The Best Party I've Been To

How Our Relationship Works
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going out, would you like come with me?"

"No, thanks. I'm good."

"Come on, it's just a house party anyway."

"You know that I'm not really into parties."

"I know. It's not like we're going out every night. It's nice to mingle once in a while."

"It's nice to just stay at home too."

"Yeah. Don't you remember, I met you at a party too?"

 

 

 

 

2 years ago...


Sakura went out with her team to celebrate one of her colleagues' birthday. It took a lot of convincing before they got Sakura to join them. Being a home buddy, Sakura would always chose to go home instead of going out, partying. Since her team succeeded on tagging her along, she had no choice but spend the night not in her comfort zone. 

After having a few drinks, Sakura found herself being dragged to the dancefloor. Seeing how everyone around her is enjoying, she decided not to be a party pooper. It's not really her thing but she just enjoyed that moment. Loud music, dancing, laughter and cheers, it's what surrounded Sakura. 

As she slowly leave to go back to their table, she accidentally bumped into someone. She apologized and then she continued walking. When she was almost at their table, she heard loud cheers coming from the dancefloor. She saw people heading to that direction. Out of curiosity, she went back to see what the commotion is about. 

Someone took over the dancefloor. A woman is gracefully dancing in the middle while a lot of people hype her up. Sakura came closer and recognized the one who is dancing. It's the person she bumped into a while ago. 

'She's a good dancer', she told herself.

She stepped out from the crowd and returned to their table. Some of her colleagues are already there. They teased Sakura as they continue drinking. After a while, the rest of the team returned. Sakura checked the time, it's past midnight. She excused herself to go to the washroom. As she stepped out of the cubicle, she saw the woman who danced in the middle of the dancefloor washing her hands.


"You're a good dancer", Sakura said. 


The woman looked up and then she looked around to check if it's her that Sakura is referring to. 


"Thank you!", she said.


Sakura smiled and left the washroom. 

The woman headed out too to follow Sakura. She stopped and decided to look after her from afar. From where she's standing, she saw Sakura stood up and waved her hand. She was leaving. The woman walked towards her. Sakura noticed that someone is behind her. She glanced at her back and immediately stopped as she realized it's that woman again, the good dancer.


"Yes?", Sakura asked.


The woman took a few seconds before she responded, "Hi!".


Sakura just gave her a confused look.


"I'm Chaeyeon", the woman said.

"I'm Sakura and I'm leaving."

"Already?", Chaeyeon replied.

"It's almost 1:00 AM, it's late."


Chaeyeon smirked.


"You got a curfew or something?", she asked.

"It's not that. Let's just say I've reached my limit and it's time to go home", Sakura answered.

"Can I atleast but you a drink before you go?"

"Hmmm..."

"Please?"

"Ok, fine."


Chaeyeon picked their spot and bought Sakura her drink.


"After I finish this, I'm really leaving"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter