fin

even if the stars are prettier than you

. she felt like .

nothing mattered anymore, everything was her and she was everything.
if she’s not there then everything is gone.
everything is gone.

what else was there to do apart from going to the bar at 1:17 am if she’s not here?

to the bar she goes then.

it’s been like this ever since she left. mind you, this was not one or two days of sulking, heck, not even a week. momo had been sulking for three months. yes, you heard that right, three months

she knew it was stupid, their relationship wasn’t even that serious. 
sure, there were some bumps in their relationship, but it was just so unexpected! she was just focused on school and her girlfriend breaking up was the last thing on her mind.

that’s what the bar is for.

the neon lights of the open sign flickers above her head. momo takes a seat - her seat now, next to some doofus in a pink beanie. 
wait. beanie?
for gods sake, it’s in the middle of the goddamn summer and the godforsaken ac isn’t on. 

god she hated summer. why on earth would someone choose to wear a beanie now? 
not to mention, it’s the ugliest shade of pink she’s ever seen. she wouldn’t be caught dead as a six year old with that thing on.
“can I help you?” a voice says snapping her out of her internal rant. maybe she was staring a little.
“ugly beanie.” . she didn’t mean to say that out loud.
“excuse me?”
“i-uh, cra- i mean beanie, hot, um what I meant to say was isn’t it uh- hot wearing a beanie?”
pink beanie snickered. the girl wearing the beanie, not the beanie itself, that would be weird. “my ex made it for me”
“why would you keep something your ex made?”
“i dunno, just want to.”
“okay.”
she didn’t care enough to pry further. she just came for a drink.
“wanna leave?” pretty girl in the pink beanie asks “with me, i mean.”
“did we not just meet two minutes ago?”
“yep”
what the hell. she’s got nothing to lose anyway. maybe she’ll hope this girl is a murderer so she can rest a bit. or a lot. “okay.”

pink beanie holds her hand as they leave the bar. it’s warm. it would be nice if it wasn’t goddamn summer. 
but it is goddamn summer. too bad.
“I forgot to ask your name.” the girl asks her.
“sure did.”
“what’s your name?”
“momo.”
“hi momo, i’m sana.”
“cool.”
“momo, you seem annoyed... at everything.”
“girl broke up with me.”
“that . when was that?”
“three months ago.”
“get over her.”
“that’s what the bar’s for.”
sana hums in response.
sana stops walking after five minutes.
“we’re here.”
momo looks up. they’re at the beach. she’d never been out here at night. the way the water reflected the stars is pretty. sana is pretty. but the stars are prettier. definitely.
they sit on the sand, somehow not tripping over any big rocks.
it’s not hot here, momo thinks. it makes the hand holding nice. she doesn’t really want to let go.
“why did you bring me here?” she asks
“no reason.”
“do you bring all the girls you meet here?”
“nope.”
she doesn’t ask any more. she doesn't need to know more. it was a nice break of her daily routine of studying and sulking.
sana leans her head on momo’s shoulder. 

momo doesn’t mind. 

“i want to love you.” sana says with her eyes closed
“what, we've met for an hour and you’re already confessing your love?”
“i confessed my want to love you. not that I love you. not the same thing.”
“sure. i guess i want to love you too.”
“then love me.”
“okay.”

it was only for one day. but she was happy. she loved her and she knew that her love was returned. even if all they did was sit and hold hands a little. 

maybe this was what soulmates were. 
maybe momo would see sana and her stupid pink beanie again. 
maybe momo should take up knitting and start making a not-so-stupid looking beanie.
but maybe that would take too much work.