-♡-

Little Big Helper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hooray, I really managed to finish this story BEFORE holidays! In this way I wanted to congratulate you (and myself because I enjoyed writing this a bit too much haha) with all the upcoming holidays you celebrate :) And I also wish a new year to be the happiest for you all!^^ Before we proceed I want to say that this story is something new for me as I tried to make it more fairytale-ish and honestly? I'm happy with the result haha, but just don't expect much from it. This is something written for the sake of cuteness^^ And I also ignored everything we know about pixies, weather and even Santa. Just for it to work the way I want :) Hope you'll enjoy anyway, congratulations once again!♥

_____________

Have you ever thought about how miracles happen?

Most of you would answer that miracles don’t exist. Every miracle can be either explained thanks to science or is nothing but a pure coincidence. Miracles don’t happen.

Or maybe you simply don’t believe in them?

Call him weird, but Hyukjae always believed in miracles. He believed in miracles when he was a kid, didn’t lose his faith when he was a teenager and still had it now once he became an adult. Yes, Lee Hyukjae was a 26-years-old guy who believed in miracles and often was laughed at due to that.

However, those who believe in miracles always deserve for ones to happen to them.

***

“New day, new work!” someone said excitedly. “We have a lot of things to do today, friends! Today is…”

“First snow!” another cheerful voice interrupted the previous speaker; somehow the one who was talking right now sounded even more excited. “First snow, first snow! The streets are going to be so pretty! We shall do our best to make them pretty, shall we, shall we?”

Donghae – of course it was him who screamed those words – has always been the most enthusiastic when it came to winter. It was his favorite season, after all. Despite loving rain with his heart and soul, this little weather maker always preferred winter. This tiny magic everywhere, pretty colorful streets, white roofs of the buildings… Winter is the season of miracles. And it was Donghae’s biggest dream to make miracles.

They were just tiny weather makers (though they could become humans size!), pixies people would call them, but every pixie of weather was able to get a promotion and to start making miracles come true one day. They had to train, to prove they’re strong and responsible, but also kind and pure. If they met all the requirements, they became pixies of miracles. That was Donghae’s aim to become one. And well, considering being kind and pure there were no problems, but when it came to being strong and responsible… Uhh…

He wasn’t the best, to be honest. Though he tried hard, really hard! But no one believed he actually is capable to do serious stuff, so no one ever entrusted him to do it. Teachers said he’s not ready. Donghae thought he never had his chance to shine. Other pixies only laughed at him.

“Yeah, Donghae, I was about to mention it before you interrupted me,” his teacher said, crossing her arms and looking at him with clear judgement in her eyes.

“Oops,” he laughed awkwardly and went back in the line. “Sorry.”

“What an idiot,” someone said, and other pixies started laughing; Donghae pouted unconsciously.

It’s always been like that. No matter what he did, even if it wasn’t funny everyone started mocking him. People usually imagined pixies as cute kind creatures, but there was a solid reason why being kind and pure were among the list of requirements to become the pixie of miracles.

You see… pixies are es. They’re always being rude to each other, competing to get a promotion, mocking each other… That’s why Donghae who always found those things really mean and absolutely unacceptable to do never fit in their society. He was too soft to talk back, too kind to be really angry at them, too cheerful to focus on their mockery. Though it hurt. Sometimes their words hurt a lot. That’s why he hoped that one day he will be strong enough to become the pixie of miracles. Not only to be able to talk to kind pixies, but also to be able to make people (and not only people) smile.

“Okay, folks, let’s start with our to-do list,” the teacher said; excitement was clearly heard in her voice. “Since it’s the first day of snowing we have a lot of things to do…”

Donghae looked at his fellow pixie in anticipation. Call him silly (but don’t call him stupid, please, he might cry), but every time they got some things to do this guy hoped he’ll get to work on something serious. Every time it seemed like pixies always forgot that he actually existed and made him do things that weren’t that necessary or just a dirty work. But he worked hard every time (even though he failed a little… sometimes a lot…), so he hoped to get to do more important things one day.

And this time it seemed like the pixie who was announcing tasks actually remembered about him. After calling a few names she looked at Donghae with a smile and said, “Donghae, we have a special task for you this time.”

His eyes sparkled; no one even dared to say something mean after they saw it. Not like they suddenly became soft for him, more like everyone anticipated what that ‘special task’ was.

“Oh, really?” Donghae asked, and the pixie nodded.

“We need you to paint windows.”

Silence.

“To paint… windows?”

“Uh-huh. The snow is a little bit late this time, that’s why we couldn’t draw winter patterns on the windows of humans’ houses and other buildings, but today we need to fix it. It’s cold and snowy outside, but no winter patterns on the windows? What a shame! We need you to be one of those pixies who will draw them.”

‘You said other pixies… but why did you call only my name?’ Donghae thought, and apparently he wasn’t the only one.

Almost everyone chuckled. That was the kind of task pixies usually assigned to… the youngest pixies. It was important, yes, as pixies of weather they had to make sure everything’s pretty and perfect, but… Donghae hoped to get a promotion, yet this task was even easier than the one he got last time. And of course others couldn’t not comment about it.

“I never even got to paint windows… just how miserable he is?”

“He screws up whatever they assign him to, no wonder older pixies snapped and decided to make him do something he can’t destroy.”

“Even if he will, painting windows is the least important task, no one will notice.”

Donghae pouted. He pouted really hard and apparently looked weird, but that was the only thing he could do to prevent himself from crying. The older pixie didn’t even try to stop them. She continued smiling as if nothing happened and said, “Please remember to not be caught by humans. Not many of them believe in miracles nowadays, but we don’t want to fight yet another kid who might want to tear off your wings, okay?”

People weren’t able to see pixies unless they believe in miracles. You have to believe in something and know it exists to see it, right? And adults were even more rare to believe in those (though Donghae always found it sad), so he had to beware kids. Though the guy knew that already and there was no need to remind him about it…

Donghae nodded and sighed. He could only accept the task.

***

Maybe it was a simple task but this pixie wasn’t able to hide his excitement about upcoming winter. Donghae changed his outfit to beautiful white winter coat and even changed his hair color to blonde. He looked wonderful, to say the least, and that also was a perfect way to hide. Even if some kids happen to spot him, they’ll think about him as about a snowflake. Hopefully no one will come up with a horrible idea of tearing his wings off.

Despite not being fond of doing this kind of work, Donghae did it thoroughly. He put his heart and soul into every line of those patterns he kept drawing on the windows. He wasn’t allowed to repeat it twice, and it was truly entertaining to come up with new and new ideas every time. Sometimes he could even hear someone saying, “Look at the window! It’s pretty!”

And Donghae felt proud. Because people liked his work. Maybe it wasn’t important, but as long as he was able to put a smile on someone’s face he was happy with it. He even started liking it eventually.

Being a tiny pixie, he couldn’t paint a lot of windows; it took him around 5 minutes to finish one, but just imagine how many windows there are in the city! Though Donghae was responsible for one district only, he still had a lot of windows to decorate, so he hoped to not stuck somewhere. He hoped.

But things always went wrong for him somehow, remember? This time wasn’t an exception.

The blonde was finishing one of the biggest windows he ever seen; apparently that was a house of a star or maybe someone people call businessman? Even though he barely had time to look inside, the pixie noticed how rich the apartment looked and couldn’t prevent himself from whistling. That person for sure was someone important in a world of humans. He wished he could become someone as important in a world of pixies one day…

Those big windows for sure were expensive, but Donghae realized they were super expensive the moment when one of them opened automatically without making any noise. There were no one in the room! Why did it even?..

The blonde rushed to another side, hoping to escape from an opening window, but didn’t manage to. One window opened and closed immediately, he was hit by a huge frame and eventually… his wings stuck.

Yeah.

Yeah.

No matter how hard Donghae tried to break free, he was a tiny pixie who was stuck in the big window. Too small to do something about it. He could ask other pixies for help, but the moment he thought about all of them laughing because of this situation… the guy shook his head. No, he had to do something by himself. He could actually become a human size and free himself maybe…

But of course that very moment the lights in the room and someone entered. The pixie panicked and tried to steal a glance on the person who just came in and sighed in a relief once he noticed a grown-up man doing stuff in the room. He won’t notice him until the blonde’s in his little pixie form, so Donghae can do whatever he wants.

Struggling to free himself, the pixie started tossing and turning, hoping to release his wings eventually, but that only hurt him. He was fragile, okay. His wings couldn’t survive too much of a damage; he won’t be able to fly home, so he had to be careful, but it seemed like there was no chance to free himself while being careful.

Donghae kept fighting the window and freed one wing eventually, screaming a little (his magic pollen fell off and that hurt), and hung on one wing, crying in desperation and out of pain, before someone’s hand grabbed him gently and opened the window, freeing little pixie from his trap. His wings hurt a lot and Donghae wasn’t able to fly immediately; he actually kept crying because of the stinging pain in his back but soon felt someone caressing his head gently, saying, “There, there. You’re free now, no need to cry.”

He was offered a handkerchief – a rather big one – and was able to wipe his tears and blow his nose, calming down a little. The hand that was holding him was soft and warm, causing shivers throughout his body (pixies can get cold too, okay). The only thing Donghae wanted to do is to snuggle into that hand and purr (pixies could purr and imitate other animals’ sounds) out of excitement, but he managed to no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter