Chapter 1

Can you feel my heartbeat?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

The day when Hyejeong Shin said “go to hell” to Seolhyun Kim

.....................

 

 

“Suction” Hyejeong was doing a heart transplant to her patient.
“BP?” She asked the assistant without even bother to look up. Just then the machine beeped loudly. “oh my God, Doc his BP is getting dangerously low.”
Hyejeong glanced over to the machine but kept doing her work.
“Doc! His BP is still dropping! There’s too much bleeding!”
“ I know! But I still haven’t see the leaked. Keep supplying the blood. Administer the levophed!” Hyejeong said frustrated.
“ Doctor! He's gone into a cardiac arrest!”
“ Damn it Park! Come on don't you dare dying on me, don't be a coward now braced it!” She kept on yelling to the patient.
“ we're losing him! Get the defibrillator! 20 joules! Charge!”
“Clear! 20 joules! Charge!”
.........................   Hyejeong’s breathing hard as she was trying to catch her breath from the surgery she just performed, she was washing her hands when the door opened revealing her college Dr Seo Yuna.
“ Hey, I heard about your patient, I'm so sorry to hear it Doc, but you've done your best. The entire hospital's gone frantic since this morning since there was a huge car accident just around here. And we even had to calling in the off duty stuff so we can’t participate in your surgery, and we all know how particularly hard that surgery was. I'm sorry I wasn’t there to help you.”  Yuna said while she washed her hands beside Hyejeong.
“ Yeah thanks, It’s fine Yuna it wasn’t even your fault. The patient was 76 years old, and he also suffer other complicated disease, the chance that he could survived that surgery was actually even lower than what we had calculated. I should be more wise to give surgery decision next time, so yeah, I'll be fine, thanks for your concern though.” Hyejeong said without eying the older.
“ Hey, actually me Jimin, Chanmi, and Seolhyun will having a dinner tonight, would you like to join us? You know, the more the merrier, as they say.” 
Hyejeong gave a smirk to the later.
“ Thanks, but you don’t seriously expect me to accept that offer right? Especially since one of you will definitely annoy the hell out of me. I doubted going out with “her” will make me less stressed out, it will be the quite opposite.” Hyejeong can't help but to shake her head in disbelief.
“ Hahahahahahha! You have to give her a chance Hyejeong! She is absolutely sincere about her feeling towards you, you know that right? I mean, yeah I gotta admitted that sometimes her actions was hmm “ too much” but there was not a single day that she won’t talk about how much she loves you and all, not that it bothered me of course.”
“Tch, love? How can she loves me when we’re practically talk so little to one another, we never met outside this hospital, and please don’t remind me of the day she ridiculously bought me a huge huge flower bouquet on valentine’s day infront of everybody else here! Damn, I still got shivered when I remember that day.”
Yuna was laughing her out as she remember how pale her colleague was when Seolhyun bought that bouquet and manage to make a thousand audience to watch the entire thing. 
“Well, to be fair, you did your revenge when you stormed out of there without giving a damn on how ridiculous Seolhyun might felt. She must be completely embarrassed with the whole scene!”
“ And I would be grateful if she did, but in reality she was a complete pain in the ! She shouted that she will be waiting for me Yuna, for pete’s sake! And on top of that she was all smiling when she shouted that she loves me and all that crazy things! Oh God, I really wanted to buried my self that day.” Hyejeong face palmed herself at the memory.
“Well, the bright side is she really did keep her words right, she still courted you till this day.”
“ And that is exactly why Dr Seo, meeting her here in the hospital is more than enough, I don’t want to get another headache with hanging on around with her outside work, now if you will excuse me, I still have to inform the family about the death.” And with that Hyejeong left to change her clothes leaving Yuna with a meaningful smile on her face.
“ We wouldn’t know Hyejeong-ah, who knows maybe one day, your heart will really melted by the warm love of Seolhyun Kim.” Yuna could only said to herself.
.............

 

“ Hello, are you guys here for Mr Park?”
“ Yes, we're the relatives of the patient. You are the one that operated on him right? How’s my father condition?”
Hyejeong took a deep breath and bowed deeply.


“ My sincerest condolences. I'm sorry but we did everything out of our ability. But as I explained to your husband the past few weeks when you are not present, the chances to survive if we insisted on doing this surgery is very low, we did try our best but your father’s conditions and diseases were too hard to fight for him.”

Hyejeong said without lowering her gaze, knowing that the daughter of Mr Park was just as workaholic as she is. She was never presented when her father got her check up and all the health procedures, she gave full concession of her father health and surgery to her husband without even asking if her father wanted or stro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter