Dr. Psycho 1

Dr. Psycho and the Damsel

"I'm afraid we cannot go on with the show Irene-sshi. The last 3 months' ratings had been very low and everyday, our production team had been receiving tons hate mails from the viewers. They want us to stop the show because of you..."

Irene took a deep sigh as she zoned out from the producer's explaination on how she's negatively affecting the drama's viewership, her own drama.

The last few months, she had been in and out of the station's conference room listening to the bad feedbacks about their drama because of her being a part of the cast.

Times like this makes her reminisce how these folks used to knock on her very home, just so they could secure her casting in this drama and now look how the tides have changed. They literally want her out of the small screens, after the cancellation of a dozen endorsements, her dramas are next to go away.

"... therefore, the station has decided that this will be the .... last time that you will be starring as lead of the show. We are hoping for your understanding." the producer had stated.

Right...the drama will not be ending, thestory's plot is just too good and they had already invested a lot of money in its production. Afterall,  it was supposed to be a big hit. Now the plan backfires because of her. So they do the next right thing to do and that is to eliminate the problem, her.

Trying to not to crack her voice, Irene plucks up the courage to respond towards the producer.

"I do understand. I just want to apologize for the inconvenience I have brought everyone---

But before she could finish, someone cuts her off...

"What about her contract with you? She hasn't even been paid since the first episode and now you are dropping her from the role. You have to at least give her the talent fees for the episodes she had done!"

Beside her was Park Bogum, her childhood friend and manager who has been with her through thick and thin.

"The management feels that the scandal dragging Irene-sshi had incurred unaccounted setbacks and therefore the management finds it unnecessary to honor the prior contract agreed between the artist and the management."

The producer rigidly said as if it wasn't obvious enough that he was being forced to placate this situation on his own.

It seems like the station's management ordered him to settle everything without a single penny coming out from the company's vaults. They wouldn't want to pay a problematic artist like her.

"How the fu*k is this a settlement!!! This is against the law! you are being unfair to Irene!"

Irene usually appreciates how Bogum had always protected her from all kinds of issues throughtout her career. But somehow right now, she doesn't feel like fighting for her cause. She feels like this is a prize she must pay even if it was her brother and boyrfriend's mistake.

"i accept the consequences of this settlement. I have no further arguments." she hurriedly stands up, grabs her bag and leaves the room.

"wait Irene-!" Bogum calls out and runs after her but not before landing a punch on the producer's face.

[During the car ride on their way home....]

"Irene we could have salvaged your situation. Why did you run away?" Bogum scolded.

Being Irene's manager for almost 6 years, he had faced a lot of scams and scheming in the industry and he knows when he could win a fight. Both verbal and fistfight.

"I know when I am unwanted, Bogum. There's no point trying to push myself on that role. The people doesn't want me. No one would pay to watch me model and act now."

"Now that is not true at all Irene-

"---most especially if my only brother is a ual offender and my ex-boyfriend is convicted for murder!"

 

 

p.s any familiar events, places, people and situations related to this story are mere coincidences only.