[Mike]

Other People ~Merry Xmas~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mike met Amber for the first time, they were at LAX waiting for a late flight to Singapore. He never really cared about Kpop so he thought she was just an ordinary small and feminine boy, until his tripmate Jun introduced her as a member of a famous Kpop girl group. Mike was flabbergasted but Amber just laughed so charmingly. At that moment, he felt that he already knew her since forever.

They had small chat and Mike was fascinated by her light and easy going personality. She was in business class, so they had to bid goodbye. Later that night, after Mike was on the plane, he finally remembered her as an extraordinary Kpop girl with blinding smile, who hosted and performed at KCON '16.

They had few mutual friends so it wasn't difficult for them to become close friends in a short time. Amber was one of a kind. She was always busy, always working, and going to places. Mike didn't get to see her that often but everytime she was in LA, they were inseparable. He was so attached to her and adored her for being strong-willed and ambitious. He thought she was one of the best person he had met, the one who made him feel excited about life, so he liked to stay close.

There was something that made him attracted to her beyond her personality. She cut her hair short, dressed in shirt and pants and had tattoos, but she was so girly. She was strong, but also so fragile. She was taller than most girls, but she was also so slim and small. He always liked her wide smile and her big curious eyes. He wanted to protect her because she reminded him of her little sister.

--

Sometimes it was difficult for him to read Amber's mind. She was always surrounded by the boys and girls, but didn't seem serious about their affections to her. She was either oblivious or just didn't care. He asked about it one time, but Amber just laughed it off. Stefi told him she had a big breakup with her previous boyfriend long ago and she didn't seem to move on anytime soon.

They liked to throw flirty jokes and silly puns to each others like it was nothing. They were compatible, but he just couldn't imagine being all romantic with her. One time, Amber was in Korea, doing some early photoshoot in the morning, while Mike was in another side of word. He was at the set of his drama series, it was almost night time. She FaceTimed him during his break and introduced all her Korean crews, calling him American Oppa. Mike told her he was going to do another kissing scene, and she pretended she was a jealous girlfriend.

"Imma get your and fly there, Mikey Bow. Don't be naughty," Amber warned. Potato chips was in her hand.

"How can I, while ya lookin' like a SNACK today, babe," Mike laughed along with her, emphasizing the love nickname. Amber giggled and talked a bit more about her day, but the photoshoot was about to start, so they both ended the call. Mike was back re-memorizing his lines, when a beautiful girl hugged him from behind.

"She is cute," his co-star Madeleine sighed. She placed her chin oh his shoulder, looking over at the short haired figure in his phone screen. They were going to do romantic and few kissing scenes, the last one before they wrapped the shooting of the day. "Girlfriend?"

"The little devil? Nah. She is a llama, though. So stupid and annoying," Mike laughed, excitedly showing her rows of photos and videos and told her about Amber being a Kpop girlgroup member. His expression lit.

"She is unique."

"Extraordinary. But she is so cute when she smiles."

"Wow, chill, heartthrob. You're totally in love," she said jokingly.

"Just a little crush. She is like a sister to me, Maddie."

She raised her perfect brows at him, kissing him on the cheek. "Let's see about it. They called us. Let's kiss forreal, my guy!"

--

Mike just broke up with his girlfriend. The relationship was short lived but it still affected him. For some reason, he remembered about Amber. It had been a couple of months since he saw his best friend. They both had been busy with work and life, she had been going in and out of countries, and for him, his ex-girlfriend. He wanted to talk her, so he called her in the middle of night.

Amber was awake. When she picked up his call, she pretended that she was mad at him for not talking with her.

"You're so out of reach, Mike," she said, her voice sounded down for a moment but she laughed about it. She never changed and he realized he missed her so much.

Amber was the first person he told about the silly breakup. She listened to his story intently and she was really understanding. He knew the relationship wouldn't last long because he didn't feel anything after a while. Amber scolded him about it, telling him he should be more serious about his love life. They talked for hours and it didn't seem to bother her. That night, Amber also opened up about her past relationships and how she felt about them. Mike had so many questions he wanted to ask, but he just kept silent. He wanted to see her, so he asked her to get some boba together.

The thought of meeting Amber again after some time made him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter