Late

uber ride.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 LATE    

The sun was shining bright in the sky. Most people were awake by this time, starting their routines. Students would be on their way to class, while others would be starting their shift at work.

Joohyun was supposed to be at her work place, a meeting would start in thirty minutes. However, the female was far from being ready for her work shift. In fact, the lawyer had just woken up. And damn, she was late.

“Oh my gosh, how could I sleep that much?” She said to herself while jumping out of the bed and rushing to the bathroom.  Her morning routine was done in less than five minutes, a personal record. While trying to put some light makeup on, the female grabbed her phone and opened the Uber app.

For her misfortune, her car was broken and would need some repair, which would take about one week or so. It meant Joohyun would have to hail a cab and pray to God so there would be no traffic in Seoul that day.

“Five minutes from here, really?” She sighed as she checked on her phone screen. At least it gave her enough time to munch a banana and pack something for lunch. Never in her life had she been this late for something, but there’s a first time for everything.

Those five minutes felt like five years and she was running out of time. The lawyer sent a text message to her boss and other co-workers, explaining her delay. No one was mad at her, it was the first time it happened, but they surely were shocked to know that Bae Joohyun was actually late for work. She was sure they’d make fun of her because of that.

Your driver is here – the notification popped up on the screen. Rushing outside, she almost forgot to lock the door. , why it had to be happening to her? Anyway, even though she was in a rush, Joohyun looked flawless. After getting inside the car, she gave the driver a polite smile and greeted him.

Everything was back on track. Or so she thought. Joohyun thought she could chill and just sit there and wait to get at work, but right when she was about to have a peaceful moment, she noticed the driver making an U-turn, driving towards the opposite direction.

“Uhm, excuse me? The destination is on the other side.” Joohyun said, still as polite as ever, but reality is that she was annoyed. Why did he do that when she typed her work address, that was the other way around? This surely wasn’t her day. “This is an Uber pool, miss. We have one more stop before we head to the final destination.”

Uber pool? You have to be kidding me, Joohyun thought while checking on her phone. Did she really do that? What kind of bull was happening today? Her day was getting worse and worse. Everything was running out of control and Joohyun disliked that as much as she disliked not getting enough sleep.

There was nothing she could do now. Even if she tried to cancel the ride and get another car, it would take longer and she would be even later, probably wouldn’t arrive in time for her meeting and it would mean she’d have to listen to her boss scolding. She did not want that.

A loud sigh left her lips as she sunk on the car’s seat, crossing her arms. What else could go wrong today? Once more, she checked on her phone, so she’d know the route the driver was following. At l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter