D - 4

Winter Wonderland

Eunbi threaded her fingers through Yerin’s hair, letting her nails gently scrape the girl’s scalp; a feeling Yerin found pleasing. The photographer was currently asleep in Eunbi’s lap and watching Yerin sleep so peacefully made Eunbi feel all warm inside. She didn’t know why she was suddenly feeling so emotional. Maybe it was the silence.

There was something truly serene about being home on a lazy Saturday and Eunbi couldn’t think of a better way to spend their day. Looking down at Yerin, she slowly pulled her fingers from Yerin’s hair and rested her hand on the girl’s head instead. She let her eyes roam around Yerin’s features. Even after all these years, every time Eunbi looked at Yerin, she still feels her heart beat a little faster.

“Why’d you stop?” Yerin mumbled as she rolled to lie on her back, looking up at Eunbi.

“Why are you awake?” Eunbi asked with a slight smile.

“Because you stopped,” Yerin grinned with her eyes closed. She felt Eunbi lean down and a kiss was pressed on her nose. “What do you want to do today?”

“It’s a little chilly outside so maybe we should stay home today. I’m too comfortable here to leave.” Eunbi said while twirling Yerin’s hair around her fingers.

“Hot chocolate?” 

“We’re gonna overdose on chocolate I swear,” Eunbi laughed.

“Hey, it’s the perfect season for it,” Yerin shrugged as she shuffled to the kitchen. As she got the ingredients out, Eunbi pulled a small pot from the cabinet and gave it a rinse. Eunbi slid onto the barstool and watched as Yerin began heating up the milk.

“Enjoying the view?” Yerin teased as she played with the pack of chocolate pellets.

“You wish,” Eunbi snorted but the glint in her eyes said otherwise. She pulled out her phone and saw that there were texts from Sojung. 

“Sojung said she made reservations at a restaurant downtown on Tuesday,” Eunbi read to Yerin. The latter hummed in acknowledgement as she poured the chocolate into the simmering milk. Eunbi put her phone down on the counter after sending a reply and walked up to Yerin, wrapping her arms around the girl’s waist.

“Why?” Yerin chuckled at the sudden physical contact.

“No reason,” Eunbi replied breathily and rested her chin on Yerin’s shoulder, watching the girl stir the chocolate around.

“I might get distracted and burn the kitchen down, B,” Yerin joked but rested her free hand over Eunbi’s.

“Distracted? I’m just hugging you. Unless you’re thinking of something else?” Eunbi smirked, taking pleasure when she saw Yerin’s face turn red. “Looks like someone’s already distracted.”

“Oh shut up, I’m not,” Yerin fiercely denied but her blush said otherwise. Eunbi bit the insides of her cheek as an idea popped into mind. She first pressed a kiss on Yerin’s shoulder, then on her neck and trailed up. Before she could plant a kiss on Yerin’s ear, the girl had wriggled out of Eunbi’s arms and backed away from the stove, pointing the wooden spoon in her hand at Eunbi like it was a threat.

“Stop!” Yerin scowled, causing Eunbi to double over in laughter. Yerin’s face had turned so red it seemed like the girl had run a lap around the block in the cold.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. It was right there and I just had to,” Eunbi wheezed and Yerin huffed. Eunbi rubbed the tears out of her eyes and saw that the milk was bubbling. 

“Rin, pass the spoon,” Eunbi extended her hand but Yerin turned away, still sulking.

“Yerin the milk is bubbling!” Eunbi said and walked towards the girl but the girl had other plans. Yerin wrapped her arm around Eunbi’s waist and lifted the girl up. Eunbi squealed and held on to the other girl for dear life.

“That’s what you get for teasing me!” Yerin laughed as she spun Eunbi around.

“Okay okay! I’m sorry! But save the milk Yerin!” Eunbi screamed as she smacked Yerin’s arm. The girl was confused for a moment but the realization quickly hit her.

“Oh, oh ,” Yerin quickly released Eunbi and ran back to the pot. She stirred it and the angry bubbling simmered. She switched the stove off and poured the contents into their mugs, wincing when she caught sight of the burnt bits at the bottom of the pot.

“Eunbi…” Yerin whined at the girl who gave a sheepish smile.

“I’ll wash it,” Eunbi chuckled and took the pot from Yerin’s hand, walking over to the sink to soak it in water.

“I swear if we die one day it’ll be because of you,” Yerin scrunched her nose as she pulled out a bag of marshmallows and dropped one each into the steaming mugs.

“You’ll still love me,” the dancer blew a raspberry and took their mugs out to the coffee table. Yerin let out a loud sigh as she followed Eunbi back to the couch. Plopping down, she felt the girl rub her thigh.

“Are you still mad?” 

“Well… Who am I kidding if I say yes?” Yerin rolled her eyes. Eunbi grinned and wrapped her arms around Yerin, pushing the girl onto the couch.

“Then we can continue where we left off… while waiting for the hot chocolate to cool down,” Eunbi said with a teasing smile and leaned down before Yerin could say anything else.