Jealousy

Spartace Symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

p/s: Story timeline is from Mom's Diary 168 and Running Man 481. Please enjoy you read ^^

 

 

 

 

 

“You can’t get married anyway!”

Kim Hee Chul words makes him stunned that evening at DinDin’s apartment. He is speechless. He is angry. But overall he is sad. Sad because of how truthful his dongsaeng sentence was. Half of him didn’t want to accept the statement but the other half almost aware the truth.

He knew with his age which getting older day by day, there’s a high chance he will stay single till he die. People always said that he is ‘like a fine wine, just get better with age’. Bull. From his stand, it won’t do any better.

”Let’s talk later…” Jong Kook spins the conversation around. Or that what he want to think.

He walks slowly towards the main door, grabbing the brick he brought earlier. Passing the bricks to Hee Chul, Jong Kook tries to change the topic.

“Bring the brick to the room..’

Both of his dongsaeng, Hee Chul and Din Din just follow his instruction. They know Jong Kook tries to divert the conversation. It’s a filming after all. He clearly didn’t want to talk about marriage while filming. It makes both of them feel bad to bring up the topic.

Jong Kook on the other hand just acts like usual, pretend to not be affected by Hee Chul’s remark. He diligently transfers the brick without any further argues. In his conscious, he slowly accepts Hee Chul’s word. He knew he is not getting younger. He know he have to married as soon as possible. He already has the money to do all things needed for his marriage. He is prepared.

There just ONE big problem. He didn’t have a bride. He didn’t have a girl for him to call a wife – hell… not even a girlfriend. Knowing the very truth fact, his heart feel ache.

His mind kept thinking about that matter. He is there doing all sort of thing- nags, argues with the boys, but his mind wandered in the thin air. The topic of marriage usually didn’t bother him that much. He even playing the topic like he already have experience in it. But today, the topic seriously tickling his soft spotted.

 

~~~

 

“About 10 years ago, Jong Kook hyung ex-girlfriend told me… what Jong Kook hyung was like as a boyfriend..” Hee Chul said suddenly while they waiting their food to arrive. “Jong Kook hyung is so strict.

As flustered as he is when Hee Chul mentions about his past time, Jong Kook tries to control his face and softly replies: “Mm..me??”

“You’re so strict… Your ex-girlfriend told me..” Hee Chul explains.

Amusing, Jong Kook replies with his higher tone; “You heard it from my girlfriend?? Me?”

“For example, you didn’t even let her get a driver’s license… because it’s dangerous to drive.”

“I did??” Jong Kook asks, doubting.

“Can I say more? Can I say her name?”

Jong Kook’s face immediately changes. He didn’t like where the conversation going. With Hee Chul’s blurty mouth, he knows he is going get into some serious scandal if he not stopping him right there, right now.

“Hold on..”

Still with his amusing laugh face, he shoots Hee Chul a stern gaze as a warning to not open his mouth any longer.

Thankfully, Lee Sang Min who kept silent earlier - hearing his dongsaengs ‘scandalous’ conversation, decide to interrupt with his remarks about wet tissue.

“You should flatten out wet tissue..”

Kim Jong Kook is his precious brother. He knew in and out of the muscular man. Jong Kook is one of his important people who always help him back to stand on his feet. Knowing the topic can harm Jong Kook more or less, he tries to help – maybe as a token for Jong Kook help to him which considered priceless.

“Hyung… We are talking about Jong Kook hyung girlfriend here…” Both of Hee Chul and Din Din argues as they still talking about a very hot topic while Sang Min tries to change it.

Giving Jong Kook an assuring nod, Sang Min patiently turns the table and start a conversation about financial with DinDin.

“Do you think your money will always be yours?” Ask Sang Min towards DinDin after a couple of minute debating about wet tissue.

“What is that supposed to mean?” DinDin rebukes.

Letting both of them arguing about the matter, Jong Kook let out a sigh of relief as he manage to avoid the topic that could ruin his future relationship.

 

~~~

 

“Closing slate...One two three.”

DinDin clapped once as a sign for the filming to be ended. Jong Kook blankly stares at his empty jjampong bowl, showing that a lot of things playing at his mind that moment.

“Hyungnim…”

Hee Chul calls softly, pick him up from his deep thinking.

“Huhh yess?!” Jong Kook replies.

“Are you okay hyugnim??” Hee Chul pats softly his shoulder.

“Ahh gwenchana Hee Chul ahh..”

“Filming ended. Sang Min hyung going to back home.. So did I...”

“Ahh okay…. Have a safe trip back then…” Jong Kook says softly, giving his smile as assurance.

Kim Hee Chul looks at Jong Kook weirdly. He never knew Jong Kook’s 360 change of attitude when off camera. It’s a new thing for him to see. Jong Kook usually is talkative either on or off screen. To see Jong Kook silence after a ‘happy’ filming… yeah it is weird.

“Is something bothering you, hyungnim?? “

“Neh…” Jong Kook unconsciously blurts what inside his mind but quickly continues; “Anii… Nothing…”

“Hyungnim…. I am sorry about earlier. I shouldn’t say anything about marriage or your past relationship... But I want to make our scene interesting…” Hee Chul heads down, regretting his rebuke.

“Anii… Gwenchana…. It is our job to make it interesting and catching some attraction… You doing a great job. Don’t you worry about it. I’m all good. What you said is probably true anyway…” Jong Kook sadly speaks.

“ No hyung! It’s not true... I like to see you to get married, to have kids.”

Jong Kook just keep silence, didn’t want to argue or least having any further conversation about it.

“You should be going. You will be late for your schedule.”

“Nahh… I don’t have any schedule left… I’m free for today.” Hee Chul takes a seat beside Jong Kook and softly continues; “Hyungnim… if you want to talk, I can be your ears.”

Again, Jong Kook just kept in silence, only his tiny smiles do the talking.

“How about we go having some drink. I know you didn’t drink, but at least let’s have some fun together hyung??”

Without any doubt, Jong Kook agrees which bring shock to Hee Chul. “Alright… Let’s go.”

Jong Kook quickly stands and left to main door, leaving shocked Hee Chul at his seat. He just halfheartedly proposed about having a drink together, knowing health freak Jong Kook will pass his invitation. But the turn of the event caught him off guard.

“What are you waiting for, Hee Chul ahh.? Kajaa… Ride with me.”

“Ahh ahh nehh…..” Hee Chul stands and walks quickly, following Jong Kook. His head facing back, looking at DinDin who is laughing and jokingly signal, ‘YOU ARE DEAD’ at him.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Both of them arrived at Jong Kook’s usual hangout place – a street food hut. Not a lot….Correction. No one can be seen, as the last customer suddenly got up and left with rushing manners. It’s a bit odd but comfortable which is good considering their reputation as a celebrity. At least nobody will disturb them for a while.

Sitting at his usual spot, Jong Kook quickly asks Hee Chul to place his order.

“Order whatever you want Chul ah… My treat…”

“Jinjja?? Well… I am sure you not gonna drink any liquor… So coke is fine…” Hee Chul took a quick order. “ Ahjumoenim!! Give us Coke, please!”

Jong Kook takes a quick glance on Hee Chul, gives him a smirk before he cuts in; “Imo… I take 2 bottle of beer… Today give me the large one and snacks like usual…” Jong Kook says before smiling at the food hut owner.

Hee Chul stares at Jong Kook intensely. The word ‘beer’ caught him off guard. “Wae yo Chul ahh?” Jong Kook asks, smiling as he feels funny with his dongsaeng attitude.

“Beer, hyung?? Are you serious?”

“Yaa doo…. What’s wrong with drinking a beer?” Jong Kook points his finger towards Hee Chul.

“Are you really Kim Jong Kook? Or Song Ji Hyo in disguised??”

“Mwuh?? What are you talking about?? Am I looked like a goddess to you??”

Kim Hee Chul shakes his head slowly before tilt his head in weirdness. He actually realizes something in Jong Kook’s word. The similarities…

“You sound like….Ji Hyo noona.”

Jong Kook chuckles after he heard that. He shakes his head, didn’t agree with Hee Chul statement.

“Anii… What do you mean I sound like Ji Hyo? I might sing like a girl, but I still a guy...”

“No… not that…” Hee Chul cuts in.

“Then what is it?”

“You place your order exactly like her. You talk like her. Yeah… Definitely like her… And a goddess … She’s a beauty is it…”

“Hahahaha.. Nonsense. There is no way I ordered like her… it’s a simple statement, I am a regular here. So our words… is like a regular it is” Jong Kook ends his word without leaving any comment about the last statement.

Hee Chul didn’t reply anything. He’s eyeing his hyung with suspicion. He did begin to feel suspicious. Jong Kook attitude right now is a complete opposite from his usual self. Plus … He is a regular here?? Damn this is a new sight of health monster! Hee Chul thought.

Their order arrives not long after. Hee Chul with his Coke and Jong Kook…. Yes his big beer bottle. Pouring the Coke into a glass, Hee Chul opens up a conversation.

“Hyungnim… Is there anything you want to share?”

Jong Kook keeps silent for a while. He gulping the yellow-gold liquid forcefully, tasting the bitterness hit hard his throat. He places the bottle on the table with a soft thud..

“I… I don’t know Hee Chul ah…”

“You can talk to me hyung… “

“Arrayo…”

“If this about earlier, I am very sorry…. I know I shouldn’t spoke it like that…”

Jong Kook quickly shakes his head while munching the snack in front of them. “Anii… Gwenchana…. I know you didn’t mean it. Like I said before, what you said is a truth anyway.”

“Eiihh hyung… of course it’s not. I really hope you can settle down. Having a wife, kids… Go to vacation with your sweet small family… everyone deserve that...”

“Maybe…. But the way I see it... I not even close to any of that…” Jong Kook says heavily, sighing at the end of his word.

Hee Chul finally sees it. He can see the state Jong Kook was in right know. He is confused, lonely and most importantly he’s self-doubting. Although it’s not shown physically, Hee Chul knows it slowly consuming Jong Kook mentally. To see that on his close hyung, it breaks his heart.

“Hyungnim… don’t say like that. Everyone deserves to be happy. Everyone needs their other half.”

“Arrayo… but how I want to be happy if I don’t have anyone right now?” Jong Kook gives a suggestive look.

“Aihh…. There is a lot of girl out there who like you and of course want to date you. You just have to go out and find her.” Hee. Chul complained.

“Yeah… like me… But can they love me? Can you assure they can accept me? The real me?”

Hee Chul just stays silent. He is speechless with Jong Kook’s question. He wanted to comfort him by lying, but he knew his hyung not a dumb person and can see through his lie.

“See… you… your self can’t assure that. So stop talking nonsense Hee Chul ah... They might admire me, but when they found out the real me- they will be gone. I am sure of that. They will go, left me like before.”

“But I know one person who loves you entirely, unconditionally.”

“Who?? Who’s the ‘unlucky’ person?” Jong Kook says before drink the beer.

“Song Ji Hyo…”

Jong Kook chokes on his drink. He gives an intense stare at Hee Chul, didn’t believe the name that came out from his lips.

“Yaa!! Don’t involve Ji Hyo in this”

Hee Chul smirks at his hyung. He knows he hits the jackpot! “Wae?? What wrong with her?”

“Hajima… Don’t involve her in this… She’s my colleague, plus she…” Jong Kook stops his statement and continues to gulping down the alcohol straight from the bottle.

“She is what hyung?? She is single… She is pretty...What is it? Tell me…” Hee Chul retorts softly. He can see the changes on Jong Kook eyes, a pretty mixed emotion.

“She will never see me more than a brother.”

Hee Chul taps softly Jong Kook’s shoulder, giving him some comfort. The way he see it, Jong Kook surely confuse between his heart and mind. Like a gentleman he is, Jong Kook tries to control and keep it in himself. It surely burdensome to kept everything within him, without telling anybody. Hee Chul knows, he himself like that too.

“Do you love her, hyung??” Hee Chul asks softly.

Still inside his doubtful mind, Jong Kook slowly replies; “I…. I don’t know, Chul ah… I don’t know…”

“Hyung… Please… Don’t feel confuse with your heart...”

“Hee Chul ah… Speak is always easy than done. I… I can’t…. She’s my dongsaeng... My precious… dongsaeng…” Jong Kook slurs his word, already on effect of the alcohol.

“Then… You must be okay if I tell you her secret, right?” Hee Chul tries to place a trap.

Looking at his idol dongsaeng, the tipsy Jong Kook softly asks; “What secret?”

Snap! Trap got its victim. Gotcha!

Hee Chul slyly smirks at Jong Kook who had his head down “Ji Hyo noona already have a boyfriend. They will marry at the end of the year.”

Hearing those shock statement from the lips of the idol, Jong Kook quickly looking up with clear surprised face.

“Nnaniii..?”

“Yah hyung… What’s with that Japanese word? You are funny jinjja…“ Hee Chul let his big laugh out.

“Yahh Kim Hee Chul! Don’t play with me!!” Jong Kook face clearly pissed. “You didn’t kidding me right?”

“Nope…” Hee Chul lies shortly.

“Ww…What? Why she never told me anything about this?”

It’s now clear on Jong Kook face; hurt and restless.

“What will that do with you anyway…?” Hee Chul played his card aggressively.

Snapped by his question, Jong Kook bottle up till the last bit of the beer before open his second big beer and take a huge gulp from it. “You right…. It’s nothing to do with me… “

He is aware that he already made a wrong move. Jong Kook’s answer is not like he expected. It’s the worst case scenario.

“Hyung… No... I’m just kidding… Ji Hyo noona didn’t…..” He tries to explain before Jong Kook quickly cuts in.

“Gwenchana… It is true anyway… I didn’t have anything to do with her. It’s her personal matter… It’s not my place to interfere.”

“Anii hyung… You’ve mistaken…”

“Anii gwenchana… Let’s stop talking about this.”

Jong Kook mobile suddenly rings, indicate someone calling him. In the corner of Hee Chul eyes, he can see the ID of the caller.

‘Oh … Is that…!’

Jong Kook slowly picking up his mobile and answer; “Yes hello my dongsaeng… Waeyo…?”

“Oppa at… Where are we Kim Hee Chul??” Jong Kook asks as he can’t think clearly right now and can’t remember anything.

Hee Chul reluctantly answer: “Gg..Gangnam...”

“Ahh yes… Oppa at Gangnam… Anii… I’m not drunk… Oppa no like to drink remember…” The drunk Jong Kook doing aegyo… What the hell?

“Arasso …. Oppa not driving…. Aratagoo… I promise...” Jong Kook speaks in drunkenness. Who know The Commander can be defeated by one large beer! Well one and a half… But still… It’s not a wine or any heavy type of alcohol.

Geez… This hyung already drunk.

Hee Chul takes the beer bottle in Jong Kook’s hand, avoiding him to take any sip from the bottle.

“Yahh! My beerrr…!”

“No hyung… You cannot drink anymore. Let’s go back home.”

“No… You can go back home first. I’m going to take a quick finish on my beer.” Jong Kook says in seriousness, without any hint of intoxication he shows earlier.

What?? Is this guy had a split personality?

Hee Chul entirely shock with the changes. “Hyung… Are you really drunk?”

“I don’t know…I guess I am drunk… Hahahaha” He smiles widely.

This hyung really have split personality.

And right at that moment, it’s his turn to get a caller. Quickly, he answers the call without seeing the ID.

“Neh…Who is this?”

“It’s me, punk.…. You can go back first if you want. I will go there. I’m close to where you are, if he didn’t change his drinking spot. Just don’t tell anybody about him being drunk. It’s not the first time he being like this.”

The caller ends the call without waiting to receive any answer from Hee Chul.

Looking at his mobile, Hee Chul mumbles in curses. “What the hell wrong with these people?”

“Who’s calling you, boy?”

“Ahh no... Wrong number…” Hee Chul sheepishly lies.

“Is it…?? Hmm… Wrong number yaa… or MoMo??” (this is before the news of both of them dating)

Hee Chul eyes rounded like a golf ball. He stares shockingly at Jong Kook who already laughs softly like a dumb.

“Ww...What are you… How??” He stutters.

“Hey…. This is Kim Jong Kook… I know everything inside idol’s world.” Jong Kook big laugh resonate the entire place.

“Shhhh… hyung! Shut it!”

“Don’t you worry my little peasant…. This commander will lock his mouth like a pandora box.” Jong Kook laughs again.

“Are you sure you not drunk, ahjussi??”

“I am…. And I want to drink again…. Ahjumma…. One more beer please….”

Weird oldies. He is clearly drunk.

“Yahh! I’m not weird…. I just… Lonely.” Jong Kook continues.

Now he is a mind reader.

“Hmm…” Jong Kook sighs softly, taking a deep breath and release it slowly as he shaking his head at the same time.

“Wae hyung??” Hee Chul asks.

“I feel lonely…. Am I alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter