Goodbye, A Word That's Too Short

Spartace Symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lonely…..

He feels lonely. That’s what he feels since couple week ago. The same feeling always accompanies him like a leech. Why he feels like that? Even he didn’t sure the answer. What makes he feel like that? He stills looking for it. But one thing for sure, he hates it. He hates to been lonely.

Like a wingless bird, he feels helpless. He tries to ignore that feeling, but fail miserably. His mind stuck in a deadlock. Why..? Why he felt that way? Isn’t it a normal feeling? And why at the same time it feels so hurt?

His eyes gaze away looking at all of people in front of him. Some of them are laughing and chatting, some are focusing with their work, and some just resting silently. Work is done, filming is ended. Shouldn’t he feel happy with it?

Today’s Running Man shooting doesn’t feel right. His body is there, but his mind is nowhere. His action is solid, but his conscious is lost. Everything feels wrong. He feels like he was alone. Peaceful? His heart didn’t know it. He feels everyone having a tough time with him. Seem like everyone wants to avoid him. Everyone was neglecting him.

Frustrated, annoyed. That’s what he feels. Silently packing his bag, he quickly left the site. Leaving all his coworker that eyeing him with what he thought, a pity eyes. What with those eyes? They didn’t know anything, but still why they give that look? Did he look that pitiful? Did he look miserable? A lot of that assumption is playing inside his head.

Walk relentlessly toward his car. Never once he takes a look back to them. He starts his engine, quickly drive away from uncomfortable situation. He is now driving alone, unlike usual when his manager who always drive him back. His eyes look straight on the road, but his focus is wandering in the thin air.

Voice from his radio softly greets his ear, giving a companion along the road to his den. From voice of the DJ, it changes to a song, a rock song. A genre which can be consider as one of his favorite. But it is not for today. Sound of it makes him mad.

Quickly he changes the station. Silence. Nothing came out from the speaker. Is everything at least gives him some good progress? Cursing below his breath, he changes again. Jazz music beautifully sings. Finally, some good music, he thought. Not his favorite, but he still digs it for its calmness.

There is still a long way to his apartment. Yet, he drives regularly while enjoying the scenery along the way home. His mind starts to wander away, again. Some flashback began to emerge. In sudden, voice of the DJ captures his attention.

                “…. How’s the music yeorobun?.... It is calm, is it….? Imagine hearing this music at night time…. At the beach….With the wind slowly brushing our skin….. ahhh… Refreshing…. “

The DJ shuts in silence for a bit, giving him a moment to imagine the situation.

“And as for now…. We got a song request from our fans… An old song… oh, this is a great song. The cover version of this song is great too…. Without taking any longer, I’ll play this song to fulfill her request.”

“I give you….Park Ki young, singing covers of the living legend, Lee Jang Hee song, titled…. Goodbye, a word that’s too short….”

 

The moment he heard the title of the song, his heart starts to throb. Why this song?? Why at this moment?? Why now?? His mind thinking NO! But his heart says otherwise. He tries to shut the radio off. But his hand won’t move.

At the time he’s struggle between his mind and heart, the song chorus melodically sounds;

                “Goodbye is a word that’s too short….. Who on earth came up with it?..... The pain is like a knife right through my heart…..”

Slowly, tears fall from his eyes. His chest feels hurt. His breath became hard. He cries his heart out. Everything he tries to forgot, visiting his mind. He missed her. Outside, rains softly pour, wetting the road as he glide through his sadness….

 

 

***

 

 

 

                “Hyung.... I’m coming to LA…”

He sends a short text to his friend, who lives in Los Angeles. He needs to get out from this mess. He can’t take it anymore. He feels tortured for everything that happens.

He takes a look around his apartment. There is a single reason why he bought his apartment. To live with the person he loves the most. He decorates his home to match her taste. The furniture, electronics, the decoration.  Black. Most of it is black. It’s their favorite color. Unfortunately, it makes his surrounding gloomy. Like it amusedly mocking him.

