Carpe Diem in Christmas

Carpe Diem in Christmas | Minayeon AU [UPDATE SOON]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Carpe Diem in Christmas

Minayeon AU

 

It’s a beautiful day in December in Seoul, Korea. This night snow fell, and I hope that it will snow at Christmas and it will stick… Each year, the first snowfall in Seoul happens in late November or early December, but it rarely sticks… 

My nose and mouth are covered by my red scarf. I walk quickly to keep warm towards my workplace. It’s a cozy café and tea shop where people use to work or read while drinking a hot beverage and maybe eating a piece of cake. 

The little bell on the door sounds when I enter the place. Three heads turn towards my direction, my coworkers and a client who quickly dives again into work. I’m greeted by a glare and a grin. My superior, Jihyo, the shop owner, scolds me for being late twice this week. I apologize again, but Jihyo is a kind person and says that it doesn’t matter now because I’m just late for eight minutes, and that it’s not crowded yet because they just opened, but that I shouldn’t be late anymore… I didn’t really pay attention to her ranting and apologized a couple of times, adding that I won't be late anymore.

Sana, my co-worker, who's also my best friend, was mimicking Jihyo’s expressions behind her back, and I had to bite my lip for stopping myself from laughing at it. When my boss was tired of talking about responsibility and organization and school and studies and sleep time, and I don’t remember what else, she just sighed, gave me my apron and headed to the kitchen for taking out the ginger cookies from the oven.

Sana approached me, still grinning at me:

“Hey, Nay! Why were you late? Did you finished studying late again?” she said. “You shouldn’t work that much; you should care about your health more. You know you’re already the best of your prom, no need to study more,” she added without letting me answer her questions.

“You started to sound like Jihyo! But, in the end, you just want me to go to your silly parties, and I don’t think that alcohol is healthy, by the way,” I said to her while chuckling and putting my apron on. I gazed at the tables, and I saw the only client, working on a laptop.

~  ~  ~  

“You sound like a grandma.”

“Yah! Respect, young lady,” I playfully scold her, still staring at the beautiful girl who is slightly frowning, making a small line above her nose, between her eyebrows because of concentration.

Sana notices my stare and says with a playful tone, “She’s been here every day, since, when was it?” there’s a small silence as she mimics trying to remember and then states, “it’s been three weeks, Nayeon. You’re going to make the girl poor!” she playfully slaps my arm.

“Ow! What was that for? It’s not my fault if that woman likes this place!” I whine at Sana, who smirks while just saying, “Yeah, right.” I didn’t understand when I heard her mumble, “Love makes people blind indeed.” I just ignored her and started fixing the teapots and washing the coffee machines. Sana just re-counted the coins in the cash register and smiled politely at every new client coming in.

She elbowed me while saying, “Keep an eye on the register, will you?” she walked to a table next to the beautiful girl’s table where a group of loud girls just seated for taking their order and not-so-discreetly touching now and then a pale cute girl. She’s talking even more to them; she almost drops her pencil on the floor. Gosh! My friend is so flirty and clumsy at the same time. No wonder that she hasn’t got a girlfriend yet. But she’s the college beauty. All the guys are head over heels for her; I wonder what is so special about her. Wait, am I jealous? No. I’m just wondering. I glance at the beautiful girl. I’m so absorbed by my thoughts that I overlooked that Sana is back.

“Her name is Mina; she’s Japanese, she’s in junior year. It’s all I have for now.”

I don’t understand. “What are you talking about?”

“The beauty who’s been crushing on you for the past weeks. She doesn’t have coffee in her cup anymore. Go fill it and ask for her number. Now go!” She pushes me out of the counter and puts the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter