σиє

Princess Select

Kan Yoora's POV

I could've had a great day. I woke up early, had an amazing breakfast, there was no problem on the way to work, the people I passed on the streets greeted me and I got paid a lot from the 3 rackets I did. 

Everything went well, nothing could go wrong now right?

Oh was I wrong. 

It started when I got home from work. All was well until someone had knocked on the door. I opened the door expecting someone normal, NOT A ROYAL GUARD HOLDING A LETTER WITH THE ROYAL SEAL ON IT.

"Good evening, is this where the Kan family of caste 6 lives?" He asked. Look I can't really tell if they're a guy or a girl, but based on their bulky structure, im guessing it's a guy.

"Good evening to you too sir, and yes. Why do you ask?" I replied. This is just plain weird, it's not everyday a royal guard shows up and asks for your  family. Unless Jaehoon did something and he has to be sent to the dungeons. No, can't be it. Is it a special day today? Oh my veggies, is it the national day today? But national day is on May 06 not-

"Miss? Miss!" The guard snapped his fingers in front of my face multiple times. When he saw that im not distracted anymore he stopped and looked at me, possibly annoyed. Whoops, my bad.

"Uh yes? Can you repeat what you said earlier? Im sorry, I space out a lot." Hopefully he'll believe that. I feel bad for the poor guy though. I wonder how long he has traveled just to get here. 

He sighed. "Well, as I said earlier, a-" He was cut off by shouting, a male shouting to be exact, coming from inside my house. Then footsteps can be heard running to where we are.

"Yoora! Who's at the door? You know I told you not to open the door when you don't know them! What if the person's bad and has a knife and- Captain Kim?" My older brother, Jaehoon, stood in front of the door shocked to see who was there. But officer? Does this mean this dude in front of me is one of the high ranking guards?

"Mr. Kan it's nice to see you again. Anyways, as I was saying earlier before I was interrupted." He looked at my brother slyly and continued. "A letter has been sent to you from the palace. Don't worry most of the girls here got one." He smiled at the end. 

He gave me the letter and bowed while taking a step back. "Until we meet again in the future. Good day miss. Good day Mr. Kan." And he walked off. 

Jaehoon was still staring where 'Captain Kim' stood and I was there staring at the letter he gave me without moving an inch. 

What could be written inside the letter? If I open it, will there be serious consequences?

I snapped out of my trance and walked torwards the living room, leaving Jaehoon standing there and looking like an idiot.

I sat on the small,yellow, worn-out sofa and opened the letter. Jaehoon later followed and sat next to me. 

Surprisingly, I wasn't greeted with the words saying that we were under arrest or something. Instead, this was written on the  paper:

"тo тнe нoυѕe oғ ĸan,
тнe recenт cenѕυѕ нaѕ conғιrмed тнaт a ѕιngle woмan вeтween тнe ageѕ oғ ѕιхтeen and тwenтy cυrrenтly reѕιdeѕ ιn yoυr нoмe. we woυld lιĸe тo мaĸe yoυ aware oғ an υpcoмιng opporтυnιтy тo нonor тнe greaт naтιon oғ нanweol."   

"A woman? A woman is in this house?" Jaehoon asked, while searching for the woman mentioned in the letter. 

I glared at him. "Oh wait, it's you?" He looked me up and down. "I don't see a woman. I only see a angsty teen whose face is filled with pimples. Hey-  OW THAT HURTS." He continued while rubbing his arm that I hit at the end of his sentence. 

I rolled my eyes at him and continued reading the letter. 

"oυr вeloved prιnce, jeon jυngĸooĸ ιѕ coмιng oғ age тнιѕ мonтн. aѕ нe venтυreѕ ιnтo тнιѕ new parт oғ нιѕ lιғe, нe нopeѕ тo мove ғorward wιтн a parтner, тo мarry a тrυe daυgнтer oғ нanweol. ιғ yoυ're elιgιвle daυgнтer, ѕιѕтer, or cнarge ιѕ ιnтereѕтed ιn poѕѕιвly вecoмιng тнe вrιde oғ prιnce jυngĸooĸ and  тнe adored prιnceѕѕ oғ нanweol, pleaѕe ғιll oυт тнe encloѕed ғorм and reтυrn ιт тo yoυr local provιnce ѕervιceѕ oғғιce. one woмan ғroм eacн provιnce wιll вe drawn aт randoм тo мeeт тнe prιnce."

"parтιcιpanтѕ wιll вe нoυѕed aт тнe lovely нanweol palace ιn ѕeoυl ғor тнe dυraтιon oғ тнeιr ѕтay. тнe ғaмιlιeѕ oғ eacн parтιcιpanт wιll вe generoυѕly coмpenѕaтed" Jaehoon's eyebrows raised at that. "ғor тнeιr ѕervιce тo тнe royal ғaмιly."

Ah, I remember now. The Selection. It's the upcoming event, I've heard it somewhere but paid no attention to it. 

The Selection is basicaly tradition now, every son of the king and queen will choose his wife through this. 

"Yoora do you know what this means? We can earn money just by getting you getting picked!" Jaehoon exclaimed. 

I nod at that. I mean it's true, we can earn a lot by me getting picked. But the only problem is-

"What if I don't get picked?" I asked him. The chance of getting picked is 1 out of 100. There is so many eligible girls in my province, and they're all prettier than me.

He mood suddenly falls. "You're right. Besides, you're not that pretty to get picked out." I stare at him. "What? I'm just telling the truth." He shrugs. 

"Too bad you just didn't get my beauty." He said as he flips he invisible long light brown hair. 

"Excuse me? We look exactly the same!" 

"Uh no sweetie. I'm hot and you're meh."

We are gonna get nowhere with this. "Whatever, it doesn't hurt to fill out the form and drop it at the office right?"

He throws me a thumbs up as he stands up and walks away. "Yeah,  I don't see why not. I'm gonna get going to Ms. Han's house so I can start working. You wanna go with me?"

"Nah, I'll just follow later. I need to change clothes." I told him. "Alright then. See you later, be safe!" 

"You too! Be careful!"

I sighed as he closed the door. I can just fill up the form later. Now the problem is, do I have clean clothes or not? 

....

Do I even have clothes