Symphony

uber ride.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 SYMPHONY    

Kang Seulgi had been working on her art exhibition for almost an year now. From a young age, she discovered about her passion for all kinds of art – painting, sculpture, drawings, installations, performances, pretty much everything. Whenever she had the chance to admire a work of art, she’d spend a great amount of time, wondering what the artist felt or thought when they had the inspiration for their work.

She started with drawings of her family and her pets when she was a kid. Years later, she developed new techniques and tried new things. Pencils and pens were her love, but she found herself discovering a new world with a blank canvas and oil paint. Seulgi attended college for fine arts and worked on a few projects with her classmates and found a true love for painting.

Her parents’ house was full of her paintings as part of their decoration; same could be said about some of her relatives, they all had some of her canvas on their walls, with Seulgi’s signature on the left corner. Seulgi was so happy she had all that support from her family and because of that support, she managed to push through college and find a job that she loves.

“Ms. Kang, do you need help carrying those?” A student asked as Seulgi walked through the corridors of the university. “Oh, don’t worry, I’m good. Thank you, Eunji.” Seulgi gave the girl a warm smile. Because of her young age – and looks – most students would see Seulgi as their older sister and treat her as so; Seulgi didn’t mind, she think that makes the student-teacher relationship easier. “I heard your exhibition will be happening soon, is that true?” Eunji asked. The girl was the class president and often would be found around Seulgi or the other teachers.

“Oh, that’s true. But I have one unfinished piece and I must work on it until the end of the week.” Seulgi said. “In fact, I had no inspiration for this piece. But two weeks ago… I found the inspiration I needed.” Eunji was listening to Seulgi with a bright smile; whenever her teacher would be talking so passionately about something, Eunji would wish to be like Seulgi in the future. “May I ask what gave you inspiration, Ms. Kang?”

Before Seulgi could even think of an answer, the loud sound of the bell ringing cut them off. Eunji bowed her head and waved goodbye to Seulgi before rushing to her class. For Seulgi, work hours were over for the day. She was free to work on her own project now and spend the rest of the day doing whatever she pleased.

After leaving the school grounds, Seulgi went to the coffee shop across the street, where one of her great friends worked at. “Seulgi-ah, hey!” The blonde girl said as soon as Seulgi got inside the coffee shop. “The usual?” Said girl asked, giving Seulgi a bright smile. “Yes, please. How are you today, Wannie?”

Both of them were neighbors; Seungwan had moved to Korea around two years ago, to get her music degree. The female had two jobs – one at the coffee shop and at night, she’d play at Seoul Symphony Orchestra. Whenever Seulgi had the time to, she’d attend the concerts to watch and support her best friend.

They did chat for a while, catching up about what happened during that week. Even though they were neighbors and Seulgi would visit the coffee shop rather often, it doesn’t mean they had the time to chat all the time. “There’s a concert tonight, are you coming?” Seungwan asked, hoping to hear a positive answer from her friend. “Of course.” Seulgi replied. “Yerim won’t be able to come tonight, she has a school project to work on with her friends. Maybe you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter