Park Jihyo, Chosen of Brigid

New Heroes

In the days after Taemin emerged as one of the chosen, the kpop industry was in a moment of confusion. Some netizens believed it was all faked with filters and editing. Some thought it was a fluke and that the next to emerge would be an American model of some kind, or a British actor. That the first of the chosen to emerge was an idol without fluency in english was enough to annoy people.

But it was 2 weeks later when the next of the chosen emerged and proved that this trend was true.

She also had been called a god before.


Park Jihyo began to pant as the music faded out. This was her 8th run-through of the night and she still didn’t quite have the last verse choreo where she would like it. But first, water might be good. She walked over to the chair her phone and water bottle was resting on and sat down. 

After some much needed water, Jihyo checked her texts. A cute meme from Dahyun, a sweet message from Daniel, and Momo asking if she would like her and the other members to pick up some food. She sighed. It was probably time to head home for the night. She actually had time to sleep for once so she should probably take advantage of it. She sent a quick text back over to Momo with her order. 

The Twice dorm was still quiet when Jihyo got back. it seemed like they were still out getting food with Momo, and knowing them it would be a while still. Maybe enough time for a shower before they got back?

She entered her room dropping her stuff before grabbing clothes to change. It was when when she turned back towards the door that she froze. The muscles in her body stopped moving and the clothes in her arms dropped to the floor. Jihyo’s vision swam into blackness and sound echoed into faint whispers.

A bright flame appeared in a burst, raging violently before taking the form of a woman. Her features looked familiar in a way JIhyo couldn’t place and her hair was a mess of bright red curls. 

The woman smiled, a warmth emanating for her. “I am Brigid. You, Park Jihyo, are to become my representative in the world. I want you to spread the spark of light and inspiration to everyone.You will be loved and hated, and you will be powerful.”

Jihyo couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Me?” the word escaped despite the rest of her body remaining unmoving.

Brigid chuckled lightly “Yes. You have all of the qualities I desire to have in one of mine. And your soul is a bright one that must be shared with the world. Now go and share your power.” 

With those words Jihyo’s vision shifted as she was shook back and forth. Her vision was back and she was back standing in her room, this time being shaken by Tzuyu.

“Unnie! Please be ok, please be ok, please be ok…”

JIhyo took a moment to come back to herself, gently prying Tzuyu off of her. The other members seemed to be watching carefully from the hallway. Mina had tears clearly forming in her eyes and Momo was rubbing her shoulders softly in an attempt to calm her down.

“What’s going on?” At Jihyo’s words a soft sigh rolled through the rest of the group.

Sana spoke up, her hands slowly unclenching themselves. “We came back from getting food so we came to find you. You weren’t responding and you had this really far off look in your eyes.”

“I’m not sure. I thought…” Jihyo trailed off, uncertain of how to even begin describing what she saw. She clenched her hands into fists. Was she going crazy?

“How about we all go eat the food we just got? Eating helps you think so maybe it can help you figure this out?”

Jihyo nodded. food sounded really good right now. She probably was just really tired after practice and food definitely would be helpful to clear her mind.

She followed her group members as they slowly filtered into the kitchen area and began handing out everyone’s individual orders.

Jihyo looked down at her plate, the chicken would normally be very enticing but her appetite suddenly was nowhere to be found.

“Hey Jihyo, when did you dye your hair?” Momo spoke through a mouthful of jokbal but her words were clear.

“I haven’t, this is just the fade out from the last bleaching.”

Eyebrows raised all around the table. “Jihyo, your hair is bright red. Did the dye leach into your brain?” Jeongyeon words were lighthearted but her tone held worry in it.

Jihyo immediately pulled out her phone, flipping to the front facing camera. Sure enough, her hair was an natural looking orange-red.

“It’s really pretty! Red suits you so nicely!” Chaeyoung tried to break the weirdness but Jihyo’s eyes were still glued to her phone.

It was then that a text came in from an unknown number.

Hey it’s Taemin. I heard that you’re the next one! 6w6

Jihyo’s phone clattered to the table and tears began welling up in her eyes. She wasn’t crazy. While that should be reassuring, the real situation was so much worse.

“I… was chosen. By the goddess Brigid. I won’t be able to continue promoting with everyone in the way we want to. We won’t be a full group in the way we promised everyone. And in a few years I-“ She cut herself off there as tears started to roll down her face. She couldn’t think about that yet.

Mina’s hiccuping through her tears brought her back to earth. All at once the girls got up and pulled Jihyo into a hug. The group hug was especially warm but not one someone would describe as cozy. Each girl held on like it was the last group hug they’d ever share.

It was now that Jihyo realized that the face she had seen as Brigid was her own.


 

TWICE @JYPTWICE

안녕하세요. JYPE 입니다.

bit.ly4rTRxqRg