Act 1: Friends and Home

The Tale of Nokdu: Unfinished Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act 1

Friends and Home

 

Hwang Jang Gun watched the young girl walked away from his spot, several times he saw her kept glancing to his direction while holding his disciple’s robe. He sighed deeply when she, along with the guy and the Palace’s army, moving further away from where he was hiding. Slowly, he turned his attention to the young man who sat unconscious next to him. He knew Nok Du was badly wounded and their time was running short.

Hwang Jang Gun knew he had to make it to the island or Dong Joo’s sacrifice would mean nothing.

Please, make sure Nok Du to stay alive, Master.

He blew a breath. “My goodness….”

Bearing his own pain, Jang Gun carried Nok Du on his back and took Dong Joo’s bow and arrows, wishing she was also keeping her promise to stay alive and he could make it in time.

When he arrived at the pier, all the people on the boat gasped seeing him and his disciple.

“Nok Du!” Hwang Tae rushed on his side, helping him carried the young man on his back.

“Hurry. Let’s go!”

“Wait! What about the girl?”

Jang Gun looked at the faces on the boat and sighed before looking at Nok Du’s brother. “We don’t have much time. Nok Du is more important.” He released Dong Joo’s arrows and bow, placing it on the boat.

Hwang Tae went silent before nodding reluctantly, carrying Nok Du to the boat while the Master started to navigate, sailing away from the pier.

“Is he alright?” Mal-Nyeon asked, tears on her eyes.

Jang Gun smiled sadly. “I’m sure he is.”

“And Dong Joo?” This time Bok-nyeo who was asking the question.

The Master didn’t know how to answer it.

“They move to another direction,” Hwang Tae suddenly said. He stood on the boat, watching the torches were indeed moving away from the pier.

Jang Gun smiled slightly, silently thanking Dong Joo. “And it’s time for us to also move to another direction.”

 

 

The journey to the island took almost a day and Jang Gun could see Nok Du was dying. He had a fever and his face was paler, most of all, he was still unconscious. He, himself, had a wound on his stomach, but at least it didn’t have to cost his life. All the people on the boat were taking turns to look after Nok Du, even Yeon-Geun was crying several times and often muttered to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter