Chapter 1: Marked

A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do bad things happen to good people? I go to school, do what my parents ask of me, and treat my girlfriend well. I stand up for those weaker than myself and I learned to fight because of it. So, why am I lying in the middle of a forest in Busan half dead? Why me?" These thoughts rush through Jong-in's mind as he lies in a pool of his own blood. The pain had been numb for a while and he stared up at the full moon as it blared its light through the canopy. He could feel his blood gushing from the wound at his neck, three deep claw marks from the base of his jaw to just above his chest. His clothes were ripped and ragged, his skin pale. Movement to his right informed him that what had attacked him might still be there. Weakly, he glances over to see two yellow eyes glaring at him from the shadows. The shadows give way to the form of a giant brown wolf as it stalks closer to him. Jong-in feels hot tears flow down his face as the beast comes closer and closer. His entire life flashes before his eyes and he realizes all of the people that would miss him. He doesn't want to die here, alone. But, that is out of his control, just like the other crucial moments of his life. 

The wolf is right next to him now, his teeth bared and a low growl rumbling the ground around Jong-in's body. Jong-in closes his eyes ready for the last pain of his life. A warm, moisture glides across his neck causing Jong-in's eyes to pop open in shock. His brown gaze meets that of the wolf's as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter