I'm Sorry

You Belong With Me (Revamping)

He stood at that same junction with his feet glued to the ground. He was struggling to walk further as if someone was holding him tight, preventing him from crossing the street. He saw her walked alone at the opposite junction, looking so vulnerable.

"KIM SOOJIN!" he shouted to gain her attention but failed. She seemed oblivious to her surroundings. He wanted to run to her but the traffic stopped him. The red light seemed taking too long to change. In the middle of anxiety, he noticed a high beam light came from a speeding car with loud honk echoed throughout the street. His eyes grew bigger when he noticed where the car was headed.

“WATCH OUT!!!” He shouted.

*BAM!!!*

His eyes bulged as he saw her body slammed against the car before crashing down to the ground with her eyes staring at him. Her blood was flooding from her back, pooling around her head before drenching her upper body.

“SOOJIN!!!!” Doojoon shouted as he woke up abruptly. His chest heaved, gasping for air. He rubbed his face when he aware that he was in his bedroom, soaking in sweat. He looked at the clock on the wall, pointing at 3 in the morning. It was the same dream again, tormenting him every night since that incident. He picked up a framed picture on his bedside table. A picture of a woman in her wedding dress, smiling brightly.

"I'm sorry…"

 

-----------------------

 

Soojoong literally just poking her breakfast instead of eating it. She lost in her thought. Something has been disturbing her since she woke up a while ago.

"Yah! Why you stick the chopstick in the bowl? Are you praying?" A voice greeted her, shoving her deep thought away.

"Hyunseung oppa! When did you come back? I thought you're still at the hospital." She spoke when he saw Hyunseung descended the stair, walking towards her.

"Well~ my schedule change. By the way, why you look so bothered? Anything to share?" Hyunseung asked as he sat down in front of his beloved cousin. Leaning his chin against his palm with a smile.

"Nothing…it just a dream." She replied before sipping her morning coffee. Hyunseung's smile died down. He adjusted his position and crossed his arms against his chest.

"What are you dreaming?" He asked while looking at her. Soojoong shrugged her shoulders.

"That's the problem! I don't even remember what it is and it's bothering me!" She said as she stood up and brought her bowl to the sink.

"You're sooo weird. How can you be bothered by that?" Hyunseung shook his head. "I thought you are…" he paused. "Hermmm…nevermind. Do you want me to take you to the florist? I'm off duty today." Hyunseung changed the subject and offered her a ride.

"Aren't you tired? You just came back from work…" She asked. He smiled again.

"Well~ anything for my princess!" He chorused. Her eyes bulged.

"Hey! People might have mistaken us for a couple if they heard you." She reminded him and that 4D prince just laughed heartily.

 

----------------------

 

"I hate you!"

That words kept echoing in Doojoon's head as if someone was shouting on his face. He took the watch on the dressing table and wore it on his wrist before he looked into the mirror and saw his reflection in a black suit. Only one word to describe his look at the moment-terrible. Nothing could hide his emotion. He took a deep breath before letting out a heavy sighed.

*Katalk!* Doojoon picked up his phone and opened it for the 1st time after 5 months of long break.

"Doojoon hyung, are you coming to the office today?" he read Dongwoon message in the group chatroom.

"Doojoonie~ we have a meeting in the afternoon. Please come. You're still part of us." Yoseob's message appeared afterward.

"That's right, Doojoon-ah~ you can share anything with us. We miss the old Yoon Doojoon." Gikwang's message followed up. He read all messages without replying. He then switched off the phone, taking his car key and walked away.

 

----------------------

 

*CLING* The bell clanked when Doojoon pushed the door and stepped inside the florist. He stood in front of purple flowers that attracted him.

“Purple Hyacinth is good to show your regret.” A soft and warm voice caught him off guard. He turned around. His eyes grew bigger as he saw a girl was walking towards him while holding a pot of red tulips. He was stunned. The time seemed stopped ticking. He saw her, walking to him while holding her favourite flowers with a smile.

“You want any help? Or you already decided which flowers you want?” Soojoong asked him after putting the tulips beside the purple flowers. Doojoon couldn’t look away from that girl’s face as if he was enchanted.

“You...”

“Are you ok, sir?” Soojoong asked the man before her who didn’t speak anything other than staring at her. “By the way, I’m Soojoong.” She said, introducing herself in that awkward moment. Hearing that name, Doojoon felt like someone was slapping him, hard.

“I’m sorry… what did you say?” Doojoon spoke after realizing his mistake. ‘Stupid! It’s impossible.’ He cursed himself from inside.

 

------------------------

 

Doojoon stood in front of a grave. He put the purple flower he bought on the tomb. He looked at her picture, smiling brightly. He remembered the words of the florist girl.

"She must be a girl, right?" She took a guess with a small smile before handed him the flower bouquet. He smiled slightly without answering. "Don't worry! No woman can reject flowers and chocolate. Good luck!" She said as he walked away. He stopped and looked back at her for nth times, wanting to say something but the only thing came out from his mouth-"Thank you."

"Is it that easy? Flowers and chocolate? Will you forgive me if I bring you flowers and chocolate every day? I've wronged you so much… How I wish, I could turn back time…but the damaged is done. I can only bear the consequence of my stupidity. Only if I ask my dad the truth…" He paused. His father's words that day crossed his mind.

"You got it all wrong! They never mistreated me. They have helped me instead! You think where I got the money to start our lives again? When your mother died, I was broke. The bank put the house for auction. Her father bought the house for us but I was the one insisted to not taking it because it was already theirs and I was penniless to maintain it . Her late father was the one helping me back up again. I was indebted to her father. That's why I wanted you to marry her!" Mr. Yoon paused, a long one.

"My mistake. I thought you like her, seeing how you were closed to her in your teens. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. I was ashamed of being a failure. I have never expected you would be holding a grudge against them." Mr. Yoon added deeply, sounding disappointed.

A rain dropped brought Doojoon back to reality. He looked up and saw the gloomy sky. His chest heaved up before letting out a deep and heavy sigh.

 

-----------------------

 

Soojoong couldn’t focus on the flower wreath she supposed to decorate in front of her. That man's face kept appearing in her mind, disturbing her inner peace. She kept recalling that morning incident.

He took the purple flowers bouquet and walked towards the exit. He pushed the glass door and then halted before turning his back, staring at her for the nth times, he bit his lips, looking hesitated.

"Anything?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. He shook his head then smiled lightly.

"Thank you." He said before stepping out the store.

 

*BOOM!*

 

A thunder sound brought back Soojoong to reality. She looked around, the store was empty and it was raining cats and dogs outside. She saw the flower wreath before her was still untouched. The incident that morning still fresh in her mind. She couldn't forget the look on his eyes. Soojoong sighed and picked up a scissor.

"I better finish this~" She muttered as she cut the stem, tried to focus on her actual work. However, her pace was getting slower and slower and eventually stopped working. Her mind was wondering again.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" She kept asking herself that question. That look was really disturbing her. It seemed that he wanted to tell her something but he was hesitating.

"Did he know me?" She asked herself. She was deep in the thought when suddenly…

 

*ZZZZZZZ~~BOOM!*

 

"Arggg!!!" She screamed as a flash of lightning strike right in front of her eyes before the whole store black out. The scissor she has been holding dropped on the floor. Her heartbeat moved faster. A throbbing sensation started creeping up in her head. She squeezed her forehead, hoping the pain would go away but it throbbed even stronger. She walked towards her bag, attempted to find her medicine. Unfortunately, she fell down and felt someone's arms on her back.

"Are you ok?"

She heard a faint voice before her world turned dark.