wish you were gay

Wish you were gay

 

GuQp.gif

 

His friendship was one of the staples in your life, he'd been there for a long time supporting you and you'd done the same for as long as you could remember. It was as if it was a law of nature, there was this connection that wasn't shared with anyone else and you were able to talk just about anything and it was alright. He was able to open up an express his innermost fears and desires without feeling judged. You did the same, telling him about your fear of heights and your dream of falling in love and it being magical. 


You were now used to people always assuming there was something between you two from how close you were but it didn't bother either of you because of how solid and transparent your friendship was. He saw you date a few s along the way and you saw him get his heart broken a couple of times, but you were always there cheering him on or giving him advice whenever he felt like he couldn't get that girl.


He'd always been a little flirty, you think that comes from the fact that when you first met he was aiming more towards a date rather than a friendship but you're glad it never really happened. Who knows maybe if it happened like that you wouldn't even talk anymore, still he knew what you wanted in a man and he even pushed you out of your comfort zone by getting you cute clothes or little accessories you'd never think of wearing.


You knew his body, he knew yours… maybe that was the beginning of the end. He had suggested sleeping together, just to try. You'd gotten so close that it felt natural, and you didn't feel awkward with him. Cuddling was normal, but after a long time without seeing him he asked if you were going to kiss him and things went still for a second, a chuckle and everything was back to normal.

Someone asked if you were one of his victims, he simply shook his head and said it would never be like that. You felt special, there was something in his eyes that made you feel like you were home. The late night messages became less frequent, he said he was busy but he seemed everywhere on social media. He watched every single story, he was one of the first to do so but if you ever replied to one of his… well, he took hours if not days to respond if he actually did. It seemed like an entire new person whenever he answered, keeping his answer short and sometimes even a little harsh.

You missed him, you missed his laugh,his cologne, his voice notes, his silly messages calling you baby or darling and then something that made you laugh like crazy. It all started making sense when his display picture showed another girl, but why was it different this time? He'd always told you whenever there was someone he was interested in. It was about time to start overthinking things, you'd never been jealous but you'd always been there and now he was shutting you out?

Maybe they were all right, whenever people said a boy and a girl could never be friends they were right. Eventually one would develop feelings for the other or simply just get tired of being paired up. Oh? Never mind he is acting himself again, you were just overreacting he's back to his joking self. Well he's joking but he's also being an ... here we go again with the not answering routine. 

Months went by with minimal contact and you'd finally accepted the idea that maybe your friendship wasn't meant to last forever. Sure it was transparent and full of trust but that's all it will ever be, he only seemed to make an effort and reach out when you seemed almost gone. You came back a few times, you asked him about something and he ignored the question. It was like talking to a wall and you didn't know why you craved his attention, sure he was attractive and all but he was still your friend.

He is so confusing, he somehow made all these feelings flourish within you just to dismiss it all as if he was the center of the universe, maybe that's what changed. You became good for his ego, the one friend that seemed in love with him but have him enough space so he could do anything he wished. Little by little you felt him slip away, along with your heart and the little sliver or sanity that remained in you.

 


 


sorry if it seems a little all over the place, I am trying something new with my writing.

Let me know what you think about this story, thanks again for everything