I Will Fight

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We cautiously descend the building through the emergency exit stairs to avoid encountering more zombies. Minho is capable of fighting them no doubt. He's proven it inside my apartment. However, he wishes to reserve his energy for saturated areas. Killing multiple zombies requires speed and agility to avoid getting bitten. Plus, he considers having Comme des and Garcons with us a handicap. 

He also assumes I am useless when it comes to fighting. But, if push comes to shove, perhaps I can recall my training during the Three Musketeers and The Mask of Zorro musicals. My cutlery knives will definitely come in handy.

"Kibum." Minho speaks in a hushed voice, just enough for me to hear. "You wait here first. I have to check the lobby for zombies."

Before I could protest, he already sets out to scout the area leaving Garcons on the ground, scared and confused. I hurriedly grab the leash before Garcons runs off to where he shouldn't be. 

I peek through the small opening of the door to see what Minho is doing. He weaves through a horde of zombies killing each of them on stealth mode. Swift. Silent. Efficient. His training with the Marines shows.

He stabs the last zombie dead center on the forehead without conscience. He must have seen me drop my jaw in awe at that last solid kill because he's now walking back with a cocky smirk. "Were you watching?"

"Yes. You seem like you've done this for a long time."He picks Garcons up, rocking him a little to comfort him.

"Good. Now you know where and how to kill them. You can't just rely on me to fight every zombie for you from now on."

"Wait, what? Are you underestimating me? I've watched a good number of zombie movies to figure out on my own how to kill them." Ugh. He often gets on my nerves. And at a time like this?? I thought we were in a hurry.

"That's the spirit! Now, we have to get to my car. There will be more zombies outside and I can't watch out for you." He looks at the dogs with a pensive frown. "Comme des and Garcons will be a problem."

"We can't leave them. That is non-negotiable." I can see him struggle to figure this out but leaving Comme des and Garcons behind will eat away at my conscience.

"How far is it to your car?" I ask. Maybe I can come up with a solution.

"I parked as close as possible but it's still probably more than fifty meters away." He unconsciously rubs his chin in deep thought. "I can't get the car near the entrance either. It's blocked."

Ottoke? Am I really going to say goodbye to them now? A hand reaches out to pat my shoulder. Minho senses my distress. I look up, mouth trembling, eyes desperately pleading for him to figure this out no matter what.

Minho sighs. He's most likely thought of a plan that will require him to do most of the fighting and killing. I understand the situation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter