Chapter IV

Attention

Hyunjung's POV 

 

I raised my head as I heard a loud noise coming from the class's door and before I realized that one of the students was the cause of the noise, my eyes caught someone, her. our eyes met and we had eye contact for a while but then I looked away, shacked my head and looked back to my phone but a vision of eunseo flashed in my mind when she told me that bona kinda have a crush on me.

when I asked exy about what eunseo told me she denied it, saying that eunseo was totally drunk and she has no idea about that. since that day I can't get bona out my head, to tell the truth she is SO pretty, it's like she is a princess. but I'm NOT saying that I like her, or maybe?! ugh I don't know I'm so lost with these feelings and thoughts that I have.

----------

"excuse me ma'am, aren't you should take my order?" a really cute guy asked me while I was drowning in my thoughts about yesterday, about Kim Jiyeon and the way we looked to each other eyes. well clearly she was shocked by my new look, I hope she liked it tho.
it looks like that now I care about her opinion and what she thinks about me. nice hyunjung, you officially have a crush on her. shocking right? haha who we are lying on we all knew from the beginning that I like her. 
I cleared my mind and continued doing my job professionally.

Half an hour passed and I'm still working taking orders and helping my co-workers at the kitchen when there are no customers ordering.
I was telling my co-worker about a customer's order and then I turned back to take other orders but I was surprised by the one who was standing right in front of me, it was bona!

" oh bona-ssi " I said startled but then I put a wide smile on my face

" oh h-hi hyunjung-unnie " she said and oh god she's so cute calling me unnie

" hi, how's it going? " I said and made sure there is no line behind her

- " oh great "

- " that's good, so what do you want to order? "

" a-amm a peach cheesecake and carrot cake and two medium sizes sweet potato iced latte " she said, she looks so pretty today well she always pretty but still I couldn't stop looking at her is like there's something different about her.

I stopped looking at her like a weirdo and asked her " anything else? "

" no just that " she said and I looked back at the screen to write her order.

" Okay that's will be 26000 won " I said and looked back at her, she paid with her credit card and I told her to wait at her table for her order, she thanked me and I smiled for a response.

after minutes bona's order was ready and since there are no many customers today I guess is quite early people still working, I grabbed the tray of her order and I headed to her table.

I noticed she was with someone I'm guessing she just a friend, I don't think she is dating a high school student!

" a carrot cake and peach cheesecake and two medium sizes sweet potato iced latte, I'm not forgetting anything right? " I said awkwardly cause I didn't know what else to say.

" no you did not forget anything, thank you " her friend said, she is really adorable while talking. then I bowed and left.

long story short, time passed and I already finished my shift and changed my clothes ready to go home but I went back to ask one of my co-workers if she can take my Friday shift cause soobin asked me to help her arrange the party that we planned to have at her house before we stuck at home studying for midterms, anyway my co-worker agreed I thanked her, I walked to the back to get my bag but I took a glance at bona's table to check if she still there.
And yes as I thought she didn't go home yet even though her friend left almost half an hour ago.

and a voice speaks up in my head, telling me to go and talk to her. and until now I still don't know where I got the courage to go and talked to her.

when I got there she didn't notice me at all, and there was another voice popped up in my head saying maybe it is a bad idea to talk to her in the first place. no Kim hyunjung you will do it either you like it or not if you really wanna know that she likes you, you have to do it right now.

so I knocked at her table to get her attention, but instead I scared the hell out of her.

" I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I apologized regretting my stupid action and bowed my head.

" Oh n-no is okay unnie " she stuttered, guessing she still shocked.

I didn't know how to initiate the talking, so there was an awkward silence for seconds "apparently your friend left early and I just finished my shift for today. a-am if you are free we can go somewhere or have a walk " I don't know what the heck I just said but that's what I could only think about it, I should've prepared something to say before I actually approach her. she didn't respond and her facial reaction was like 'wtf do u want, ', so I panicked and tried to make it less awkward by saying "only if you are cool with it, it's okay if you don't" or maybe I made it more awkward?.

" oh no is okay with me " she said with a smile trying so hard to hide tho. perhaps eunseo was right

" oh great then, just wait for a second let me grab my bag " oh god help me I can't handle this much of adrenaline running through me, I turned myself headed to the back, to get my bag as I said and I'm walking fast almost running. I was excited, nervous and worried about what will happen, I didn't plan where we gonna go or what we gonna talk about, we are not that close after all!

but I remained calm, telling myself is gonna be alright. 
cowardness will not take you anywhere, you did the right thing hyunjung.

 

to be continued..

~~~~~~~~

I'm so so sorry guys for not updating. I just was in a really really dark place these past months, I wasn't feeling good almost all the time. but now I'm getting better 🌈

so I'll try my best to keep writing and updating🌟 thank you for understanding 🙌🏽