Chapter V

Attention

Jiyeon's POV

 

we are now walking through the streets, my heart beating so fast I hope she can't hear it. is kinda awkward, well it's really awkward.

" so how was it there, I mean daegu" she asked and I was shocked, wait how did she know?! " oh don't get me wrong exy told me you went to visit your parents last week, relax I'm not stalking you" she explained before I could even ask.

"it was great, there's nothing like home but the best part was no college, no classes and no arguing with professors for five days" I said remembering last week, god such energy.

"I guess you needed a vacation, I didn't know that you hate college this much" she looked surprised. " why is everyone thinks that I love school, having full marks doesn't mean I enjoy studying, no one does" I said trying to make a point.

"I do" she answered and looked at me smirking.

"really?" I asked, she doesn't look like someone who loves school even though I know that she always gets good grades.

"no I'm kidding, no one enjoys studying you right" she said giggling, I don't know how but she managed to make me calm. I smiled despite the fact that she can't see me cause we are walking side by side.

we kept walking in silence but this time it felt less awkward, I start to feel comfortable to be honest.

" you look hot unnie" I wanna know why did you say such a thing like that Kim Jiyeon. "what!" she said startled and turned her face to look at me. "I meant the hair" I said explaining myself, looking back at her GOD SHE IS SO CLOSE! I've never been near her like this.

"oh, thanks" she said and moved her eyes away from me, "for a second I thought you were flirting with me" she said with a sarcastic smirk.

"are you always like that" I asked her curiously, cause I don't mind it at all.

- "like what?"

-"you know what I mean"

she laughed a little " yeah I guess I'm always like that, but you like it, right?" she said still with that cute smirk on her face. "well usually not with other people but with you, I don't mind it" I said and god ARE WE FLIRTING WITH EACH OTHER?!! oh god oh god, my heart went back to its race and starts to beat crazy like it's trying to runaway from my chest.

"We should hang out more" she said after minutes smiling and looking back at me, "is fun to be around you bona-ssi" she said and I couldn't make eye contact with her I kept looking at my steps, cause if I did I'll definitely have a heart attack.

-" look like you are the one who is trying to flirt with me unnie "

" maybe I am " she said and I know she is teasing me but who is gonna tell the stupid muscle in my chest. " hey, I'm just kidding please don't take a bad impression of me " she said with a serious tone and kept her eyes on me, "I still wanna be your friend tho" she continued.

I nodded as a response, we went silent again but not for a long. "did soobin invites you to the party this Friday?" she asked me.

-"oh yeah exy invited me cause soobin told her so, but she did not mention a party!"

" well it's not a big party, don't worry there are not gonna be a lot of people. but still gonna have every features that other parties always have. booze, college students, rooms where you can sneak out with someone to make out wich usually ended up with , I mean by that eunseo and cheng xiao" she said and I laughed so hard remembering the couple, they are cute I admit. " hey I'm not finished yet. and definitely a circle of people sitting on the floor playing truth or dare, what else Kim Hyunjung what did you forget, oh yeah a girl with broken heart cause she just watched her crush kissing someone else. I guess that's it " she finished her list looking proud.

" The last one is kinda harsh" I said to her

-" you right but it happens in every party you can't deny it"

-" yeah maybe"

"so?" she looked at me like she is waiting for me to say something. " you're coming right?" she clarified her question.

" well dawon and luda wanna go, so yeah I'll be there" I answered her and she smiled, a smile that can steal everyone's hearts.

"I'm glad there will be a sane person to sit with" she said and still smiling the same breathtaking smile.

"I'm glad too" I said and smiled as well looking at her eyes, but she turned back and look at the street, wait a minute! I start to really think that she has a thing for me. "but I liked the idea of you already started planning to stay with me at the party" I guess is my time to tease back.

-"well yeah, you can't blame me, we are friends with crackheads who can't put their asses on chairs in parties, so the idea of spending time with a real adult instead of just waiting around to drive them home is actually kinda exciting me"

-" you sound like someone who really struggled"

-" you have no idea"

I laughed and we kept chatting for a while until my phone rings, I took it out of my purse to see who is it, is luda! seola told me to answer it so I did.

"KIM JIYEON" she screamed and I pulled the phone away from my ear, who would think that dwarf can be so loud. I can tell that seola heard her by the laugh she is working so hard to hold it.

" good evening to you too" I answered politely cause for god sake my crush is right in front me.

-" WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU WENT TO SEE SEOLA-UNNIE WORKING, STALKER"

I'm just praying that seola did not hear her, " wait you are with her, aren't you?" she asked and god I'm gonna kill her, but wait who told her!!

"yes I am, I'm gonna talk to you later I have to go" I said cause I don't have time for her right now

-"oh I'm sorry for interrupting you with your crush, bye"

" yeah you better be, you and the one who told you, bye" I said and hang up.

I looked at seola "I'm sorry" I apologized

-" oh no problem, but I didn't know that I'm a big deal for you guys to talk about me"

" god you heard her" I'm screwed, and so do luda

" just at the beginning don't worry" she said chuckling

"I'm so sorry it's nothing, is j-just I think my baby told her that we saw you at the cafe this afternoon" I apologized again

-" your baby?!"

" oh no I mean yeoreum my friend who was with me earlier" I tried to explain but she still has the confused look on her face "wait no you got it wrong, I just call her my baby cause I feel like I'm her mommy and she is my child" I tried to make it clear to her there is nothing between me and yeoreum. she responded with 'oh' and I continued "I know yeoreum since I was seven and she was three years old baby, we were neighbors and our families are friends so we ended up together all the time. we grew up together, playing together and helping each other, and because of the age difference I felt she is more like my baby and mostly because I used to scare the kids who always bullied her "I don't know but she smiled again while I was telling her the story of me and yeoreum

"you are cute bona-ssi, you know" she surprised by saying that, literally there's nothings to do with her sentence and my story. But god she stole my heart with that, I swear to god I'm gonna kiss this lady in any moment now if she kept flirting with that smile on her face.
I smiled shyly as a response and she took her phone out of her bucket to look at the time.

" it's getting late I should go, I have a busy day tomorrow. it was so great to talk to you bona-ssi, I enjoyed hanging out with you, I hope you feel the same" she said with a gentle tone.

" yeah of course I enjoyed it unnie, like you said it's nice to be around someone sane" I replied to her with a smile too

we bid goodbye to each other since she has to go on a different path, and I kept looking at her while walking away till there was no sign of her.

I put my hand on my chest and looked to the sky "this is not a dream, right? I'm falling even more for her. thank you god jihyo" I kept looking at the stars for a while but in the end, I headed home and that night I went bed smiling.

 

to be continued..

~~~~~~~~~~

this is the longest chapter I've wrote till now. 
I hope you enjoyed it 🙌🏽

I'll try my best to keep writing and updating for you 🌈
Thank you so much for reading 🧡