His mobile rings suddenly. He lazily picks it up, as the voices ask;

                “Jong Kook ah….. Are you okay? Why so sudden? I thought you super busy?”

                “Tiny… I want to relax for a bit. I am too stressed out nowadays. Just need my regular vacation like usual.” Jong Kook says softly.

                “Alright JK… So when is your flight?” Tiny asks again.

                “Tonight…” He replies, short.

                “Okay. I’ll pick you up later. Just hit me up when you arrive at airport.”

                “Thanks dude. I owe you one.”

Tiny laughs at the end of the call. “Yahh you owe me plenty bro…”

Jong Kook smile and reply. “ I know.. I know… I’ll treat you later bro, okay?”

                “Alright.. See you later then… Peace out.” Tiny ends the call immediately.

Looking at his mobile, he hesitates. Should he tell other? Should he not? Remembering his one brother who always supports him in many ways, he finally decides to tell him about his absent.

                “Jae Suk hyung…. I’m taking a leave for a few days… Mianhe hyung…” he sent a simple message to his hyung.

Yoo Jae Suk. His god-brother since he entered the entertainment industry. The only one who presents through his ups and downs. His sourced of motivation since beginning. And the only one knows about everything.

A moment later, Kim Jong Kook got his replies; “Sure Kook Jong ah… Go… Forget all of it. Take your time.. I’ll be waiting for you.”

He mutters ‘Thank you hyungnim’ and quickly gets up to pack his luggage. He got to go. Go from all the memories for a while. After take a quick shower and wear simple attire, he left his apartment with a sorrow heart.

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

                “HEY JK!! WHERE THE DAMN ARE YOU??”

                “Hey bro…. I’m here.. at…. At the usual bar we always hang out… You know it… right?? Right??” Jong Kook softly answers.

                “Geez… No wonder you not calling me. I’m already at the airport, you know?” Tiny scolds at the end of the line.

                “…. Ahahaha… I am very sorry my bro… it is my fault.. my fault…. It always been my fault hyung… always my fault….”

                “What happen to you JK?? Are you drunk??...” Tiny asks when he gets a weird answer from Jong Kook.

On the other hand, Kim Jong Kook just keeps in silence. Not answering even a word.

                “Wait me there… Don’t go anywhere…” Tiny tells and end the call.

 

Tiny arrive at the bar half of hour later just to find Jong Kook silently reflecting at the seat.  From far, Tiny can feel the loneliness of the tiger. Walks slowly towards the man, he greets;

                “Hey JK… What is going on??”

Pick his head up slowly, Jong Kook turns and softly says; “I’m stupid person hyung….”

                “JK…. “

Tiny sat beside him and continues; “Tell me what happen…. I know you not a drinker. But now you drink 2 bottle of tequila by yourself… Is something bad happen?”

Tiny examines Jong Kook face and two empty bottle of tequila. Healthy freak like him sure not gonna touch even a beer, but now tequila?? Tiny plays inside his mind.

                “I am very stupid. I let her go away from me…”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

One and a half month earlier.

 

                “Oppa….”

Kim Jong Kook turns his head when he heard that voice. Immediately his lips form a smile when he sees the beautiful face he’s longing to see.

                “Ji Hyo ya…”

Quickly, Song Ji Hyo comes into his hug. “I miss you, oppa…”

It’s been a few week Kim Jong Kook didn’t meet her. He’s being away for almost a month due to his world tour. And now he took a short break from it to shoot Running Man.

                “How are you, my girl..?” He asks.

Breaking their hugs, Ji Hyo replies happily; “I’m fine oppa… But now I am better after got to see you face to face..”

                “Aww… that’s so sweet of you, Ji Hyo ya..” He pinches softly her nose.

                “Yaa.. of course.. You are my friend..”

                “Friend?? …. Not boyfriend??” he asks jokingly.

                “Hmm… Nope. And I think you not my friend either…. You are my brother..” Ji Hyo says with her smiles.

Kim Jong Kook just smiles with her answer. He wishes he can break those words.

 

It’s been 9 years of acquaintance between them. And it’s been a long years since he has a crush on her.  He likes her clumsiness, her pretty cheerful face, her attitude towards him and many of it that he can makes a long list. But most of all, he fall in love with her smile. Her smile can melt anyone who look at it, especially him.

                “Wanna hang out with me tonight, Ji Hyo ya??”

                “Ahh I can’t oppa… I got fan meeting tonight… Tomorrow maybe? I’ll confirm it later kay..” Ji Hyo remarks while smiling.

                “Ahh that’s okay if you can’t make it… I’m sure we can hangout when you got free time.”

 

Before he can get any answer from the lady, the PD of starts to call all the member to begin the shooting. “Come on, my star… Let’s group up. We gonna start in 3 minutes.”

He and Ji Hyo walk together toward the member who already grouping in the center. He smiles when he can see his family there, preparing themselves for shooting. How much he missed the atmosphere in Running Man, the more he missed the girl beside him.

                “Annyong haseyo viewers… Yaa it’s been awhile since last time we shoot an episode for Running Man. I am sure all of you can’t wait for new episode to come out.” Yoo Jae Suk starts the shooting.

                “Yes…. But I think they can manage it because last episode of our anniversary fan meeting episode just aired last week. It’s only us who take a break for a month.” Suk Jin cuts Jae Suk sentence.

                “Can’t you just…. Not spoiling my mood right now, hyung?” Jae Suk scolds jokingly which bring laughter to all.

                “Yaa Jong Kook ah…. How about your tour? I heard all the ticket sold out.” Asks Jae Suk when the laughs subside.

                “It is great, hyung…. I can sure you everything is great. My team and all the audience gave me an awesome support. And I still got a few performances after this before I end it here. My last performance gonna be here, at Korea.”

                “Yayayaya… How dare you promoting here.” Jae Suk warns jokingly.

                “Eyyy hyung…. I’m inviting you guys too…” Kong Kook replies.

                “At last.. Free ticket to Jong Kook hyung concert.” Haha jokes.

                “YAAAAHH… I never take a payment for a ticket from you guys before.”

All of them just laugh it aside, trying to change the topic.

                “Ji Hyo noona… I heard you got so busy these past week.” Se Chan tries to digs from the lady.

                “Yeah…. I got a new movie and drama to shoot and also my brother a bit sick this couple week. So I need to do a lot of thing.” Ji Hyo answers.

                “I not sick noona..” Kwang Soo asks with his serious face.

                “Yaaa. I don’t have giraffe as a brother.” Ji Hyo tells in her sarcasm.

                “Hahahah don’t mess with unnie, oppa.” So Min defends.

Kwang Soo just nods slowly in defeat while the member laughs at him. Jong Kook just laughs with their interaction, something he misses for a month.

                “Alright…. Today’s shooting is about….” The PD starts to give their mission.

The filming went smoothly like usual. They fight, they laugh and did the mission happily together like a family. A great filming ends after 10 hours of tiring excitement. When Kim Jong Kook finishes packing his bag, he can see Song Ji Hyo walking towards car in hurry.

                “Ji Hyo yaa…” He shouts mildly.

Ji Hyo who heard his shouts, stop on her walk and responds; “Wae oppa??”

                “Where are you going? You won’t join our late dinner?”

                “No oppa…. My brother needed me, so I need to go home right now.” She replies.

                “Ahh that’s pity… Well then, send my regards to Sung Moon. Tell him his brother-in-law miss him, arachi?” Jong Kook says happily.

                “Yahh oppa…. What in law, huh??” Ji Hyo replies, jokingly.

