[Amber]

Other People ~Merry Xmas~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber couldn't sleep again that night. She lied down lazily on her bed as she scrolled through her gallery in her phone, her legs dangling from the edge of the bed. She stopped on a specific photo that showed her hugging her bestfriend Mike Bow after one dirty Spartan Race. Her eyes automatically wandered on her friend's good pecks. She bit her lip, something she did whenever feeling nervous.

Last week, they kissed. Not something like loving kiss, it was an acting for her music video, but something about it made her anxious. The kiss was... great, more aggressive than she wanted it to be, and that was the problem. She couldn't forget about it. It still felt so real, she could remember the kiss, his touch, the feeling of his rough skin on her palms, his warm breath... She threw a llama plushie to the wall and ignored the rise of temperature on her face and just slept.

--

Mike did it again, she thought. He was being really clingy and touchy. He was already clingy before but he used to be all bro and bff with her, and this time it kinda felt different. Amber wondered if he was nervous.

They were doing JKP shooting and played some games with all the cast. It was his first time there and he was a great player--she knew it already, pun and no pun intended. Sometimes during the filming, she felt he only looked at her all day and he couldn't keep his hand to himself, that made her uncomfortable. She mostly just ignored it, but she could feel Tiff's and Nicky's knowing stares everytime Mike talked to her or hugged her unknowingly. She was determined to help Mike with his nervousness, or at least that was what she thought. Stupid Mike, she knew she shouldn't have brought Tiff and Nicky to do music video together before shooting JKP.

--

Recently, Amber and Mike had been FaceTiming more often than before, especially when she was not in LA. This time, she was in Japan for her last concert with her Korean company. It was finally the time for them to decide on new contract and they all decided to discontinue and part ways. Tomorrow would be her last day performing on stage with her band mates and other groups, and she felt anxious and sad to say good bye to everyone. She couldn't sleep so she called Mike. It was probably 6 AM in LA and she was ready to give up after some rings, but he picked up her call. He always did.

"Amber, what's up?" Mike sleepy face appeared on her screen. He was wearing his glasses with his hair unsually messy. His morning voice was breathy and hoarse. Something about it made Amber felt giddy.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I woke you up. Can we talk?"

"It's like what..." Mike checked his watch on his nightstand. "...11 PM? Why are you awake? Don't you have concert tomorrow?"

"I can't sleep," she answered shortly.

Mike sensed something was off in her voice, then he noticed her swollen eyes.

"What's wrong? You have been crying?"

Amber shrugged. "I don't know Mike. It's just so surreal. Tomorrow is my last day. I don't know if I'm ready," Amber kept on rambling, her tears rolled uncontrollably.

"Hey, Ambs. Cheer up. It's gonna be okay. You will never ready about this. This is your choice, and sometimes you need a baby llama step in your life," Mike smiled reassuringly. "If you need me, you can summon me using your special remote and I'll be there for you."

Amber pouted and wiped her face.

"Keep smiling and look pretty, okay? I'll send you more dad jokes. I can't think one right now, my brain ed up every morning."

"You don't think I look pretty, dumb ."

Mike raised his brows. "Really?" he said, smirking. "You are cute. Because you're my Baby llama."

Amber didn't respond and stared at the smiling Mike on her screen. Krystal about her kiss with him earlier today. She didn't understand why it affected her but she realized she missed him a lot.

"Hey, I'm sleepy," Amber finally said, her voice was softer.

"I'm sleepy too. Sleep together?"

Amber swallowed an invisible nothing and feeling her heart bumping in her chest. She knew Mike didn't mean anything, he was never serious about things like that. But somehow, it made her happy.

"Yeah, let's do it. Good morning, Mikey Bow."

"Good night, idol. Good luck for tomorrow."

The call ended and her room went silent. Her phone beeped one time--Mike sent a message. She unlocked her phone and found his silly selfie photo with dad jokes under it. Amber stared at the boy in her screen one more time and felt her lips curved into big smile.

The next few days, she already arrived at LAX again. She wanted to text Mike but remembered he told that he was busy fimling and doing some skits with his friends until the end of month. He picked her up at the airport sometimes and she kinda wished he would surprise her like he did before, but it was only her roommate Cass waiting for her. Amber looked around and find no more familiar faces. She shrugged and waved back at him at the arrival gate.

Cass noticed her disappointment and pat her shoulder. "You want boba?"

"Yes. But after that you should drop me off to see Ailee and Eric," Amber said while buckling her seatbelt at the front passenger seat.

"Anything Queen wants," Cass nodded, catching the rise of mood in his roommate's voice.

--

The meeting with Ailee and Eric was fun. She showed them her music video with the heated kissing scene and their reaction was better than she expected. They were the first group of friends she showed her final music video. She wanted to show to her other friends after she arrived home. Even though they never met Mike, all her older friends and family knew him as Mike Bow The Soondobu guy. Amber used to tell stories about him because he was one of her bestfriend. Ailee and Eric again about the kiss after watching the music video for the second time.

"It was only acting, you guys have to chill!" Amber whined, ignoring the funny feeling in her stomach.

"Whatever. You're so red, Amber," Eric laughed again, more hysterical this time.

"Are you sure you don't like him? He is your type, right?" Ailee said, smiling like an angelic mom.

She would be lying if she said he wasn't her type. He had charming smile, nice body, he was taller than her and he was sporty, he played music and sings, and plus, he was a family guy. Maybe she had a slight crush on him two or three years ago when they first met, but Mike was always with beautiful girls. And that always made her want to punch a wall. Amber just laughed it off and joked about wanting to choose Kevin over him.

--

Amber missed her best friend a lot. These days, they only talked through insta comments and DM. They hadn't actually met for a while and it bothered her. Mike didn't show up at Amber's suprise birthday party. He couldn't come to the small party to celebrate her graduation either. She saw him at James' concert with her other friends but he left early before she could meet and give him souvenirs that she bought from Korea.

It was morning time when Mike finally showed up at her front door, grinning widely like nothing happened. He apologized that he couldn't come and gave her a small birthday gift that she really liked. Tonight was X album listening party. Amber wanted to drive her car but Mike insisted to do it because she only slept for few hours. Janet refused to hear their silly argument and took JackJack for a walk, but then Amber's manager John appeared with fruit and sandwiches and he forced them to sit on the backside of his car. Mike threw dad jokes and weird puns all the time, which made Janet laughed. Amber felt tired and sleepy, but she was happy that the old Mike was finally back.

--

With everything going on in the past few months, Amber's mood went into limbo. Sport always cheered her up and she needed that small dose of dopamine. One night, she asked everyone she could think of to go with her to the Spartan Race at Castaic Lake. Only few people showed their interest and availability: Kyle, Edward, and Mike.

This morning, they visited Arden to drop Jack and fetch some breakfast together. She became so much closer to her, especially after they shot a music video together. Arden also scolded her about her pining on Mike and made her realize her true feeling, after all this time.

"It means you have been liking him since long ago! Tell me, did you ask him to play in Other People because you liked him?" Arden asked teasingly.

The girls were sitting lazily on the couch after having l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter