laptop and so on.

 

After listening to her friend’s story Moonbyul exclaimed “Omo...my baby Wheein got a crush, but no balls to ask her out.” Wheein looked annoyed at the purple haired girl and with sassy voice she answered: “Excuse me, I don’t know about you, but I’m a woman and I don’t have balls.” The photographer smirked “Technically you do, you know like ovaries are at some point...” The artist gave her a disgusted look and was about to put her hand on her friend’s mouth. “Can you please stop, I don’t want to lose my hunger and I have been waiting for you for so long... and I’m also sad that I maybe won’t ever see this girl again... so please let’s just eat.” 

Moonbyul sincerely smiled and gave her friend a hug, slightly her hair. “I’m sorry Wheeinie, don’t be sad! Let me buy you your favorite blueberry muffin.” The photographer felt Wheein’s nod and after breaking the hug, she went to order for them some pastries with coffee. After eating her favorite muffin, Wheein was back to being excited and energized, she happily listened to Moonbyul’s stories about how she spent her summer break, photographing a lot and going out on dates. The purple haired girl also showed her photos of her Welsh Corgi dogs and Wheein joked about them being quite chubby. The artist finally stopped to think about that mysterious beautiful girl that filled her sketchbook and enjoyed spending her time with her best friend.

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

“Have you heard news Wheein?” Moonbyul sat beside the shorter girl who was eating her lunch so cutely that the older girl wanted to take a nice photograph so bad, but knowing how Wheein hates when she takes photos of her when she eats or does anything related to food Moonbyul suppressed her wish. 

“What news?” Wheein cutely looked at her friend while chewing her sandwich. “Hope good ones.” She added. “I wouldn’t say good ones, at least for you...” Moonbyul started carefully. “Prof. Anderson won’t be teaching the Creative Writing 2 this semester. He went to travel to Europe and...” the photography student was about to continue when Wheein dramatically exclaimed. “Noooooo! I only registered for that class because of him! HOW DARE HE? I could have taken Austrian Art History instead! No!” The art student dropped her sandwich and visibly was upset. “Like...I liked his class so much last semester, he is such a funny old man, but now....” Moonbyul took Wheein’s hand and continued her speech. “...AND I heard that his substitute is a young and PRETTY writer and that it is HER. A woman professor! A young one! And PRETTY!” The art student still looked upset. “But Prof. Anderson was so interesting and what if this new one is boring as hell..” Moonbyul smirked. “Pretty is never boring, trust me!” Wheein was ready to fight this argument when her friend didn’t let her. “It is like in an art museum, you either look at artworks because they are interesting or because they are pretty. You as artist should know it.”

Wheein took her friend’s words in and concluded that maybe she is right. And to be honest why is she being so dramatic about it? Of course Prof. Anderson was such an interesting professor and she enjoyed his class last semester very much but a new professor isn’t the end of the world. If she would be boring then Wheein always has her sketchbook near her, so she will just fill her boredom with sketching. The shorter girl took a bite of her sandwich. “I guess you’re right.” She said with her full mouth. “Don’t you know it isn’t nice to talk to someone with your full mouth?” Moonbyul cutely scolded her friend and pinched her cheek. “Arg....leave me!” The art student exclaimed and kept on chewing her sandwich. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

Wheein was drawing in her sketchbook, she again was drawing that beautiful girl from the cafe. Suddenly Moonbyul nudged her, but she ignored her. Right now they were both at their Creative Writing 2 class and the new professor was quite late. And Wheein was still upset that Prof. Anderson won’t be teaching this class. How could that old man betray her like that? Europe? The girl kind of understood her professor, if she was him and had to choose between going to Europe or teaching a class to the bunch of weird art students, who look at the pictures in books instead of really reading them, she would have of course chosen the travel to Europe. 

Moonbyul nudged her again. “Wheein! Look up! New pretty prof is here!” And Wheein did and her eyes widened. She looked at her drawing, then she looked at the new professor then she looked at her drawing again and then again at the young and indeed very PRETTY professor that stood in front of the class. It was her. The beautiful girl from the cafe. Wheein couldn’t believe her luck...or her misfortune? A blessing in disgust? Wheein was happy to see the cafe girl again, it may sound a little bit creepy but she missed her. But she is her new professor, she wasn’t sure if that was a good thing. And she already imagined how much Moonbyul is gonna to this semester.  

“Hello everyone! My name is Kim Yongsun!” The young writer smiled nervously. “Firstly I would like to apologize for being late...I was preparing for this class and I forgot about the time and...” She nervously giggled, what Wheein absolutely found adorable. “...and to be honest I have never taught before, but I will try my best to make this class entertaining for you.” She put the books she was holding in her hands on the table and then she turned the computer on and the screen projector. “And as apology for me being late I will let you go early today.” The students got excited and someone even loudly screamed “Damn yeah!” And Wheein wouldn’t be surprised if it was her friend who sat near her. Prof. Kim Yongsun let a little adorable laugh. “Right, so for today I will only introduce the workflow of this semester.” The screen projector was already on and the young professor started to go through the introduction of the topics that they will go through in this class during semester. Wheein couldn’t focus on the words, all she was focusing on was the way her new professor slightly touched her glasses when she was reading the words on the wall or when she started to talk about the topic and her hands were following her speech. The professor was dressed in a simple white blouse and dark blue skinny high waisted jeans. It was a simply look but for the art student the young professor looked very stunning. And like always her friend Moonbyul had to break the moment for her.

“Omo, my Wheeinie got a crush on a professor...Omo..this is like a damn movie. Luckily your professor is a snack. No, she is a whole course meal! I mean I already learned from your sketches that she got a pretty face...but damn look at those legs!” Moonbyul whispered excitedly to Wheein and gave her friendly approving pats on her shoulder. 

“Ewwww....don’t talk like that about her.” Wheein gave that serious scolding look to her friend which actually didn’t look scolding at all, anything Wheein does looks cute. Moonbyul giggled and patted Wheein’s head as you would pat a puppy. “Omo already so protective!” Wheein made annoying noise that sounded like a puppy bark. Moonbyul laughed and both girls didn’t notice at all that they were watched by the new professor, who didn’t know what they were talking about but the cuteness of the girl with blue hair made her smile and the writer felt like she already has seen her somewhere before.

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

This has been their 5th class of Creative Writing 2 and Wheein still was in awe of the young professor. A lot of students actually liked Kim Yongsun, she always found a way to connect with students and she was pretty and quite interesting and dorky. But Wheein has never participated in her discussions or she has never taken some guts to answer the question. Some of the students flirted with her crush and she hated it and she didn’t like when Kim Yongsun smiled to them with her bright smile. She had “sun” in her name and she indeed was such a warm person. Moonbyul also has never really taken an active participation in classes, she honestly registered to this class because of Wheein who registered to this class because of Prof. Anderson. So most of the time the purple girl was just chatting with girls on her phone.

“So today class, we gonna talk about surrealism...” The young professor started when someone exclaimed. “Salvador Dali!!!” The writer touched her glasses slightly and giggled. “Yes and no, I see you already got an idea of surrealism but don't forget this is creative writing class and our focus will be surrealism in the literature. Anyone can slightly explain what surrealism is?” She looked at the class and saw some hands. The boy who always was flirting with her, a girl in the glasses. She let the boy answer. “It is something weird. Weird dreaming stuff, something when you come to feel when you are high.” And here Kim Yongsun regretted giving him an opportunity to answer. “Yeah,....Soojin?” The girl looked disgustingly at the boy and then gave her answer. “It is when an artist, or the writer in our case tries to mix the reality with the imaginary or more likely the focus is on our unconscious.” The writer smiled and nodded. “You’re right! In literature it is a distortion of reality but there is still the sense of it. It’s not the fantasy or sci-fi. But surrealism in books feels like a dream.” Yongsun sat on the edge of her table and looked at the class. “And today my focus will be Haruki Murakami, I will read some passages of his works and we will discuss if this an aspect of surrealism but before we go into that, has anyone read any works by Haruki Murakami?”

Wheein had. She read one novel by him but she wasn’t confident to rise her hand but then she decided to go after this and raised her hand. Kim Yongsun firstly didn’t saw any hands and was ready to continue her lesson when the cute blue haired girl raised her hand. She never participated in her discussions, her and her friend always sat high in the lecture hall and quietly they listened to her. “Yes..Miss...”

“Jung Wheein.” Wheein was surprised by herself. Her voice was loud and clear.

“Right, Miss Jung Wheein. So which book by Haruki Murakami have you read?” Yongsun stood up from the edge of the table to make sure to pay all her attention to the cute blue haired student of her.

“Sputnik sweetheart.” was Wheein’s answer. After that answer the writer’s eyes sparkled. She liked that book a lot. “A nice one, and if you don’t mind, would you mention any aspect of surrealism in that book?” 

“Emm...I am not sure...” The art student  started slowly. “...but like I remember that there are three character...right? The narrator, the girl he liked and the woman whom that girl liked...and I think that narrator was like a significant of reality and the woman of unconscious and the young writer was in between and in the end she connected with the woman who was like an aspect of unconscious...something not real…like the door to the other world...and that how she disappread form the reality. And yeah...I’m not sure....” Wheein’s voice was becoming quieter till the end of her speech. She simply lost the train of her thoughts. And she read this book like 2 or maybe 3 years ago? She herself wasn’t sure about it. 

Kim Yongsun smiled widely. The blue haired girl surely has an interesting view on the book. She never thought of characters as being signs of something on their own. The line between unconscious and conscious was probably based on her knowledge of surrealistic art. 

“This is some interesting interpretation of the book, I liked how you interpreted character’s roles. Thank you for the answer.” Yongsun smiled at Wheein and processed to continue her lecture about  surrealism in the literature.

Moonbyul looked at Wheein proudly and patted her. “Nice move! And when the hell did you read the book?” Wheein rolled her eyes. “Emmm I read books! Not like you!” Honestly Wheein was not such a reader but when she started to question her uality she needed some knowledge, some examples, she needed something that could help her embrace it and the study books didn’t help much, there were too much of terms and big words. And she didn’t want facts, she wanted some feelings, some imagination. And so she started to look for lesbian novels in the library. An that now she discovered “Sputnik Sweetheart” and after also another famous book “The price of the salt”. Sadly there were no many lesbian books but she enjoyed those. Then she moved to Seoul and was able to find some movies and that how she stopped reading books.

Shaking her head and returning to reality, Wheein again focused on the professor who was now talking about “Kafka on the Snore”, apparently another famous novel of Haruki Murakami. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

Normally their class was taught in the big hall but today they moved to the little room. Apparently they weren’t a big class, only 11-12 students, so another professor asked KIm Yongsun to switch because his class was much larger.  Of course Yongsun agreed, it was not a big deal for her, but Wheein on the other hand was nervous because now she is way much closer to the writer. The room is smaller and while in the hall she could sit quite far away from the professor, in this small room it wasn’t a case.

“OK class, I read your essays…” Yongsun paused and rose her head to give a look at her purple haired student. “..except your Moonbyul’s because apparently you didn’t write one?”

“My bad! Here is it! I just forgot to give it last time.” Moonbyul had that sneaky smile on her face that made Wheein roll her eyes. She didn’t forget, she just didn’t write it on time. This wasn’t the first time when her friend pretends to be the forgetful student.

“Thank you dear Miss Moon! You’re lucky that I am being nice and I will take this essay, but this won’t repeat again right?” Yongsun grabbed the essay and put it on the table, while taking the graded ones, she handed it to Soojin and asked her to distribute them.

“Of course Prof. Kim, I swear on my cute friend Wheein that it won’t repeat again!” She proudly exclaimed. “What the hell?” In panic thought Wheein. Then the artist looked up and saw Yongsun smiling at her. She awkwardly smiled back and the writer started her lecture. 

 

“What The hell Moonbyul?” Wheein whispered angrily to her friend that sat back on her seat. “What? She likes you and i need to use it."

“She doesn’t like me.”  said Wheein.

“She does.” 

“No.”

“Are you blind? She literally sends you heart eyes every class. Do you need some glasses Wheein?” Moonbyul joked, she was convinced that their professor was very fond of her cute friend. Who wouldn’t? 

Meanwhile Yongsun was nearing to the arguing couple of friends. “Miss Jung Wheein, won’t  you mind to collect your essay after the class? I want you to ask something.” Wheein was so captivated by Yongsun’s presence that she couldn’t say a word, the next she heard was her friend’s voice. “She won’t mind Prof. Kim. She is a bit in her own world right now.” Then she pushed Wheein with elbow, trying to bring her down to the earth. “Oh, yeah…I won’t mind…” the blue haired artist slowly pronounced those words while blushing. Yongsun smiled with her eyes and went back to teaching the class.

 

So after the class ended and Wheein was the only one left, she approached the table of her professor. “Em…my essay…” slowly started she. To be honest she didn’t really care about that essay and she wouldn’t even mind not receiving it back. But here she is, standing near the professor’s table awkwardly and waiting for her essay back. “Yeah, your essay! I really liked it and I wanted to ask if I can have a copy of it.” The young writer took the paper on which the essay was written and looked at her student awaiting for the answer. She liked some points that young artist mentioned in her writing  and wished to have a copy of her essay, so in the future she could research more around that topic. 

Wheein was surprised that KIM YONGSUN liked essay that was written by HER. She nodded quickly. “Of course! Should I run down and make a printed copy? I have a student’s card that allow to make copies for free…” The art student understood that she was talking nonsense right now, teaching staff also had those cards, it isn’t something to brag about. “No, no…I meant a photo copy.” The professor quickly added. “I’ll just take quickly a picture on my phone and it won’t take much of your time.” Again Wheein slapped herself mentally, it’s 21st century, people use mobile phones. “Ok.” was all she was able to say. Yongsun smiled at her student and quickly took a photo of her essay. Wheein was looking at her phone and wished she could have gotten its number. Then the young professor handed the essay to its owner with those words: “Thank you.” Wheein smiled cutely showing her dimple and replied: “You’re welcome.”

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

“Nice works!” Wheein patted on the shoulder her friend while looking at her photographs that were nicely framed on the wall. “Thank you Wheepup!” Moonbyul smiled showing her Indian dimples. “Knowing you, I’m surprised that there are no photos of girls that you slept with.” The blue haired indeed didn’t see any photography on the wall of her friend. Actually she was just joking.

"I mean it’s university hall, but I actually should have rebelled and hanged some of them.” Wheein’s eyes widened hearing her friend. “You’re joking, right? You don’t take photos of girls you slept with?”

“I don’t…but I definitely should, one day they will get old and then they’ll have an opportunity to look at their photos remembering how young and beautiful they were…” Dreamily started Moonbyul.

“Ewww…” Wheein wasn’t the fan of her friend being that greasy. “…I can hold a whole exhibition of photography and those girls will be famous and appreciated for their bravery and beauty.” The young artist already regretted that she mentioned girls to Moonbyul, now she maybe gave her an idea for this kind of exhibition. “Why are you wearing this kind of grimace Wheein? You also draw bodies.” The blue haired added quickly: “Yea, but we just study them, there is nothing personal…” Moonbyul winked at her. “I bet you would like to draw Prof. Kim Yongsun in all her glory and that’s not personal.” Wheein blushed and quickly put her finger on purple haired girl’s mouth. “Please shut up! And don’t even dare talk like that about her!” Moonbyul raised her hands up. “So overprotective already!” Said she while trying playfully to bite Wheein’s finger. “And I’m sorry, by the way, have you checked your own stuff already?” The blue haired girl was glad that her friend changed the topic. “No, but I’m about to go there.”

Wheein was nearing her place when she saw a familiar figure. It was her, Kim Yongsun. She approached her professor and was surprised by her own confidence.  “Hello Prof. Kim.” The young writer turned around and smiled seeing blue haired girl. “Hi Wheein.” Now that Wheein greeted her crush, all her confidence disappeared. Both women stood in the silence for a minute. The young artist wasn’t sure how to start the conversation but luckily Yongsun was the one who broke the silence. “You’re really talented.” Wheein awkwardly scratched the back of her head. “Thanks.” 

“I am fascinated by your works. I have been standing here for a while. They are alluring.” Wheein blushed hearing her professor complimenting her.

“Which artwork is your favourite?” Yongsun with head movement pointed at the artwork where a cat sitting on a window‘s edge was portrayed. Near him one could see a laying blue vinyl. The wall was also blue and also the sky behind the window. You could easily note that the blue was a central color of the painting, but the most attention was grabbed by a yellow little sun in the sky. “This one, Blue;s. Is there any kind of behind story?” The writer asked while her eyes did not stop looking at the painting. Wheein followed her and also looked at her painting. “It started with me studying the blue color of Klein and then I discovered Picasso’s blue period which really left a big impression on me. But to be honest the biggest influence was my longing for old times when I was a kid spending my time with my grandma who was a very important person for me. And there are day when I miss her way too much.” The brunette looked at Wheein and took her hand as trying to comfort her. “But as you can see there is this yellow sun, it’s little but it shines bright…it’s a sign of a  little but strong hope that everything will be alright and that it is all right to be sad and miss people.” Yongsun with a smile on her face squeezed artist’s hand and let go of it. She admired the blue haired girl. “Everything will be alright.” whispered she and both smiled at each other and enjoyed the followed silence.

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

Moonbyul noticed that Wheein brought something to the class, so she immediately started investigating her friend. “What is this Wheepup?” 

“Nothing.”

“It doesn’t seem like nothing to me. Let me see!” The taller girl tried to get a look at the thing that her friend brought with. “Woah, it’s your painting Blue;s, the one you really cherish, why is it here?” 

“Just because.” was a short answer that Moonbyul got from her friend.

 

After the class, the blue haired artists pretended to take the longest. She raised her eyebrows to Moonbyul as indicating her to leave and not wait for her. Her friend got the hint and winked to Wheein, leaving her and professor all alone in the class. Then the artist approached Yongsun with the canvas in her hands and a bag on her shoulder.

“Emm…Prof. Kim, I wanted to gift this to you…” Wheein’s speech was nervous and she had hard time looking at her professor. Yongsun looked at the canvas and recognised the painting. 

“No, I can’t take it…”

“Please, I really want you to have it. You liked it a lot right?” The artist awkwardly handed the canvas in brunette’s hands. 

“And there is a sun that indicates hope and good times and … you also have “sun” in your name and like…your classes are definitely definition of good times…so this painting is meant for you.” Wheein was rambling and mentally she scolded herself for this ramble, but then she squeezed her hands in fists and confidently added: “I really want you to have something that will remind you of me.” 

Yongsun with a big smile on her face put carefully the painting on her table and approached the artist closer. Next thing was her embracing Wheein in a hug. “Thank you.”

Wheein was blushing, she didn’t know what to do with her hands and she was sure that her heart is about to explode. Kim freaking Yongsun, her freaking crush whom she can’t stop drawing in her sketchbook, was hugging her. Then Yongsun broke the hug and looked at the artist with her happy wide smile that showed her dimples at the corners of . 

“Once I finish writing my novel, I’ll make sure to hire you to design the book cover. Will you agree?” Wheein with blushing cheeks quickly nodded. “Of course! I’m already agreeing to it!” 

Yongsun giggled, the cute artist was so adorable. “So nice of you.” She then again looked at the painting. “And thank you again. I really do like this painting. I will make sure to take a good care of it.” 

Wheein just nodded. She is not the best in communicating and the older girl makes her feel so shy, additionally there are those butterflies in her stomach. She knew that this crush thing is getting even bigger. But nevertheless she was happy to make Kim Yongsun smiling so wide. She was definitely falling in love with her smile.

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

“Hello Moonbyul, can I have a short talk with you?” Yongsun approached younger girl who was surrounded by other students. Moonbyul nodded and both distanced themselves a bit from the group to have more privacy. 

“You’re Wheein’s close friend, right?" Moonbyul nodded again, right now she didn’t say a lot because she was trying to remember if she has caused any troubles. The writer looked around and continued. “The thing is…soon it will be my last lecture and after that I won’t be teaching here…or hopefully anywhere else.” Yongsun was not sure if this talk was the best idea she thought of but she isn’t someone who doesn’t finish what she started. “I‘ll be clear. I like your friend. And I wanted to ask you if she is available, so that I won’t scare her with possible situation of asking her out…” While the writer was talking Moonbyul’s mouth was slowly widening in shook. “Omo…I can’t believe that my baby will finally stop being single…my baby will finally get laid….” The photographer was about to shed some tears, she was so happy for her introverted friend who lacked some communication skills. “I told her that you like her but she didn’t believe me…she was 100% percent sure that this is one sided love….” 

“Wait, she likes me too?” 

“She DOES…her sketchbook is filled with drawings of you.” The purple girl rolled her eyes thinking of her hopeless friend but not anymore because finally luck was on Wheein’s side.

“Thank you for confirming this to me.” Yongsun smiled widely, apparently luck is on her side, hopefully Wheein would agree to go out with her. 

 

“Moonstar? Are you coming? You promised to take some nice photos of me?” A girl with tanned skin and a little mole on her cheek was looking at young photographer with the raised eyebrow.

“I’m coming my dear Hwasa!” Moonbyul winked to her and turned to the professor. “Sorry I have to go, don’t like to make beautiful women wait…I mean you’re beautiful too, but like you’re for Wheein and…”

“Just go. And thank you again.” Yongsun stopped the ramble of younger girl and they both went their ways. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

“Ok class, this was the end of our last session.” The young professor clapped with her hands awkwardly and gave a quick look at the projected screen where on the last slide you could read big written words “Happy Winter Holidays! Thank you for your engagement and work! Good luck in your future studies!”. Then Yongsun smiled when she heard the students’ “Noooooo”. She looked at them with still resting smile on her face. “Sadly yes, I really liked teaching you guys, it was a nice experience...but honestly I hope I won’t teach any classes in the future again.” The class laughed and started to clean up their stuff and slowly one by one or in couples they started to leave the room being all excited for the winter break. 

When Wheein and Moonbyul were about to leave, the blue girl heard someone calling out her name. She turned around to the voice which belonged to Kim Yongsun, her now ex-professor. “Wheein, can you stay for a minute?” The artist nodded and looked quickly at Moonbyul who gave her a greasy smirk and winked at her. She wanted to slap her friend but the photographer already left the room. Wheein moved closer to the table, where the young writer was cleaning up her stuff and turning the computer off. “So, emm...I guess you already finished writing your book and wanted to talk about it?” The artist asked the brunette with a little smile. Yongsun was confused for a moment. “Book?” The blue girl nodded and continued. “Yes, I accepted to draw a book cover for your book and so on, so...” Wheein saw the writer’s face and could read by it that it wasn’t the thing that the brunette wanted to talk about. “....I’m sorry I just assumed that you wanted to talk about it....wasn’t it the case?” Yongsun smiled seeing how adorable Wheein was and only slightly shook her head signaling that it wasn’t the issue she wanted to discuss with the artist. 

Wheein became a little bit anxious trying to recall something that she may forgot to do for her ex-professor, but quietly gave up. “So emmm...” Wheein awkwardly started, but amused Yongsun didn’t give her a chance to continue. “Are you free on Friday?” The blue girl finally understood that the writer probably wanted to talk about the book cover on Friday, so she nodded. “Yes! So you just would like to meet on Friday and discuss the book cover....” Yongsun laughed and again shook her head. “No, no I still haven’t finished writing the book.” She looked at surprised Wheein and continued. “I’m gonna be clear...Wheein would you like to go on a date with me?”The blue haired girl  thought that she heard the wrong words, was she dreaming? Did Kim Yongsun just asked her on a date? Does she like her? Is this real or is she, Jung Wheein is trapped in the surrealistic world, just like in the Murakami’s novel “Sputnik Sweetheart”? 

Yongsun was a little bit concerned about the artist who looked spaced out and didn’t say anything for a while but then she finally heard her voice. “I...you...me....date?” Wheein literally was speechless and couldn’t say anything coherent for a moment. Yongsun giggled. “Yes, I, Kim Youngsun asking you, Jung Wheein out on a date.” The artist still was in disbelief. “Woah.” was all she could say. Then the writer took Wheein’s hand. “I mean, I’m not your professor anymore and I am attracted to you and would like to get to know more about you. Do you mind?” 

“Yes.” Was the next thing the brunette heard from Wheein. “Oh ...”Yongsun was about to let go of the artist’s hand when Wheein didn’t let her and exclaimed: “No.” The brunette was genuinely confused, but then the artist finally stoped spacing out and started to produce more coherent speech. “No, I dont mind, but YES, I would like to go out on a date with you.” Wheein blushed and Yongsun again was melted by how adorable the blue haired girl was. She slightly pinched her cheek and took her other hand. “Thank you!” “For what?” Wheein asked. “For saying yes” was Yongsun’s answer.

 

————————————————————————————————————————

Later Wheein was sitting at the same cafe where she has met Yongsun for the first time. She remembers how she used to sketch the beautiful writer in her sketchbook and never in her life would have she imagined that the beautiful brunette would ask her out on a date. Kim Yongsun asked her out on a date, Jung Wheein. The blue haired girl still couldn’t believe in this, she felt like she is in the dream. Hopefully it wasn’t one. 

“Hello! Is my friend Wheein here?” Moonbyul waved with a hand in front of her spaced out friend. “Hi.” The photographer looked at her friend suspiciously. “Did Kim Yongsun ask you out on a date?” Wheein nodded still being spaced out. “O.M.G! Congratulation!!!!!! MY BABY IS GETTING LAID!!! The goddess with pretty legs is now my friend’s future wife!!!” The loud voice of purple haired girl made Wheein immediately return to the real world and she slapped Moonbyul. “Yah! Stop being so loud!!!” She gave her a scolding look that didn’t last long because Wheein was so happy. Her friend is right, Kim Yongsun is a goddess that asked her out on a date. Wheein is definitely one of the luckiest people on the entire planet. Overwhelmed by happiness Wheein started to laugh. 

“Are you ok? Moonbyul was now worried about the mental state of her friend. “I am!!! I’m the luckiest girl on this planet!!!” Wheein excitedly jumped up that made people look at her with the confused expression. But young artist didn’t care, they didn’t have a date with the goddess called Kim Yongsun.

 

...

i wrote this story one year ago...but in a messy way, only one year after laying in my bed sick I finally got some time to edit it.