Jong Kook just zips his mouth, not answering her question. He just waving his hand, gives signal to Ji Hyo to enter her car. When Ji Hyo’s car drove away from the parking lot, just then he walks towards his car. In his mind, he wanted to ask Ji Hyo to go have dinner with him and enjoy the rest of night with her but luck not on his side for that day. He smiles bitterly and drive to restaurant that they gonna have a team dinner.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Today is his last day at Korea. Tomorrow he gonna travel again to finish his tour. And still he didn’t get to hang out with Ji Hyo due to her busy schedule. Feel bored and restless, he suddenly remembers about Ji Hyo’s brother, Cheon Sung Moon.

                “If I didn’t manage to hang out with her sister, at least I can hang out with her brother.” Jong Kook mumbles alone.

Unlock his mobile, he try to call Sung Moon. Waiting for a couple second, his call finally been answered.

                “Annyong Sung Moon ah..”

                “Annyong haseyo Jong Kook hyungnim…Wae yo?” Ji Hyo’s brother speaks at the end of the line.

                “Where are you, Sung Moon ah?”

                “I’m at home hyung… Still the same… not that well.... Did you search for noona ?”

                “Anii… I just want to talk with you. What happen, Sung Moon ah?” Jong Kook asks, worried.

                “I got some infection, hyung…. Hard to breath and my chest feel tight. Sung Im-noona forbids me from going anywhere. She’s been taking care of me since beginning. You know how hard and tough my noona, right?” Sung Moon explains his situation.

                “I see…. I thought you can go out. I just want to hang out with you. That’s all…”

                “Anii…I’m in. I also want to hang out with you, hyung… I feel bored staying at home all the time..”

                “Yahh…. Your sister gonna be mad. I won’t risk it.”

                “Hyung…. Please… Don’t you pity me?? It’s been two week since last time I get out from this house. Noona wouldn’t know if no one told her right?” Sung Moon tries to persuade him.

Jong Kook feels bad for that boy, but he still try not give him any hope. “How about I go there and hang out at you guys house instead?”

                “Eyy hyung…. That’s no different… I still locked in this house and still can’t get out… I need a fresh air…”

Kim Jong Kook still doubts to bring Sung Moon out. But finally he agrees after Sung Moon keep persuading and tell that he gonna get his sister permission.

                “Arasso…. But you still need to ASK your sister bout this. Or she gonna kill me..” Jong kook warns.

                “Arassoooooo….. I’ll wait you hyung…” Sung Moon speaks before he ends the call quickly.

Jong Kook immediately changes his clothes and snatches his car key. He locks he apartment door and walks toward basement where his car is.

 

He almost arrives at Ji Hyo’s house when he got a call. He picked it up and yelled a bit.

                “Yahhh… I almost there.”

                “Palli hyung…. I already waiting here..”

                “Araa… araaa… Gimme 5 minutes…. Haish this guy really…. Like her sister..” Jong Kook says, annoyed.

When Jong Kook arrives at the parking lot, he can see Sung Moon already waiting at the parking lot. Stops his car in front of him, he softly scolds;

                “Yahhh… Why are you waiting here…. Palli… Get inside.”

Sung Moon quickly opens the door and sat at the front passenger seat. He just smiles looking at Jong Kook.

                “What with that smile, huh??”

                “Nothing… Thank you hyung for bring me out today.”

Jong Kook drives away from their apartment complex and go to nearby café. But still it takes about 10 minutes to get there. Park his car at the valet, both of them walks into the café and places their order. Suddenly, Jong Kook remembers something.

                “Sung Moon ah….Did you ask your sister’s permission for you to going out?”

Sung Moon sneakily smiles and replies; “Not yet…”

                “YAHHHH… ASK HER RIGHT NOW!”

                “Arassooo… abeojii…” Sung Moon obliged, and takes out his mobile.

                “Noona.. I’m going out with Jong Kook hyung…. He ‘FORCE’ me to hang out with him… if you mad, please scold your beloved boyfriend, not me…. XD”

 

Sung Moon purposely lied when he texting his sister. For him, it’s better to have a partner if he get scold by his sister. So he’s not alone in this. He chuckles alone when he imagine both him and Jong Kook been scolded by Ji Hyo.

                “Hoii… Why are you laughing alone? Did you ask her yet?”

                “Yes hyung… I already ask her. And she already gives her permission… Don’t worry..” Sung Moon lied.

                “Aishh this kid really…”

“Cool hyung… Cool…”

Jong Kook just shakes his head, feeling funny with his remarks. He slowly sips his hot Americano, tasting the bitterness of the coffee. Americano. It’s never be his favorite before. Now he drinks it like his usual chicken smoothie.

“Sung Moon ah… I want to ask you something…”

“Yes hyung??”

He keeps in silence for a second there, still doubting.

                “Hyung??”

“Did…. Did you… Aihh..” Jong Kook hesitates.

“ What is it?? Just tell me hyung” Sung Moon asks.

“Hmmm…. Did your sister seeing anyone right now??” Jong Kook says, feels shy.

“Mwuh?? What are you talking about, hyung??? Didn’t you guys dating already??” Asks Sung Moon, feeling confuse with Jong Kook question.

“ Yahh… since when we guys date??” Although I want it that way….” Jong Kook sounds a bit gloomy for his last sentence which didn’t past from Sung Moon’s hearing.

Sung Moon acknowledges his situation. Pats Jong Kook shoulder, he softly says; “ Hyung…. If that the case, I can guarantee you that noona didn’t see anyone right now. She always talked about you, hyung…. Every single day… Till I feel like I want to slap her for not stoping…. That’s why I thought you already in relationship with her.”

“Really?? You didn’t joke right?” Jong Kook asks slowly, still doubting.

“I am serious, hyung…. You already got my blessed and permissions if you want to date that lion. Just…. Don’t do anything weird in front of me.” Sung Moon confirms in jokes.

“ Thanks Sung Moon ah… I’m so thankful…. But…. I don’t know Sung Moon ah… Did she really love me too?” His curiosity is high, clogging his face and mind. 

Subng Moon sighs softly, looking at Jong Kook’s tiny eyes. “Hyung…. I don’t know if it love…. But I can guarantee you, that she likes you too…”

“Arasso… Thank you for telling me Sung Moon ah… By the way, I’ll tell your sister bout you calling her lion.” Jong Kook tries to joke.

“HYUNGGG…. PLEASE DON’T….PLEASEEEEE!”

Jong Kook laughs loudly, feels funny with his reaction. They talk and talk like usual. It’s been awhile also since last time Jong Kook and Sung Moon shares their story. They really look like a close friend. They talk and laugh till they forgot about the time. Finally after about an hour and a half, they leave the café and drive towards Ji Hyo, house to send Sung Moon back.

Jong Kook feels weird Ji Hyo didn’t reply anything when he asks her response to Sung Moon. Maybe she cools with it or she got so busy. Who knows.

But, suddenly Sung Moon complaint about his sudden pain chest. He grips his chest hard and breathes heavily. Feel panic but controllable, Jong Kook stop at the side of the road to check his condition.

                “Sung Moon ah… Gwenchana??”

To his surprise, there is no answer come out from Sung Moon lips. He already fainted.

Immediately, Jong Kook drives to nearest hospital and calls the emergency line to inform about his situation. Arrive at the emergency department (ED), paramedics already wait for his arrival. Quickly, he opens the door to let the paramedic to do their work.

After 5 minutes, Sung Moon finally being push to the ER. Jong Kook worriedly waited outside and hoping nothing bad happen.

                “Hang in there… Sung Moon ah…”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo finally finishes her shooting for that day. It’s been a tough day since they got many NG takes. It’s a very stressful day. She rests for a moment before packing her stuff. Entering her car, she turns on her mobile and got shock when tons of notification flooded her phone.

The things that catch her eyes were tons of missed call from unknown number and Kim Jong Kook. Feeling weird, she tries to call back the unknown number first. The line connects almost immediately, bring chills to her spine.

“Yobseyooo… Who is this??” Ji Hyo asks.

“ Annyong haseyo…. Is this Song Ji Hyo ssi??”

“Yes… Can I help you??”

“ Mianhee Ji Hyo ssi…. We from Severance Hospital, Mapo-gu…” the voices stops.

“ What… What happen?? Miss… What happen?” Ji Hyo asks, begin to panic.

“Song Ji Hyo ssi…. We want to inform that your brother, Cheon Sung Moon-ssi has collapsed and been detained at the ICU. We hope you can get here ASAP.”

“Mwuh ra go??” Ji Hyo in total shocked.

“We like you to be here for any further question. I am very sorry regarding your situation.” The call ends.

Song Ji Hyo kept silence at her seat, trying to brain her situation. She cannot believe with what she just heard. A lot of things start to play inside her mind. Tears start to fall from her beautiful eyes. Snapped out from her silence, she then drive quickly to the hospital, hoping everything’s going to be fine and hopefully it just a false alarm.

 

She arrives at the hospital in just 10 minutes. She quickly goes to the reception and asks her brother whereabouts. The moment she arrive at the ICU, she can see one familiar silhouette waiting at the front of the door.

“Jong Kook oppa…?”

Jong Kook slowly turns his head, facing clueless Ji Hyo. His eyes were red with tears. Visible in his eyes the sadness, worrisome and terror for Ji Hyo’s temper.

“Ji Hyo ya…” he talks slowly.

“What are you doing here, oppa…?” asks Ji Hyo, still clueless.

“I….. I….” he stutters.

“Who is the guardian of Cheon Sung Moon?” Suddenly the doctor speaks, after coming out from the ICU.

“It’s me doctor…. I’m his guardian.” Ji Hyo quickly informed.

“Ohh Song Ji Hyo ssi… You are his sister, right?”

Song Ji Hyo nods and continue; “Everything okay, Doctor?”

The doctor takes a deep breath before continues; “I am very sorry to tell you this. Your brother now is in the state of coma, and sadly he need to undergo an operation.”

Ji Hyo legs become weak. Her tears start to fall. She almost fell down, but quickly Jong Kook catches her and makes her stand with him.

“Wha… What happen… No… I can’t believe this… Nooo…” Her cries broke immediately, wetting her soft cheek.

“What happen really, doctor?? Why he need an operation?” Jong Kook takes over, letting Ji Hyo cries inside his arm.

“Sadly, Cheon Sung Moon is having lung illness, bronchiectasis due to pneumonia. In shortly, he developed bacteria inside his lung. Due to this, his lung badly infected and he has to do a lung transplant.” The doctor explains briefly.

Hearing this, Song Ji Hyo cries become heavier. Her heart can’t take all of this. Jong Kook softly taps her back, calming her mood.

“Shhh… Gwenchana… It’s okay Sung Im ah… I got ya…”

When her cries lessen from Jong Kook words, he then asks the doctor; “Is anything we can do doctor besides having a transplant?? Maybe a lighter treatment process?”

“Sadly no, Jong Kook ssi…. His lung is so bad, that he needs a new one. But I can assure you his situation right now is less than what I expected. So momentarily, we can wait a suitable donor for him. Amazingly, his body still strong to adapted his illness. So he can wake up from his comatose state sooner or later.”

“I see….. Thank you, doctor.” Jong Kook says, accepting his explanation. “Err… Doc, I am sorry for this, but can I have a copy of document about the Sung Moon illness?”

“Ahh sure you can…. I’ll send it to you later. For now, I have to leave for another patient.” The doctor asks permission to leave.

“Sure doctor… Thank you very much doctor. Thank you.” Jong Kook shakes the doctor hands.

Jong Kook brings slowly weaken Ji Hyo inside the private ward. She feels too weak, didn’t have any energy to speak or doing anything. It is too much for her to handle. Make her sit on the couch, Jong Kook then softly caressing her hair. Pampering and give all the love he can give at the moment.

“It’s going to be alright, Ji Hyo yaa…. Believe me…. It’s gonna be like usual.”

Ji Hyo just mong-ly accept his word. Her head cannot process anymore. She feels like half of her world disappeared. She just let Jong Kook play with her hair. She felt so much comfortable with Jong Kook action. Slowly, she drift away inside his hug and at the same time she softly hear one voice telling “Mianhee my love…” before she fall asleep.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

She wakes up when she felt someone sit beside her. With her heavy head, she tries to open her soggy eyes. Look around her surrounding, she immediately knew that all things happen was not a dream. She slowly accepted the situation, and determined that she will do anything for her brother.

“Are you okay, dear…?”

She immediately turns to the source of voice, feel weird with sudden sweet nickname.

“Jong Kook oppa… You’re here??” she asks.

“Errr… Yes!?” Jong Kook tilts his head weirdly.

“Since when you here?” Ji Hyo asks blankly. Her mind didn’t completely sober from her sleep.

“ Since beginning…” Jong Kook frowns with her remarks. “I should get you some refreshment. It’s look like you still sleepy.”

Jong Kook stands from his seat and walks away to the cafeteria. When he reach at the door knob, he startle by a hug from behind.

“Thank you, oppa…. Thanks for stay with me…”

Turning to face Ji Hyo, he then cups her face and softly caressing her cheeks. “I’ll do anything for you.. Even if it means I have to die….”

After he ends his word, Ji Hyo claims his lips with hers. Although he a bit shock by the kiss, he slowly accepting their first kiss, lovingly give the love back.

Both of them can feel the love through the kisses. They keep savoring each other, release all resentment and longing.

Feeling shy with his acceptance, she breaks the kiss and buried her face on his chest.

“Mianhee oppa…” that’s the only word she can give right now.

Kissing her head, Jong Kook lovingly says; “I’ll go get you some refreshment.. Wait for me, my love..”

Ji Hyo can feel redness on her cheeks after she heard that. Releasing her hugs, she let Jong Kook left to the cafeteria.

 

She walks to the mirror room where Sung Moon lies. She starts to cries again when she see her brother inside, helplessly lying on the bed. She wondering what really happened at the time Sung Moon get the attack.

She knows what illness he is having, although it still controllable. Doctor gives her permission for him to stay at her apartment, but with one condition. DO NOT LET HIM GO OUTSIDE. That’s why she never let her brother out from her house. She purposely quarantined him, knowing the effect that will happen if he left. She knew in this situation, she never has the focus to do any filming.

 

Take her seat, she open her mobile to inform her manager to reschedule her time. Her eyes stop when she sees a notification from Sung Moon. Worriedly, in her mind she thought about Sung Moon searching for help in his text. With her shaking hand, she clicks on the message and read the content.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jong Kook walks back to the private room with heart full of love. He never thought he get a kiss from Ji Hyo. Since beginning he felt its only one-sided love. But she proves him wrong today. From the kiss, he knew Ji Hyo love him too.

“Jong Kook ah..” Yoo Jae Suk calls him from behind.

“Ohh hyung… You’re here…”

“Yeah…. When you call earlier, I drop all my work and drive here immediately. Thank goodness I didn’t have any schedule for the rest of the day.”

“Thank you hyung…” Jong Kook says, showing his appreciation.

“Hmmm… How is Sung Moon? Is he okay?”

“I don’t know how to tell you, hyung…. But he is pretty bad, he needs a surgery…”

“Surgery???? You not kidding right, Kook Jong ie?” Jae Suk shocks with his statement.

“Sadly, yes hyung… A lung transplant..”

 

Both of them just kept in silence. Breaking the ice, Jong Kook invites Jae Suk to Sung Moon room.

“Let’s go hyung… I lead you to his room. Ji Hyo is here already, inside his room.”

“She’s here?” Jae Suk asks weirdly.

“Huh?? Of course she is here. Sung Moon is her brother.” Jong Kook says while looking at Jae Suk with his curiosity.

Jae Suk lets his cockle smiles out. He absolutely forgot about Ji Hyo being Sung Moon sister. “Kajaa…” He says, feeling emba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter