Dr. Psycho 2

Dr. Psycho and the Damsel

[Arkham District, Irene's Villa]

After an hour ride,  Irene's team was finally relieved to have reached Arkham District, Irene's house location. Irene had slept during the car ride and is still currently resting.

Bogum can't help but feel pity towards his friend, for him Irene wasn't just any artist he worked with, she's more than that in his life.

He never left her side despite everything that had happend in the last few months. A recent crime that until today the public has a hard time forgiving. And now it is destroying Irene's career.

When the car finally made a right turn, they were caught with a big surprise.

A huge crowd of reporters, paparazzi and anti-fans were waiting for them outside her house. 

"What could be the reason for this? It couldn't be about that drama. No announcement has yet been made." Bogum wondered.

Phone ringing... 'Manager Lee Calling'

Bogum picked it up and answered the phone. "Hello, this is Bogum speaking."

"Bogum-ssi! Where are you right now? You can't send Irene home right now!!!" said the caller on the other sounding very panicked.

"But why? Is there something wrong Manager Lee? I don't understand what this commotion is all about. We have already arrived here in Arkham district-"

"GET IRENE OUT OF THERE!!! Her house is currently being swarmed by reporters and paparazzi! Did you not hear the news???!" 

"What news are you taking about?" Bogum's forehead creased furthermore as more blood rushed to his face. Just what exactly is going on? But soon after it paled after listening on the other line.

"Leeteuk had escaped prison."

Bogum cannot believe what he just heard. How could it be? Because of the weight of his crimes, he should have been sent to a maximum security prison. He was not only a criminal but also someone who poses danger to all the witnesses, especially to Irene.

Flashback...8 months year ago...

"This honorable court sentences you to imprisonment of  10 years without parole for the following crimes committed, and assault to the following victims: Ko Sekyung and Kang Soohyun"

As the police dragged Leeteuk in handcuffs, he stopped to look at Joohyun who is seated beside his lawyer.

"Farewell for now sister. I promise to come back for you...soon." as he laughed maniacally at his sister's pale reaction. 

Bogum clenched the phone tightly as he replied, "I understand. Where should I take Irene then?"

"Take her here in my apartment. You lot can stay with me for now. You better get going before they notice you. I'll be waiting..." After that Sunny ended the call.

"What is going on Bogum?" Irene asked as she was woken up by the loud voice of Bogum and the commortion outside her house.

"We need to get out of here Irene. You are not coming home for now. " Bogum said seriously and instructed the driver to get them out of that place.

He instructed the driver to drive away but it was futile as one of the paparazzis spotted their car and pointed in their direction. It was too late to drive away for they were instantly surrounded by the crowd. It was like the reporters teleported out of nowhere because the crowd seemingly doubled in numbers at a blink. 

Soon enough there were tappings on the car windows, people squeezing against each other to get a good look at Irene despite the tinted windows. They were hurling questions towards her but they can't hear them due to the closed car.

"We're a stuck sir. We can't drive without hitting anyone at this rate." Said the driver also starting to feel scared.

The tapping had gotten stronger. There were others who resorted to banging the car windows with their fists. Then Bogum's phone started ringing.

Both him and Irene stared at the caller, it says 'Reporter Park'. 

"Hello, this is Park Bogum."

"Hello Manager Park. We would like to know if Irene-ssi has been in contact with her brother Leeteuk? He recently escaped prison..hello?...Manager Park-"

His phone was on loud speaker. He immediately ended the call after catching Irene's horrified expression.

"Irene..."

"Leeteuk...h-he-escaped..." Irene stuttered.

Closing his eyes briefly, Bogum tried to swallow his own fears. He knows exactly what kind of threat Leeteuk is to Irene. As strong and confident Irene can be, the memory of Leeteuk still haunts her and now he's escaped...

"THAT'S IT!!! I don't care if we hit anybody get us out of here, damn it!" Bogum shouted.

"You got it sir!!!" 

The driver revved the car as a warning to those who were in close proximity with their car. One man dared to jump at the hood of their car and crashed loudly against its surface but failed to hold on as the driver aggressively moved the car away from where they're parked, continuously honking to whoever dares to block their way. It seemed to work as the people scattered and finally unblocked their escape route.

 

An hour later.....

Sunny's Apartment Complex

'listen to me Joohyun.... everything that I do is for you my sweet sister... Sehun and I will make sure that nothing stands in our happiness... we will be together.... forever...' 

"I'm very sorry Irene... the reporters and paparazzis must have been awful..."

A warm voice suddenly drew Irene's attention back to reality. It seemed that she has been spacing out.

She looked at the elegantly dressed woman who is now serving her tea. She is shorter than Irene and her hair is in a pixie cut.

"I'm alright Sunny- unnie... it's not your fault."Irene said.

"Manager Lee, how could they know where she lives? It's a new and private villa. There aren't even many residences in that area..." asked Bogum who's pacing back and forth, out habit trying to calm his nerves and think rationally.

"I really don't know. Nobody besides the CEO and our team knows about Irene's real address. I called you after receiving a call from the CEO to check on Irene." Sunny explained knowing how frustrating the whole experience must have been for them, especially to Irene.

"Look... Irene, aside from the media, what we need to address right now is how to keep you safe. The authrorities have also been asking if you have been in touched with him. They want to ask you some questions..." 

"But he just escaped, it hasn't even been hours yet..." A deep frown settled on Irene's face. Something feels off.

"It seems like he's escaped for a week now... I think authorities want to get to you first before your brother does... to protect you ... and use you as bait..." Sunny said slowly, not really wanting to bring their artist more bad news.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!!" Bogum burst out, angered even by the mere thought of the suggestion.

"Mr. Park, calm down pls. I am not crazy and neither do I think that this is a great idea." Sunny said, still looking and sounding composed. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to shout." 

"I understand. But at least hear me out, I think that we need to get Joohyun away from here..." Sunny said, directing her eyes to Irene.

"Where would I go? I'm afraid there's not a place in Seoul or even in Korea  where I can hide from my brother." Irene uttered solemnly, too scared and too drained with everything that's been happening.

"I think I know a place where you can go. You can go abroad."

Irene and Bogum looked at Sunny as if she's crazy.

"But.. I have never left Korea before...  and i have nowhere to stay there...I can't.." Irene reasoned, still trying to process the suggestion. All her life, she never thought of leaving Korea. Does she really have to now?

"Irene's right... it's too far. We need to think of another place.

"There won't be a safe place for as long as her brother knows that she's here in Korea. Don't forget that your brother used to be a mayor of this city Joohyun. He still has enough connections if he can escape prison." 

Sunny is one of those who got to know Leeteuk when Irene was first introduced as a young starlet in their company. Her impression of him was a dashing and doting brother who will do anything for his sister. He was a businessman with enough charisma that landed him one of the most important political positions in Korea. But it turns out that they've been played a fool by this devil.

"Your safety is our priority Joohyun. I used to live in L.A and my apartment is still there. Use it as a temporary hide out just until Leeteuk is caught by the authorities." Sunny offered, showing pictures of an apartment in her tablet.

"Manager Lee surely there must be something our company the can do to protect Irene..." Bogum suggested.

"I'm afraid there's only so much that the company can do... I think this is not something that the CEO would want us to meddle with. But I'll try to make sure that all ur funds are secured and available for your perusal even if u are abroad."

There was a moment of silence in the room. Indeed there's nowhere safe that Irene can hide from her brother. With the media, her brother and the authorities being after her, she'll never be safe for as long as she stays in Korea.

"I agree. Please book me a ticket to L.A as soon as possible." said Irene, her voice laced with resignation.

..............................

 

 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER....

____________________________________________________________

 

Hello!

It's been a long while.

Sorry Leeteuk fans, just know that I think highly of Leeteuk as a villain actor.

Let's keep reading and writing more wenrene fanfics :)

Be safe everyone.

__________________________________________________________