Métier

The Distinct Attraction [COMPLETED]
**JANG GEUN SEUK'S POV**

It’s been 2 months now since __________-yah moved here. And there are lots of things I found out about her. Lots of it. And I am sure that she’s not just a pretty face. There’s much more than that. I get easily pissed off when she’s loud or being hyperactive but I realized that it is not boring to be with someone like her. After all, my life is completely boring.
And ________-yah found out more about me than I expected. She already knows that I really like Hae Yoon. And I know she won’t stop bothering me about this topic. It’s already Monday and we still have to go to class. Since I do not have any drivers, I decided to walk to school. I get ready and changed into my uniform. I descend the stairs and saw _________-yah at the dining area. Eating her breakfast.

“Caramel-girl… you’re early…??” I asked her sarcastically.
“Yeah… I’m on classroom duty today” ________-yah answered. I grinned. I saw the food she was eating. It’s her favorite. Choco boy.
“So you’re eating that as your breakfast?” I pointed at the box she was holding.
“Oh… this?? Yeah…”
“I’ll walk with you to the school”
“Really?!”
“Yup!”
“Are you sure you’re going to be okay, Mr. Idol?” __________-yah asked me.
“Aisht! I cannot believe it! You’ve been calling me names that I do not understand?”
“Okay… Shall I stick with Mr. Idol then?” She asked me. Smiling.
“Whatever…” I replied. Avoiding her very charming smile, I stood up and went straight to the door.
“Yah! I thought you’re going to walk with me!” She shouted, I heard her followed me. She closed the door behind her and started walking we were just beside each other.

“Oh! I totally forgot to ask you! What were you doing back there? That Thursday night while I was dealing with Bae’s gang? Why did you come back??” ________-yah asked me.
“Coz it’s already late and you still hasn’t comeback and then I remembered you and Bae’s arguments that morning. And your brother’s warning about how hype are you when it comes to trouble. Put it together and I did come to a conclusion and when I got there. I was right…” I explained as we walked.
“Why is it always me?! What about Bae! Aigoo~!” _______-yah rolled her eyes away from me.

I kind of understand what she meant. She will never do that if Bae provoked her to. She was in the right position at that time. She let Bae go but Bae ruined her treasured car. But she already forgotten about it. The surprising thing was, She and Bae are now friends.

We reached the school and we entered the school building. We went straight to our classroom. Since it was still early, there’s no one there. ___________-yah started cleaning the blackboard and the whole room as I waited on my seat. Our classmates started to come one by one.

“Yo! Geun Seuk-ah!” Lee Hong Ki, my closest friend since freshman year came in to the room and sat on his seat just beside mine on the second row. I nod as a reply. “__________-sshi! Morning!”
“Ah! Hong Ki-sshi! Goodmorning!” they greeted each other as ___________-yah stood at the front while she continue to clean the blackboard.

The bell rang and ____________-yah went back to her seat. The teacher came in and the class started.

**_________'S POV**

After my algebra class, I accidentally passed by the faculty office where Hong Ki-sshi was called on for something earlier. I heard someone shouting. I stopped just in front of the door.

“Lee Hong Ki-sshi! If you cannot pass my midterms exams, I am sure that we won’t be allowing you to get more exams in the future!” It was our algebra teacher, Mr. Kang.
“Sorry, Mr. Kang. I promise to pass your midterm exams.”
“Coz all you can do is basketball!? Aisht!? Ok… you can go now.”

Hong Ki-sshi opened the door and I saw his sad face. He turned to me and was surprised.

“__________-sshi?! Did you hear…?? Aigoo~! That was embarrassing…”
“Mianhae, Hong Ki-sshi… I did not mean to eavesdrop. Heehehehe! But… is there a problem??”
“Hmmm… Yeah… My algebra grade seems to be dropping. Mr. Kang told me that I need to pass his exams if I want to pass on his subject”
“oh… I see… If you need any help. I’ll be happy to lend a hand”
“Really?!”

I nod. I really wanted to help my friends. After all, Hong Ki seems to be a very kind guy.

“________-yah!! Sorry… but can I call you ________-yah! It seems that we’re really close now!?” He told me. He was so happy.
“Yeah sure… No problem!” I smiled.
“Anyways… I have to go and get to the gym now. I’ll be consulting you on my algebra problems! Hahaha! Thank you, again, _______-yah!” He shouted as he ran away, waving at me.

**NO ONE'S POV**

Jang Geun Seuk was walking around the school grounds when he found himself at the entrance gate. He saw the President of the student council talking to a guy from the other school just outside the school gate across the street. Geun Seuk was watching them talking when the guy’s next move surprised him. The guy grabbed the president’s collar and pushed her in to the wall. Geun Seuk could see that the President is already crying. He crossed the street and out of nowhere punched the guy in to the face.

“What the hell are you doing, harassing her like that?!” Geun Seuk shouted, as the guy sits on the ground, looking angrily at Geun Seuk while he was touching his left swollen cheek.

“Are you, ok, Choo Hee-sshi??” Jang Geun Seuk asked her as she continues to sob. She nod. The guy stood up and stood right in front of Geun Seuk.
“And who are you??? Her knight in shining armor?” The guy grinned.
“Dae Jung-oppa…” Choo Hee said.
“Choo Hee-sshi? Is this guy your boyfriend or something?” Geun Seuk asked her. Referring to the guy.
“He’s my boyfriend, Geun Seuk-sshi?”
“Hmph… So this good-for-nothing guy is your boyfriend?”

Choo Hee nod and Geun Seuk grinned. “And what seems to be your problem. Both of you?”
“That’s just between us!” Dae Jung shouted at Geun Seuk.
“You!?... Aisht! I’m not supposed to bother you both. But do you know what time it is, Choo Hee-sshi!? It’s still school time and my grandma will be responsible for you if something happens to you here!”
“Ahh… I thought you like my girl, that’s why you’re stopping us.”
“What?? Hah! I cannot believe it. And I do not like the way you treat her either that’s why I came running here.”
“Aisht….! You’re annoying!” Dae Jung scratched his head to show how annoyed he is. Geun Seuk grinned.
“Why don’t you just let her be?”
“Let her be. Just like that? Hah!” Dae Jung looks at Geun Seuk as if he’s challenging him. “Since you’re already here. Why don’t we make a deal. At the plaza, Meet me there. 7 pm sharp. Got it?”
“What’s the deal?”
“Beat me in a fight and I’ll let Choo Hee go and if not. You’ll stay out of our business.”
“Deal”
“Geun Seuk-sshi!” Choo Hee called him, telling him that is not okay for her.
“It’s okay, Choo Hee-sshi… It’s just I do not want any students in our school to be bothered by someone like him.”
“Ja… I’ll see you then… Geun Seuk-sshi…”

Dae jung walked on. Leaving Geun Seuk and Choo Hee. “Geun Seuk-sshi. Sorry about this. But you don’t have to do this for me.”
“It’s ok.” Geun Seuk said to her.
“But… you’re not good in fighting.”
“Aisht… yeah. I guess. Bit I’ll try to protect our Student Council President.” He smiled at Choo Hee and She blushed. “Come on! We’re going to be late for the next class.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[after class]
[6:30 PM]
(__________’s POV)

Geun Seuk went out of the classroom before me. He was really in a hurry. I tried to call him but I guess he needs to do something important that’s why he went out in a hurry. I sighed deeply. I saw Hong Ki-yah and I approached, assuming that he might know where Geun Seuk-ah is going.
“Oh… at the plaza. He need to do something important. That’s what he told me” Hong Ki-yah replied to me with a smile.
“Oh! _______-yah! Are you free on Saturdays and Sundays? I think you could teach me algebra on that days?”
“Oh…” I thought hard before I could answer. “Yeah Sure!”
“really?! Thank you! Thank you!”
“No problem”

I was about to go back to my seat to fix my things when Hong Ki called me again. I stopped walking and turned to him.

“______-yah! Do you know… there were rumors that you and Geun Seuk-ah are cousins.”

I could not answer. I could not believe that news reached the school. Did Hae Yoon tell the whole school about it? No… That would be impossible. That girl is sweet as candy.

“Really?? Ahehheheh! Hong Ki-yah! Let’s leave the school together!” I smiled at him and he nods.

While we were walking along the school corridor, I was explaining why did the rumors come out like that.

“Woah…. Hae yoon-ah saw you both? And… told you that you were dating?”
“Yeap! It haven’t twice! The other one is an old woman. Calling us a cute couple.” I said. Annoyed that I need to recall what happened. “So Jang Geun Seuk told Hae Yoon that we’re just cousins. And… Geun Seuk seems afraid that she might get the wrong idea.”
“Hahahah! Really?!” Hong Ki laughed. “But… you two are what?? Really??
“Yah! What’s so funny?! And do not get the wrong idea! Our parents are just friends because of the companies they were running.”
“I see… Hahahah! Nothing… It’s just that… People seem to notice how you and Geun Seuk-ah are suited for each other…”
What?! Are you kidding me?! That guy is grumpy! No woman could ever live with him!”
“So Hae Yoon-ah is after him now.” Hong Ki whispered but I managed to hear it but I do not understand what he meant.
“Huh? What do you mean after him?”

Hong Ki was about to tell me the story but I cut it short. I saw the Student Council President’s at the school gate. As if waiting for someone. We approached her.

“Choo Hee-yah. What’s the matter?” Hong Ki asked her. She turned to us, and she was crying.
“Ah! Why are you crying?” I asked, worried.
“Geun Seuk-sshi… is…. At the plaza… he’s… trying to Dae Jung for me… So that Dae Jung would let me go…” She sob. “Sorry… I did not mean to…”
“It’s ok, Choo Hee-sshi. It’s not your fault. I’m sure that guy has a valid reason why he did this. Hong Ki-yah! Looked at Choo Hee-sshi for me, will you?!”

I left them there. Tried to find my way to the plaza where the fight is taking place. From my place, I saw Geun Seuk trying to find those 5 guys who’s trying to beat him.

“Aisht!” I reacted.

Geun Seuk looks like a mess. His face we’re already bloody and his uniform are ripped into parts now. But still, the guys won’t stop. I walked faster to approached them

“Yah!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted. They all turned to me. As the two guys hold Geun Seuk’s both arms. Geun Seuk could not look at me anymore. His face we’re all covered in blood. He’s weak and could not fight anymore. I stood before them as they looked at me.

A man with a big broad shoulder approached me. He was wearing a different uniform. Giving me the clue that he’s not from our school. He grinned as he stood inches away from me as his man stood behind him. Not letting go of Geun Seuk.

“Who might you be? A sweet cute fragile girl. Standing before me?... Are you might be his… Princess?” He told me sarcastically.
“Shut the hell up! That guy you’ve beaten is my friend!”
“Oh I see… So what shall I do with you, too then?” He asked me. Challenging me.
“I’m not going to use any force on you, just let him be and Choo Hee-sshi… let her go. Break up with her.” I spoke to him calmly.
“What?? Hmp… Now I really understand everything. You and Him are friends, you guys are no different with each other. This guy here. Just told me the same thing. And look at what he looks like now.”

They threw Geun Seuk at the ground like a trash. I ran towards Geun Seuk and helped her stood up.

“W~what…are you… doing…. Here?” Geun Seuk whispered to me as I put his right around my neck as I help him stood up.
“I cannot believe it. You dared to fight this guys without any history in fighting” I whispered back and I grinned.
“We need to protect the President” He continue to talk weakly.
“I know that! Aisht.”

The guys look at me and Geun Seuk. I turned to them. “You! You must be their leader. Dae Jung-sshi? Am I right?”
“Dang right!” he replied.
“You’re asking me who am I a while ago, right?”
“And you did not even bothered answering me”
“If I tell you… you’ll give up?”
“It depends on who you are.”
“Ja, My name is Park __________”
“Park _______?” He repeated. He made sure that he’s hearing that name.
“Yup!”
“I swore I already heard that name before…”

Then, I saw one of his guy gasped. And whispered something to him. He turned pale after his guy whispered him something. “You’re that girl who defeated Bae?!” I nod. He’s right. But I cannot explain his reaction. His guys left him after I nod on his question.

“S~s~S~sorry! Please forgive me!?” He said, kneeling. I was so surprised. I haven’t even got a chance to punch these guys and yet they were already scared.
“What are you doing?”
“Just tell me what you want and spare me!” He begged. As if begging for his life.
“All right… All right… Just leave Choo Hee-sshi alone!”
“Ok… ok.. I promise!”
“OK then… Now run along!”
“Thank you!” Dae jung ran as fast as lightning. I looked at him as he disappeared from my sight. I turned to Geun Seuk who’s arm is still on my neck.

“Yah! Are you still alive?”
“You’re something, huh?” He replied. “You managed to scare them away with your name”
“I do not understand any of this but I saved you and Choo hee-sshi with my name. It’s good thing right?” I smiled. “Come on let’s go”

I was helping Geun Seuk to walk by letting his arm hang around my neck as I hold his waist to support him. I grabbed my phone on my body bag and dialed Hong Ki’s number.

“yah! Hong Ki-sshi! Yeah. You can go home now. And tell Choo Hee-sshi that everything is alright now. I’ll bring Geun Seuk back to the house. This guy needs lot of rest!... Yeah… ok. Bye!”

It was a long walk but we managed to reach the house. I opened the door and helped Geun Seuk to sit at the sofa. I grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen and sat beside Geun Seuk as he rest his head on the sofa’s head-rest. I washed his face with a wet towel to wipe all the blood on his face. Then I put an ointment to the wounds slowly. To his feet, arms and legs. I went to his room to get him a short and a shirt.

“Yah! Change your clothes!” I saw him slowly moved and raised his head a bit. He grab his shirt and short and slowly takes off his uniform.

“Yah! Yah! Not here, you idiot! Go to the bathroom!”
“Aisht…”
“All right! I’ll go to my room!”

I ascend the stairs and went straight to my room. I put off my uniform and took a bath. I put on my pajamas and descend the stairs to check on Geun Seuk. He was now sleeping at the sofa. I grab a blanket and a pillow from his room and went downstairs again.

I put his pillow under his head and his blanket over him. “What a show-off” I said to his face, knowing that he could not hear me. I left him there to rest and I went up to my room to rest on my own.